Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted

-4c at home this morning, the coldest so far, though I am back at uni now where there was only a light frost. That is only slightly higher than the coldest min any time last winter season (including March), and 1.5C lower than anything last January or Febuary! but that more shows how rubbish they were for low minima.

had -2.1c at home on Saturday and -3.2c on Sunday. Here are a couple pictures I took at home on Saturday morning which had a beautiful frost/shallow fog/sunrise combination:

post-7593-0-50908400-1385504541_thumb.jp

post-7593-0-08748300-1385504552_thumb.jp

Edited by Stormmad26
  • Like 4

Guest William Grimsley

-4c at home this morning, the coldest so far, though I am back at uni now where there was only a light frost. That is only slightly higher than the coldest min any time last winter season (including March), and 1.5C lower than anything last January or Febuary! but that more shows how rubbish they were for low minima.

had -2.1c at home on Saturday and -3.2c on Sunday. Here are a couple pictures I took at home on Saturday morning which had a beautiful frost/shallow fog/sunrise combination:

Posted Imagemist frost longer grass.jpg

Posted Imagemist frost sunrise.jpg

Nice pics, Sam! :D

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cold with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 4.8°C 13:53 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 2 mph 08:54 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 0 mph 00:00 Wind Run Yesterday: 0.0 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 90° E.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hurry up you lot!! The airplane is ready to go!!!! ....... http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/icehotel/index.php

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It's like an EL James novel today! At least 50 shades of grey in the sky!

But far better than I anticipated in my post yesterday pm as aside from the slightest of drizzle in the air for a while mid morning there has been no sign of anything unpleasant because the warm front went through overnight.

9.4c which is the highest temperature for quite a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Feels positively balmy out there today, first time in a while I haven't needed a coat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Feels positively balmy out there today, first time in a while I haven't needed a coat.

just got back from shopping.....your 'balmy' is my 'chilly' Nick Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

just got back from shopping.....your 'balmy' is my 'chilly' Nick Posted Image

Wuss! I'm in a hoody and even that felt a bit on the warm side after a bit of a walk!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wuss! I'm in a hoody and even that felt a bit on the warm side after a bit of a walk!

CHAV! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

CHAV! Posted Image

I'm a student, I'm allowed!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Colder spell expected later next week may last somewhat longer than initially suspected but longevity & influence to S UK very uncertain.

looks like met are more confident now of a more prolonged cold-spell,for most of the country

Good news but also can't help but worry we would end up south of the M4 in the near future.... Posted Image

Posted

Colder spell expected later next week may last somewhat longer than initially suspected but longevity & influence to S UK very uncertain.

looks like met are more confident now of a more prolonged cold-spell,for most of the country

Good news but also can't help but worry we would end up south of the M4 in the near future.... Posted Image

I hate it when they use the M4 as the dividing line, seeing as I practically live on it!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those who don't like to visit the "boiling cauldron" that is the MOD thread, I posted the following in the winter thread this morning and it still rings true as to how most would view the future developing.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78310-winter-2013-2014-discussion-part-2/?p=2846364

Best Wishes

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was dry and cool with a light wind yesterday, here. High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Hourly Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm 00:00 Rainfall Yesterday: 0.0 mm High Temperature Yesterday: 9.6°C 14:18 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 1 mph 05:18 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 0 mph 00:00 Wind Run Yesterday: 0.0 mi Dominant Direction Yesterday: 90° E.

Posted

Good ole Roger Brugge, I often print out his summaries for posterity. That looks somewhat chilly by Camborne standards, a nudge here and there the right way and you might well get some wintry bits. I am still confused by how to separate the observed from forecast, i.e. we can't observe something that hasn't happened. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A high of 10.2C here yesterday.

Currently 9C and cloudy but a few blue sky breaks. :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Netweather seem to think there is a bit of a snow event a week tomorrow coming.... Is there any weight to this??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Netweather seem to think there is a bit of a snow event a week tomorrow coming.... Is there any weight to this??

The current output suggest it could be a tad chilly, Northerly looking quite possible, the last 3 or 4 runs showing the same thing. Interest is from 6th December, longevity is in question at the moment.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It could be a 3 day snap, but there is talk that it *could* bring about a North Easterly flow and something a bit more prolonged. but many hurdles to jump before we can start talking about that.

Certainly looking like a good start to the winter on current output, at the moment.

• Like 3