Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted

xmas eve/day - could be a covering of wintriness in a few places in Wales

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

from the met office

Yellow Alert of Wind for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0600 Mon 23 Dec to 1200 Tue 24 Dec

Yellow Warning of Rain for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 1800 Fri 20 Dec to 1500 Sat 21 Dec
Yellow Warning of Rain for Wales : Conwy & Gwynedd valid from 1500 Fri 20 Dec to 2359 Fri 20 Dec
Edited by andymusic

Posted

Thank you

Welcome to the madhouse we love all weather here ,really dangerous roads last night with freezing rain at 11pm 7 car pile up on local bypass ,the poor council gritted just before shower.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

20 December 2013 - Met Office forecasters are expecting the current unsettled weather to continue in the run up to Christmas, with spells of heavy rain and strong winds affecting the UK at times.

Welcome to the madhouse we love all weather here ,really dangerous roads last night with freezing rain at 11pm 7 car pile up on local bypass ,the poor council gritted just before shower.

We had a heavy hail shower here just after midnight, really belting it down. Not at all surprised with iciness given the clear skies.

Hello, very interesting thread. Newbie and guest here. Im in Swansea. Wet and windy at the moment but clearing. Im hoping someone could explain (in simple terms, im very new to this) what sort of storm and or snow we can expect xmas eve? Currently my new house has only felting on it and im a tad concerned!

Which part, as local variations can make a big difference especially with the altitude changes.

• Like 1

Posted

Still no change in my opinion expect big changes in weather as HP builds from the N East and jet stream pushes further south.Watch for colder air starts push S West as xmas passes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Still no change in my opinion expect big changes in weather as HP builds from the N East and jet stream pushes further south.Watch for colder air starts push S West as xmas passes.

I like your opinion and I think that after New Years will see a pattern change (more HLB)... but tbh I dont mind this pattern we are in now because the north-westerly winds are much colder than they are normally in a zonal pattern, bringing a higher risk of snow esp for Wales, examples of this was yesterday, this coming Sunday and Christmas day!

Posted

I like your opinion and I think that after New Years will see a pattern change (more HLB)... but tbh I dont mind this pattern we are in now because the north-westerly winds are much colder than they are normally in a zonal pattern, bringing a higher risk of snow esp for Wales, examples of this was yesterday, this coming Sunday and Christmas day!

Let it snow P let the booking take a bashing one snow flake recorded in all Major Cities ,go on snow Gods you can do it!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

chance of the odd bit of wintriness sunday

Posted Image

nae's take on sunday for us

Posted Image

XMAS EVE is still looking very good for us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

storm on the 27th looks very nasty indeed

Posted Image

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy showers should develop later today and these should be organised with a possible squall line setting up. Thunder and hail likely to be associated with the showers...

Posted

Yellow Alert of Wind for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan, Torfaen, Denbighshire, Flintshire & Wrexham valid from 0900 Mon 23 Dec to 2359 Tue 24 Dec
Yellow Alert of Rain for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0900 Mon 23 Dec to 1200 Tue 24 Dec

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Thunder and hail possible this evening in asossiation with this squall line

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Plenty of Sferics over sea along the squall line not far off Pembs

Posted

Theres the squall line I was telling you about setting up! 

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Plenty of Sferics over sea along the squall line not far off Pembs

In unsettled weather I prefer days like this, so far it has been dry and bright, the squall line could give some torrential rain and some strong gusts, but after it clears, it should be OK with showers. About 4 different weather types in a day.

Thunder and hail possible this evening in asossiation with this squall line

Hadn't even thought of those.

Edited by J10

Posted

One of my twitter followers reporting thunder and torrential rain at Fishgaurd now

• Like 3

Posted

Pretty intense squally conditions here. Few rumbles of thunder, lightning.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain and fierce gusts of 52mph! Sferics over mid and SW Wales much fewer

Posted

Through soon after 5 minutes torrential downpour and one TL 3 miles to SE