Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yep. Just watching it on bbc. Sorry Chris. Thought your comment about the statues was funny

Very sad news. and haha yeah I hate the things. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

All quiet now !!! Night all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

STREAMER ALERT

Setting up nicely in the Irish Sea

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

STREAMER ALERT

Setting up nicely in the Irish Sea

C.S

It's all rain here so far though. Oh bugger it, i'll stay up until about 3 and see what happens. 

That sad news has thrown me somewhat. 

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Just had a winter mix pass through here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Sleet and a few snowflakes here now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of snow on the tops, above about 1400ft I immagine but nothing at our altitude.

Possibly a bit about this afternoon as that small area pushes through later today but after that it looks like a return to the default cloud, damp and mild.

Currently 1.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Last night before going to sleep I saw the first snowflake of the season. It just melted while it landed on my window, it were raining too. Too bad the cold snap just too short.

It is chilly and cloudy here in Chorley. Saw a big shower coming in from the Irish Sea atm.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of sleet mixed in as the drizzle starts to fall here but hardly noticeable and with the temperatures slowly creeping up, now at 2.5c I thinks that's as good as it gets.

IMBY we never get much from Northerly's but the fridge in our kitchen is more potent than this damn thing has been.

Posted

Unfortunately, that was about as close to a damp squib is it's possible to get. Just rain here, even the sleep is questionable. It wasn't even cold. Temps didn't go below 3 °C.

I would like to apologise to those people that said thicknesses would be too high and predicted this correct. I didn't think sicknesses would play such a part, but evidently they did. Oh well, Christmas is coming, I shall enjoy that, and there'll be plenty more opportunities for cold and snow throughout the winter. After all, all the exciting events last winter didn't happen until January.

Posted

Unfortunately, that was about as close to a damp squib is it's possible to get. Just rain here, even the sleep is questionable. It wasn't even cold. Temps didn't go below 3 °C.I would like to apologise to those people that said thicknesses would be too high and predicted this correct. I didn't think sicknesses would play such a part, but evidently they did. Oh well, Christmas is coming, I shall enjoy that, and there'll be plenty more opportunities for cold and snow throughout the winter. After all, all the exciting events last winter didn't happen until January.

And March, and April and around here even in May.It's just a shame that winter can't do it's bit actually during the winter months rather than in spring.
  • Like 1

Posted

And March, and April and around here even in May.It's just a shame that winter can't do it's bit actually during the winter months rather than in spring.

Haha yes indeed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

plenty of times the north west were forecast rain showers which turned out to be snow mostly because of evaporative cooling, the showers were too light yesterday.

Posted

plenty of times the north west were forecast rain showers which turned out to be snow mostly because of evaporative cooling, the showers were too light yesterday.

Yes, that played a part too. 

Posted

Arnt we expecting a few flakes today??

Maybe but few will probably be the word that sums it up best.
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow on the higher tops locally this morning and saw some flakes overnight which had settled on the garden and rooftops here at 210m asl. Flash webcam shows a cm or two still settled near Buxton.

post-8763-0-58058300-1386335581_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Maybe but few will probably be the word that sums it up best.

The sky has that look about it

Posted

The sky has that look about it

Reading the comments in the model thread I think we can put the emergency chairs away for a while.As for today, Met O are saying snow possible over higher ground but how high does that ground need to be.I'm in ear popping territory up here but what bit of snow I could see on the moors first thing has now gone and on past experience that doesn't bode well for more of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I won't count as a cold snap, it just a typical cool interlude.