Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

temp rising very quickly.

Rain today says sleet for your location 2100 and 2200hrs LOL

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rain today says sleet for your location 2100 and 2200hrs LOL

C.S

I doubt it unfortunately, even freezing rain is not a possibility at the moment. I'm more interested in tomorrow, the cold front and after that

• Like 1

Posted

Well its gonna be an early night for me early start tommorow 6.30 got to be up for :( but not yet way too early n Englands playing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp up to 3.0°C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Your a tease lol.I was laughing at her indoors outdoors this morning defrosting the car i did help eventually but she has one of those pink glove scrapers im not using that lol

I'd have gladly used a pink scraper at half six this morning and then fed it to anyone walking past who questioned my choice of colour.Anyway -2.1c here now but with the first signs of high cloud moving in my thoughts of -3c are looking a bit optimistic.
  • Like 1

Posted

Well its gonna be an early night for me early start tommorow 6.30 got to be up for Posted Image but not yet way too early n Englands playing.

And losing :-( 

I have University at 11:30, hopefully the cold front will have passed by then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I doubt it unfortunately, even freezing rain is not a possibility at the moment. I'm more interested in tomorrow, the cold front and after that

indeed there is an opportunity later tomorrow,as for tonight it is raining at 500ft in  Scotland

that just about tell you everything you need to know.

C.S

Posted

I'd have gladly used a pink scraper at half six this morning and then fed it to anyone walking past who questioned my choice of colour.Anyway -2.1c here now but with the first signs of high cloud moving in my thoughts of -3c are looking a bit optimistic.

I used the credit card...well i might as well cant use itfor anything else now nearly being christmas and all or should i say ive used it for everthing else. Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

i just want the front to come so i can check my new rain/wind sensors are working since i smashed the old ones when moving my weather station to this house! 

Posted

indeed there is an opportunity later tomorrow,as for tonight it is raining at 500ft in  Scotland

that just about tell you everything you need to know.

C.S

Yep. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I used the credit card...well i might as well cant use itfor anything else now nearly being christmas and all or should i say ive used it for everthing else.

Bet you can't buy a decent fall of snow with it though.
  • Like 1

Posted

anyone who is expecting anything other than rain this evening are going to be bitterly disappointed.

That's what you said last night!

But yes, I'm inclined to agree with you on this occasion, except perhaps above  around 500 M.

Posted

Positively tropical 5.6 c now, more chance of hailing taxis than snow ....

Tell us when the rain starts :-)

3.4°C here with the wind increasing. 

Edited by Chris R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Somebody that lives 200 above sea level in Scotland says: The snow had pretty much turned to rain but now precip is getting heavier and its turning back to snow with slush on car windscreens.

• Like 1

Posted

Bet you can't buy a decent fall of snow with it though.

Lol it would be nice though iwould get us all some lol

Posted

Somebody that lives 200 above sea level in Scotland says: The snow had pretty much turned to rain but now precip is getting heavier and its turning back to snow with slush on car windscreens.

Evaporative cooling. Will play a part for us tomorrow, but I think we're too far gone for tonight.

"Evaporative cooling is a physical phenomenon in which 
evaporation of a liquid, typically into surrounding air, cools an object or a liquid in contact with it. Latent heat, the amount of heat that is needed to evaporate the liquid, is drawn from the air. When considering water evaporating into air, the wet-bulb temperaturewhich takes both temperature and humidity into account, as compared to the actual air temperature (dry-bulb temperature), is a measure of the potential for evaporative cooling. The greater the difference between the two temperatures, the greater the evaporative cooling effect. When the temperatures are the same, no net evaporation of water in air occurs, thus there is no cooling effect. The wet-bulb temperature is essentially the lowest temperature which can be attained by evaporative cooling at a given temperature and humidity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

Edited by Chris R
  • Like 2

Posted

Evaporative cooling. Will play a part for us tomorrow, but I think we're too far gone for tonight.

Like us all then ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

So you think we may get some tomorrow Chris?

Posted

So you think we may get some tomorrow Chris?

Possibly, it all depends on how things develop during tonight and tomorow morning rea surface temperatures. Will have a better idea tomorrow lunch time when we  can see how much the cold air undercuts the Low as it moves away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Possibly, it all depends on how things develop during tonight and tomorow morning rea surface temperatures. Will have a better idea tomorrow lunch time when we  can see how much the cold air undercuts the Low as it moves away. 

Can't wait!! I work in a different office on Wednesdays and one boss is a snow lover and loves Xmas and one hates it all.  Needless to say we put the xmas tree up in october and keep praying for snow haha