Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I think (Dashing through the snow In a one-horse open sleigh) Maybe more on the mark..... Ok ok Waaaay too early Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

In the Midlands for a few days, just watched the Midlands Today forecast and he said "we are looking at a very, very cold night indeed" - with temperatures on the map of just 0c! The Midlands is going soft...

Wasn't Shef was it? I think Shef is useless, never watch it now

Posted

Unlike! because its deepest FI

Such the pessimist......'A person who expects the worst'..... Puts you down to a T Posted Image  By the way if there was an (Unlike This) Button on here! Blimey You would break it Posted Image

Posted

We got down to -3.6C eventually, not quite as cold as it might have been at one point but nonetheless our coldest temperature since 7th April Posted Image

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wasn't Shef was it? I think Shef is useless, never watch it now

Nope, some bloke I didn't catch the name of. And I agree with Shef.

Posted

-2.6c or me overnight and at 4.5c for now, Grey leaded skies looks chilly out there,........ If FI verifies things could turn out quite wintry, Interesting model watching a headPosted Image

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Such the pessimist......'A person who expects the worst'..... Puts you down to a T Posted Image  By the way if there was an (Unlike This) Button on here! Blimey You would break it Posted Image

No he is just being honest..well except when he predicts a 'washout' each week!

• Like 1

Posted

Friday's front doesn't look to active to me, i'm living in hope that something interesting may fine be on the cards in 10 days time, I mean surely after the blandest 4 months of weather I can remember something eventful has to happen right..? right??? Then again we do seem to have much longer periods of mediocre conditions these days.

Posted

Accuweather....for glossop....

Gfs im guessing but from which charts?

Sat

Dec 7

2cm Snow, ice and rain at times

1°Lo 0°

more

Sun

Dec 8

Overcast with afternoon 22cm snow

1°Lo -1°

more

Mon

Dec 9

Morning snow 14cm ; clouds

2°Lo 0°

Drove from glossop at 12 noon was 3c here..... Denton 6c got to chester was 10.5c..... Tropical..... Got back here at 330pm was 4.5c.....

• Like 1

Posted

Is that a thaw overnight 8th into the 9th ... Or another 14cm on top of the 22 :) Blimey, sledge alert tee hee..

I know accuweather going a bit ott i think..... Well it did have 40-45cm of snow but i really cant see hardly any snow here from any charts....Ps when i moved in people previous left sledges in the garage..... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Accuweather....for glossop....Gfs im guessing but from which charts?SatDec 72cm Snow, ice and rain at times1°Lo 0°moreSunDec 8Overcast with afternoon 22cm snow1°Lo -1°moreMonDec 9Morning snow 14cm ; clouds2°Lo 0°Drove from glossop at 12 noon was 3c here..... Denton 6c got to chester was 10.5c..... Tropical..... Got back here at 330pm was 4.5c.....

for my location, the reality rain rain rain,

Posted

You had total of 41cm of snow laying last year!!!??? Ive moved from kent.... Nothing like that last year.... 6 inches was most.... Were some great drifts on the beach at hythe though.... (2-3ft)

Posted

You had total of 41cm of snow laying last year!!!??? Ive moved from kent.... Nothing like that last year.... 6 inches was most.... Were some great drifts on the beach at hythe though.... (2-3ft)

Yeah wasn't bad, but Glossop is 200m higher than me, mine would be pants compared to there

you mean 6 inches in total added together whole winter?

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

Yeah wasn't bad, but Glossop is 200m higher than me, mine would be pants compared to thereyou mean 6 inches in total added together whole winter?

Yep was bad in faversham ( mind you i was only 25-30metres above sea-level)..... Had total of 25cm for each of the two previous two winters.... Having said that 2000 through 2005 were almost snowless apart from a few dusting..... In 2005/2006 though had 9 inches of snow and -14c one morning... Had 11 inches of snow nov 2009 and missed my flight to denmark, where they had three feet, as roads not moving and trains cancelled here but everything working in denmark.... But last winter was good over the downs and folkestone/ hythe..... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

No he is just being honest..well except when he predicts a 'washout' each week!

Posted Image What was you saying TonyH Posted Image

Don't worry too much IrememberAtlantic252/Charlie Brown,...... You might have scenes like this soon Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Bring on the snow, lets just hope no short waves appear grrrrr, Lots of good signs last nite and this morning lets hope it continues, love snow in December. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

first 3 days of December (semi FI) look potentially very cold on ECMWF model, after fridays weak northerly, cold air arrives then cold air still as high moves over us

after that is too far in FI, but my guess is a northerly toppler Fri 6th, Sat 7th very cold, Sun 8th mild from the west

Posted

Yet another snoozefest day today to add to the ever growing list since August Posted Image , slate grey skies, no breeze, 10c and no sign of any brightness!

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear, the 12z is exactly what will probably happen re the potential cold spell in the end :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

But that's all it is 'potential' and it's at t200 hours and always has been? 

I don't see why people get enthralled by synoptics at that distance when frankly it could be the direct and exact opposite when that time period comes to fruition.

Posted

Oh dear, the 12z is exactly what will probably happen re the potential cold spell in the end Posted Image

It will be, its early Dec, most westerly time of the year, first 3 days of Dec looking unusual with high pressure in charge,