Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 3

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Central belt of Scotland is c.1.5mn people, S/SE England is c.15mn people. Hence 10 times the interest, potential damage etc etc.

Journalists will be journalists though.

This has been explained over and over, you're wasting your breath I'm afraid! Anyway, back on topic, pressure starting to tumble here...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Horrific scenes across Southern Britian as the worse storm in over 10 years hits earlier than expected;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

(Caveat: Post intended as a joke and not to be taken seriously. Not representative of my thoughts.)

Hey, that table and chairs should have been taken into the shed !!

Yes, i've seen people doing that today... always good to be prepared, no matter what happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

If the satellite imagery, this thread and everything else about this system sweeping through isn't enough to keep you occupied. 5 live have a storm show on just now.

• Like 3

Posted

Central belt of Scotland is c.1.5mn people, S/SE England is c.15mn people. Hence 10 times the interest, potential damage etc etc.Journalists will be journalists though. 

I lived in the central belt of Scotland 45 years ago. has it really increased so dramatically as to catch up with the South East?

Oh dear, so sorry Jimmy, I misread your post! Blame it on tiredness and being a pensioner please. Also I would so much love to be back on the west coast of Scotland. one of the most scenic places in the world in my view.

And now I am compounding my error by going off topic. Sorry folks!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It's going awfully quiet in here Posted Image

Posted

Horrific scenes across Southern Britian as the worse storm in over 10 years hits earlier than expected;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

(Caveat: Post intended as a joke and not to be taken seriously. Not representative of my thoughts.)

LOL, AWD. That'll be the scene tomorrow I guess. :D .

I'm gonna steel your photo and stick it in the regional SE thread. Hope you don't mind :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Heavy rain here in Alton, Hampshire.  Winds increasing in last hour.  Barometer 992.2mb. Temp 12.4C. RH 97%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

W COUNTRY CONTD Winds now markedly increased tip of Cornwall (gusts 50+mph) & similar story will spread E along southern/coastal areas later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

It's going awfully quiet in here Posted Image

Its the calm before the calm

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

On the flipside to a lot of negative posts earlier in the day (of which I may have been one of them) re downgrades....if this does come off tonight, it will put a big feather in the cap of many forecast agencies......time will tell? Its riveting!!Posted Image

Sky news really going for it...best one yet though....5 minute spiel by the presenter about the winds 'smashing' into the south etc etc...then crosses to live reporter on the coast, not enough wind to ripple his paper thin jacket!! ....awkward!!Posted Image

Needs to move to here, I have the western heights between me and the coast and it's really blowing, so I'm sure they would get some good gusts from the Shakespeare beach.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Has anyone noticed according to the radar, that the intensity of the rain has actually increased lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Brilliant!

• Like 2

Posted

If the satellite imagery, this thread and everything else about this system sweeping through isn't enough to keep you occupied. 5 live have a storm show on just now.

Multi tasking here LorenzoPosted Image

Posted

BBC televised forecasts are still showing as a severe storm from Cornwall right through to Lincolnshire. Do they know something we don't? Or are they using data from a few hours ago?

Posted

Wind starting to blow a bit here but nothing serious as yet,  for ages this evening it was totally dead calm. The pressure has started to drop over the last couple of hours. I just moved my car into the field beside the hedge I decided might be prudent not to leave it sitting under its usual giant tree tonight..Posted Image

Dogs been out for a evening walk, cat is in. The battery for the power drill is on charge just incase we have to mend any broken fences in the morning and the chainsaw and generator are topped up with fuel. Oh the joys of rural livingPosted Image  LOL  And yes I too am getting a headache...

I managed to sleep through most of the '87 storm so I might just head up to bed now and see what the morning brings.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Needs to move to here, I have the western heights between me and the coast and it's really blowing, so I'm sure they would get some good gusts from the Shakespeare beach.

I am sure this is all going to kick off overnight, just trying to stave off the boredom waiting! Sounds like its allready getting going at yours

Posted

The fact of the matter is, worst winds even for the south coast are not expected for a while yet. The media and people need to realise this.

Incidentally John H or Ian F, is there anything yet on how the genesis of the low is doing compared to the jet position? As that is what is fundamental to the intensification of this storm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Itv west country weather said possible 90mph winds in west country tonight? I thought this storm was downgraded?! It makes you wonder what they had originally thought this storm might have turned into....

Currently in Exeter is is raining moderately/heavy and wow it feels very very mild, wind is almost non existent at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Am I missing something here... the TV channels seem to be saying gusts in excess of 80mph for East Anglia. I look at the the Met Office details and it says 55mph gusts - only a difference of 25mph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

This has been explained over and over, you're wasting your breath I'm afraid! Anyway, back on topic, pressure starting to tumble here...

Apologies for the banal message.

Rain quite intense in London at the moment - have a conservatory which makes a good proxy rain gauge!

• Like 1