Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Guest bjaykent

Good evening all,

putting up a link to Yr.No satellite image, obviously it doesn't tell what it going to be like on Monday but it is a nice image that I often sit and compare with the fax charts, there's a link to the europa sat and the Africa sat - Quite mesmeric really. Sure I must have saved this link from a JP post at some point, so thanks JP.Posted Image

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/afrika_animasjon.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1382788800

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Well I take back my earlier comments, this really does look like it's going to be one hell of a storm and yes the wind speeds if this is anything to go by are going to be something to be concerned about !!

YIKES !!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Was looking forward to sharing nice red this eve but I mentioned to the better half that I'd told the insurance company that the 30ft noble fir tree in in our garden was at least 7 metres away from our home - turns out it's less that 6 and now she's really worried. Insurance company closed for the weekend Posted Image  fingers crossed the tree will stay where it's been for the last 30yrs.

Might open an extra bottle of red later Posted Image

A few trees here in the park have fallen past year or two. One had been hit by lightning a while back and so it was a dead tree, it just cracked and collapsed one day, wasnt even windy!.

I hope your tree stays upright, and you enjoy your possible two reds tonight!

Just ventured outside, it feels cooler than of late and a stiffening breeze.

Posted

Was suppose to be in Kent this weekend till Monday didn't fancy been in a caravan near the sea sooo cancelled Hubby not impressed :@ told me it would only be windy!!!! Am thinking of catching a flight up to Scotland asap till Tuesday Hubby now on the floor in fits of laughter!! Mmm:-P

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

So do we know a rough time scale when the storms worst will hit the south east area?

Predictions are from early hours Monday, but as ever, the caveat remains that it could change. It could speed up, it could slow down.I'd recommend staying tuned to Netweather, and or NW extra (which is well worth the subscription) and signing up for the Met office email updates too.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Predictions are from early hours Monday, but as ever, the caveat remains that it could change. It could speed up, it could slow down.I'd recommend staying tuned to Netweather, and or NW extra (which is well worth the subscription) and signing up for the Met office email updates too.

Thanks for that  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Has someone still got the link to the Newhaven harbour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Somewhere that is pretty much open to the elements and not protected by terrain like a harbour would be, places like Land's End and pretty much all along the South coast would be considered 'exposed'

Predictions are from early hours Monday, but as ever, the caveat remains that it could change. It could speed up, it could slow down.

I'd recommend staying tuned to Netweather, and or NW extra (which is well worth the subscription) and signing up for the Met office email updates too.

Reminds me of the words in the mortgage small print which when applied here could be "Please remember your pressure and wind speeds can go up as well as down during a storm"Posted Image

Well I have spent the afternoon making sure everything is tied down although still have the gazebo out there for the party tomorrow afternoon evening. It has loads of straps holding it down for tonight although maybe the frame will stay but the fabric will have gone by the morningPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm there now... Decisions decisions!

I wouldn't like to be in a caravan tomorrow / Monday, stay safe (lock in at the bar! ) or leave early?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Seriously

I thought it meant people who live at sea side

I'm 6 miles in

So wanna know if I've exposed myself lol

And if exposed and 180asl equals disasssster

Posted