Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well it has been a cold but mainly sunny day here, remains dry and very calm, hope it holds out like this over the weekend, some photo op's should be available then.

Congrats Matt on the job front Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sad to say I too am on call for the 23rd so will not be able to attend :(  (and guess it will be a bit slower/quieter in here as a result) but I hope you all have a good time if you are attending Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's forecasts like the above where I miss the old BBC weather symbols Posted Image

Those were the days... 

Well I think the Met Office are secretly trying to tell us something by releasing this, it's a photo of their cake that was baked for Children in Need day ... just look how far south they have those snowflakes.....

post-10773-0-86067700-1384532144_thumb.p

....I feel a fridgecast coming on Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well I think the Met Office are secretly trying to tell us something by releasing this, it's a photo of their cake that was baked for Children in Need day ... just look how far south they have those snowflakes.....

Posted Image1460257_10151860560334209_1448543874_n.png

....I feel a fridgecast coming on Posted Image

Yes! I promised I'd do one today....... just waiting for the 12z before I dare! TBH I think Saturday would have been a safer bet, but I'm out all day, so no Magnets.. Lots of Caveats on mine I think!

• Like 3

Posted

Ha! 

Maybe....

Posted Image

All I'm committing to is that it looks significantly colder next week than this week. Nice and Ambiguous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Ha! 

Maybe....

Posted Image

All I'm committing to is that it looks significantly colder next week than this week. Nice and Ambiguous!

That fence your all on could be getting busy :p

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Do these fridgecasts suggest we are about to enter the freezer for a couple of weeksPosted Image

I just like standing there slapping the weather magnets on the front of the fridge freezer and presenting my 'forecasts' to anyone who will listen really (It's usually a passing cat or dog who thinks it's food time *sigh*)

........story of my life really, I never got that Blue Peter badge and Jim never fixed it for me to present the weather on TV (mind you that's probably a good thing knowing what we know now)

........anyway tis cold here tonight so the 80's leg warmers won't look silly at all Posted Image ....I'm off to see how 'big' I can make my hair with back combing and hairspray ......catch you all when I sober up tomorrow - happy Friday night Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted

Thank you all for cheering me up on what has otherwise been an absolutely dreadful day. I don't know where I would be without this thread. Seriously.

Well pleased for you Captain Shortwave, that's brilliant news and well done. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I've been known to badger Mr Raven to cut the grass if it's too long and snow is due - the shorter the grass, the higher the Kentimetres...

Why have i not thought of this before??? I shall send him out as soon as he gets home!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Happy you feel cheered up BB. I love our thread. Even more so than FB and twitter, where I interact with my human friends. You cyber bunch are great...:-)

On a seperate note, I don't envy being a poor Mod tonight on the model thread. Even though Team Jo seems to be reining posters in :-D you go Jo haha.

To keep on topic, it's clear and 7c here at the moment. Cold enough to blow vapour smoke. Have a great evening all. Laters

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Happy you feel cheered up BB. I love our thread. Even more so than FB and twitter, where I interact with my human friends. You cyber bunch are great...:-)

On a seperate note, I don't envy being a poor Mod tonight on the model thread. Even though Team Jo seems to be reining posters in :-D you go Jo haha.

To keep on topic, it's clear and 7c here at the moment. Cold enough to blow vapour smoke. Have a great evening all. Laters

• Like 2

Posted

aww.

Polite guidance, that's all! :D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Happy you feel cheered up BB. I love our thread. Even more so than FB and twitter, where I interact with my human friends. You cyber bunch are great...:-)On a seperate note, I don't envy being a poor Mod tonight on the model thread. Even though Team Jo seems to be reining posters in :-D you go Jo haha.To keep on topic, it's clear and 7c here at the moment. Cold enough to blow vapour smoke. Have a great evening all. Laters

I agree because on here its less of the 'yayyyyyy McBusted in april! — feeling excited.' posts (which is an actual facebook status from one of my friends I used to live with).A cool 3.8c here, dropping off fast tonight. Last night didnt quite make it down past 4c for some reason? 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Pass the first set of Prozac!!!!!!! The mad thread has descended into snipe and counter aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Think I will defiantly see snow next weekend?

I am working in Sweden for the weekend! :)

Posted

Posted Image

gfs main run

the thick green line is a warm outlier on the 20th

also goes off on one on the 25th

these are what you call all over the place

tonights fax could be interesting Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all

Not been around much recently, been very busy with work, but keeping an eye on here.  I hope all are ok, and if you are not ok that things will improve soon.  It's great that we share good and bad happenings in the context of something we utterly cannot control (no, not my tendency to think I am a blues singer after several pints, but the weather!)

Anyway, I have just got the fire going in the sitting room and it's currently 4.6c outside.  Looks like we might get a frost here so the trip to drop my daughter at the park for running training should be a good one.  I noticed today that the leaves on our garden trees had noticeably thinned out so that the lowering sun actually seemed brighter and more potent as it now has less foliage to push past on its way in. It's been a beautiful Autumn day here, let's hope there are some more days like this to lift the spirits.

AS

• Like 4

Posted

hi all

just looked at the mad thread

Posted Image

heres ecm for wednesday 1800

Posted Image

Posted Image

thurs 0000

Posted Image

Posted Image

am i missing something?

• Like 2

Posted

true

i think fax and ramps for me from now on

whats winter proper going to be like?

thats why sticking at 144 in distance is better re accuracy

and keeping a sane mind

back later with the updates

john Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

IT'S ONE RUN!!!

there. I've said it :D

• Like 5

Posted

IT'S ONE RUN!!!

there. I've said it Posted Image

I tried that excuse, Jo, when my wife was, in my view, a little over-critical of my efforts to paint the front door.  Didn't work then either!

AS

• Like 4

Posted

whos for an 18z super stella pub run now

now surely that ONE RUN would be correct

Posted ImagePosted Image

goes into hiding with jo for a while Posted Image

• Like 3