Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I haven't got my white suit ready!

Posted Image

Might need something warmer than a white suit .. and as for palm trees ....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Almost infinitely unlikely. The only way it would have attacked is if cornered. It also sounds like they knew roughly where it was, so could easily have set up a cordon. I find it telling that a similar escape in 1986 resulted in all wolves been successfully recaptured. In the meantime an overbearing and imho pernicious 'health and safety' culture has become embedded in the nation's psyche. I think this makes us far less safe overall, as it encourages us to think that someone else will sort out any risk, therefore we don't need to be alert.

I'd actually change laws, so less money was spent on 'health and safety' by Government and divert it into something practical, for instance fixing potholes in roads. I managed to hit one in Colchester this morning and although not a big deal this time, it reminded me of another I hit on the outskirts of Colchester only a few weeks ago, which was hidden by a puddle. This one damaged my tyre wall. I had to replace the tyre before the MK trip, as I was advised that a blow-out risk was substantial. Posted Image

Most accidents are down to people not paying attention not because something is unsafe, the amount of silly rules around these days just because people could do this or that if they don't pay attention to what they are doing is ridiculous. If whatever the health and safety measure is just happens to fail people are probably more likely to get hurt because now they think they don't need to pay attention. I agree with you completely, there are many things the money spent on health and safty could be used for.

I have windows here that open outwards like doors on the first floor, I don't mind them, they are lockable so if I'm not in the room the kids can't open them. If there a fire and we can't get down stairs I can easily get us out of the back window which has a one floor extension to step on to. Also there is a ladder to get down to the ground. The council want the landlord to put bars up so the kids don't fall out of the windows.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

morni....Ok Afternoon all. That turned to 12 as im typing.

Boring day here at work so need something entertaining to happen....plus im spending too much money on Amazon black friday rubbish that i really dont need but "have to buy it at that kind of discount".....

pretty dull out there, we need an injection of cold and snow to liven things up here....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

time to order that SAD lamp, cannot cope with anymore grey :(

• Like 5

Posted

time to order that SAD lamp, cannot cope with anymore grey Posted Image

Hi Tilly,  order a new sledge aswell, looking good as we go into December, 5th-7th looks good for you in kent and me in the East of the region..

• Like 1

Posted

Still waiting for the Daily Excess to run a new snowmaggedon story on its front page, obviously they don't keep an eye on the models. Anyway, bought a sledge for the 2 yr old last weekend, so hoping to get some use out of it soon.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78508-model-output-discussion-18th-nov2013-12z-onwards/?p=2846537

Latest from Ian f,

Colder spell expected later next week may last somewhat longer than initially suspected but longevity & influence to S UK very uncertain.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun has been out here......

for 15 seconds before greyness returned Posted Image

Hope everyone is having a good day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

time to order that SAD lamp, cannot cope with anymore grey Posted Image

Strange how some cope with it better than others (this is not a dig) I just plod on and do seasonal activities (more out in the summer, more in the winter) must admit that moving the table to the spare room by the window for artwork was a fine move for me as it is S and W facing so gets the light in the second half of the day.

• Like 1

Posted

Damp, mucky and murky here in Croydon. CK, Have had a word with our odds compilers, although I know you're being very tongue-in-cheek re. Charlton winning the Premier League, we've come up with quotes of around 2,500/1 - 5,000/1.So many variables to factor into forming a quote for that eventuality, Charlton gaining promotion, finding a wealthy prospective owner, attracting the best players to compete with the top clubs in the Premiership, etc, etc. Go and spend that tenner on a nice relaxing disc, to play when you retire to bed, to help you avoid having these bizarre dreams. Tom.

Similar weather to yours, dull and dreary here in Harlow, similar to the town itself, sorry to anyone who lives here, must admit not to be on my favourite places.Tom thanks. Odds are higher than I suspected, might be worth a flutter especially before it comes who the new owners will be, think you will then knock at least a zero off, if and it's very big if, its who I am told it is, also won't be at valley for many more years, will be moving near to the dome. Promise no more talk re football today, must get on with some work, then off to see the accountant so he can tell me if I got a spare tenner :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

Urghhhh! Very grey, damp and gloomy out there with low cloud/mist - the type that isn't really drizzle but it still gathers on hard surfaces and drip, drip, drips incessantly like someone hasn't turned a tap off....

Posted Image

The sky is so dark and the air is so thick with moisture, I'd swear you could cut it with a knife and fork :doh: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good recent posting by Snowking on the model thread. :) Saying pretty much the same as Tamara has been recently.

I find myself getting a bit wound up by the posting style of one or two people there (and these aren't weather novices) name checking others and criticising / belittling.

• Like 4

Posted

Well taken advantage of the dull day to call orange and get my phone upgraded, even comes on a cheaper tarriff for mini S3 (as long as it works as a phone and camera that is all I need)

Posted

Good recent posting by Snowking on the model thread. 

Yep, liked that explanation and thoughts too.

Posted

(damn, just realised that admits I've been reading the MAD thread! Posted Image )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well what a thoroughly disgusting day - mild, grey, damp, murky - yuck! Thank heavens it's only lasting 48 hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Good recent posting by Snowking on the model thread. Posted Image Saying pretty much the same as Tamara has been recently.

I find myself getting a bit wound up by the posting style of one or two people there (and these aren't weather novices) name checking others and criticising / belittling.

Having met the bloke I can safely say his forecasts and views are honest and true.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Has something weird happened with the quoted posts format? Posted Image I never know whether or not it's down to my pc.

Edit

Seems to be okay again. I'm putting it down to my pc

Edited by Steve C

Posted

WOW I am listening to dance/trance music! do I need help or a dance floor?

Posted

WOW I am listening to dance/trance music! do I need help or a dance floor?

Nowt wrong with that, just crank it up!

• Like 1

Posted

Nowt wrong with that, just crank it up!

Super headphones on and loud my friend :)

Posted

Am I super lazy ( still in housecoat and not been out all day ) ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon all

Dull, damp, dismal and dark here now.  Been quite mild though.

At least this is my last working day of the week.  A nice long weekend beckons me in 2hrs. Posted Image