Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

£9 in Morrisons for a litre currently!!!

cannot warrant the reason to make a 12 mile round trip just for that :(

unless I get two Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Taking the 3am to 6am snapshot which looks to represent when the peak winds will arrive, the NAE suggests 45mph mean wind speeds right on the coast ( at least a Force 9-10) and a storm force 10 to 11 of 50mph (or more) mean wind speed out to sea.

A short way inland this maybe decreases slightly to around a mean 35mph which is a regular gale 8-9 strength. I maybe got the 25 miles suggestion wrong - from about 30 to 40 miles further inland and especially further north and west of the region this decreases further to just an average windy type of night

Posted Image

From 6am onwards the winds rapidly decrease and move away eastwards and even on the coast as the wind veers less onshore this decrease will quickly take effect

Posted Image

So, it looks like an awful worrying few hours down here - it is not long lasting but it looks like giving a pasting to a few of us. Just have to hope that damage, power supplies etc are as unaffected as much as possible..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

cannot warrant the reason to make a 12 mile round trip just for that :(

unless I get two Posted Image

Smart thinking batman

• Like 2

Posted

Just been out to put some rubbish in the bin and it is already quite blowy out there.  Regards the coming storm think our bigger issue here will be the rain more so that the wind, that said both will be quite significant.

Posted

I know some people are saying this is likely to be a normal autumn storm, for some areas, but I can't recall us having a storm at this time of year since 2000. That's 13 years back. I think, even if this does downgrade, and we have gales gusting to 40mph, there is still a risk of damage. Especially as we've not had a storm during this time of year with saturated ground and trees still in leaf.

I guess everyone should still be cautious when travelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

£9 in Morrisons for a litre currently!!!

There is a few  recipes on the internet,using irish whiskey, cream and condensed milk.

Works out about half the price once you buy the glass storage bottles, might have a go myself at christmasPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

morning alllllll

well as i said the uthere day ,nice and ready now hopefully there will be not to much damage spent yesterday afternoon clearing loading bays of crap so nothing flys around just in case ,flood boading up just in case beverly brooke has 1 of its moments ,plenty of tea and biscutes to sink a ship ,.......and booze(dont say that to loud).so ready i think,

This morning it is quiet breezey already ,blue sky ,even the cat said sod this iam staying fun she went out side look around sat on the fence ,guste of wind came along rattle the fence that the cat was sitting ,she wobble looked at me, then jumped for the cat flap stright in ,in front of the fire ,then demands lunch and she only just had brekey the life of cats lolol,take care evey 1 and hold on to your hats or you want be able to open doors remeber dont turn the handle left thats for them,..............................Posted Image Posted Image be safe every 1

Smart thinking batman

gooood thinking

• Like 1

Posted

There is a few  recipes on the internet,using irish whiskey, cream and condensed milk.

Works out about half the price once you buy the glass storage bottles, might have a go myself at christmasPosted Image

Friend of mine makes her own too, gave me a bottle last year after I fixed their laptop, may ask for some this year and just hand over some dosh.

also noticed that asda own brand is £7.50 for 1lt...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Pretty windy with some noticeable gusts already around on south and west coasts ahead of the low today.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxg

There have been several blustery showers blowing through this morning and in these the wind must be gusting to at least 50mph I would think.  The best thing it could do is shake a few more leaves off the trees before tonight.

This time tomorrow it will be all over here..good riddance!

Not looking forward at all to these METO warning updatesPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 4

Posted

There have been several blustery showers blowing through this morning and in these the wind must be gusting to at least 50mph I would think.  The best thing it could do is shake a few more leaves off the trees before tonight.

yep i hear you ,be nice to get it over and done with,

• Like 1

Posted

yep i hear you ,be nice to get it over and done with,

ready for the next one, looking at the GFS it appears we are in for a wet and windy week all told, next weekend looks like it could be a bit of a damp squib for any firework show goers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Eastern parts of our region could see the highest gusts, 90+..

expect to see red warnings for this area later today..

I don't think there will be any red warnings not after the system being forecast to be higher pressure, more shallow and less tight on the isobars meaning less wind.

Posted

ready for the next one, looking at the GFS it appears we are in for a wet and windy week all told, next weekend looks like it could be a bit of a damp squib for any firework show goers.

haha dont mate we where just talking about that ,a nice week all n all coming up ohhh weelllll whot fun.........Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I don't think there will be any red warnings not after the system being forecast to be higher pressure, more shallow and less tight on the isobars meaning less wind.

Even Michael Fish on his latest report on the storm is saying the METO my issue red warnings for the East and SE of our region..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

It's already very windy out here, to my surprise i've already lost a fence panel !

Going to get out there after i've watched my recording of the Indian F1 race and fix it if I can, or lay it down completely.

I still think this will be a storm to remember for my location right on the south coast of Peacehaven, exciting times ahead :) 

Guest bjaykent

Not looking forward at all to these METO warning updatesPosted Image

Hi Tams,

same here, can't wait for it to be gone, biggest gusts in my area will be as the low moves out into the north sea and the winds shift slightly from south to south-west in the early hours, but don't look too concerning unless the low deepens more than the current forecast.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/gravesend

After that I will be off into hibernation again until the cold arrives hopefully mid Novemberish?

Ian

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lottiekent nice to see a neighbour back

Looks like we will get this regardless owing to location

And was very windy 00-6am today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hello all, 1st post since beginning of the year.  Ive just noticed how at 3am tomorrow the temp will be around 16 degrees,  My daughter works in Turkey and its down to 9 degrees overnight.  Sun is out here and its great day for the washing, blowing around but needing double pegging lol.

Posted

Hello all, 1st post since beginning of the year.  Ive just noticed how at 3am tomorrow the temp will be around 16 degrees,  My daughter works in Turkey and its down to 9 degrees overnight.  Sun is out here and its great day for the washing, blowing around but needing double pegging lol.

hi essex chelle .welcome, i hear you about the washing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

http://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_prognosis/PPVE89.gif?31415Current fax chart for 06 monday amNot looking great

John can you explain this to me please, not looking great as in its not going to be a bad one, or not looking great as in it is? I dont understand the map other than isobars tighter means stronger winds - my dad taught me this years ago lol.  Cheers 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Even Michael Fish on his latest report on the storm is saying the METO my issue red warnings for the East and SE of our region..

Going to put my neck on the line and suggest the update coming out shortly will have only amber and it will be moved further South and East so covering extreme south UK and maybe up into East Anglia.