Sign in to follow this  
Coast

Monday's storm - into Europe.

The storm is well and truly with us. Please continue your discussions here.

Morning, all is not over

Still risk of >70mph gusts for SE corner of Britain so Hampshire/Dorset up to Wash and all eastwards which includes London

and more heavy rain so flood risk

Really blowing up here in St Albans....gutter off and trees doing that Caribbean-palm tree thang! :o

Posted A minute ago

Sussex Police â€@sussex_police 9m

At 6.30am we'd had reports of 125 trees down across roads in Sussex. Be careful, especially on the smaller roads during #sussexstorm

Just been checking out neighbours properties from my windows. Numerous fences down, one greenhouse blown across garden, thankfully can't see any structural damage anywhere which is a relief as this storm has kept me awake almost all night by its ferocity.

Edited by coldfingers

I thought wind wasn't so intense in whitstable now or am I mistaken have we more to come Jo ?

Wow got curtains open watching thus awesome spectacle of power. One gust just rocked the house. Wind really really picking up now here in welling

What a crap storm . There is literally nothing going on in stoke . No rain or wind

Really picked up here in the last half hour, wind is getting stronger and stronger and more sustained!!

I thought wind wasn't so intense in whitstable now or am I mistaken have we more to come Jo ?

Kent's still got more to come, it is in the area as above, so watch out

What a crap storm . There is literally nothing going on in stoke . No rain or wind

You don't want this! Bins.here in London blowing across road! For sale sign just flipped out of ground!

Not quite so bad, gusts of about 60 here (Heathrow) quite a way of the 90 sky came up with last night for Heathrow.

dont suppose anythings coming up to herefordshire, touch wood its been much less windy than yesterday so far, considering what lve read so far lm thankful.

Kent's still got more to come, it is in the area as above, so watch out

Crumbs :-/ ok thanks

Morning all!! There is 40k homes are without power in the south-east right now.

Also 6k homes are out of power in the SW england.

Edited by pip22

Morning all - I hope everyone is safe :-)

We seem to be getting the worst of it here in Milton Keynes at the moment - very strong gusts and the wind is roaring !

Looks like we've missed out on the worst of the windy weather, it was more windy yesterday morning.

Perhaps things may change, we'll have to see.

We have however had a lot of rain overnight.

Edited by fourseasons

Max gust so far at Heathrow Airport is 69mph, and greater gusts may happen in the next couple of hours.

Not quite so bad, gusts of about 60 here (Heathrow) quite a way of the 90 sky came up with last night for Heathrow.

Posted Image Sky seem to have been rather OTT and become like the Express for this event. Though it's still been pretty windy here and notable, as shown by half a tree down next to the back garden (it has, or had 2 trunks that came out the ground, now it has 1)

Gusts more in line with what the Met Office were forecasting here I think. Average 45mph gust 64mph at Northolt I notice

You don't want this! Bins.here in London blowing across road! For sale sign just flipped out of ground

Bins all standing in this bit of london, cant believe how many left them in the street.

The BBC reporting so far is hilarious with reporters standing somewhere a bit blustery describing how bad it is somewhere else!