Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe storm Monday 28th October 2013 Part 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's still an open invitation to anyone who is intercepting some of the strongest winds, i'll be heading to Worth Matravers. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

There's still an open invitation to anyone who is intercepting some of the strongest winds, i'll be heading to Worth Matravers. Posted Image

You can always take shelter in the best pub in the world;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

London & South East England latest text forecast from the met

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Potentially damaging winds and heavy rain for a time Monday, with squally showers following.

Tuesday, sunny spells and showers with winds easing but feeling colder.

Wednesday, further rain at times.

UK wide outlook

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Rain and damaging winds continuing to move northeast across southern parts on Monday.

Remaining generally unsettled and colder Tuesday and Wednesday with strong winds, showers and longer spells of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The guy appears to be a troll. Not everyone has a say on what street furniture exists next to their homes or what their neighbours put on their land.

Lesson with trolls - don't feed them.

I think its time the mods stepped in and got this thread back on track.

Might want to have a look at my post a few mins ago....Posted Image

So, once again for the few members that either dont or dont want to understand simple English, ....p-l-e-a-s-e k-e-e-p  i-t  o-n  t-o-p-i-c  a-n-d  f-r-i-e-n-d-l-y......

(I even spelt it out for you Posted Image )

cheers! Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted

You can always take shelter in the best pub in the world;)

I'll have a nice Old Rosie cider in the square and compass. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

have reported a few recent posts.....Can some members at least try and post something actually remotely factual instead of either utterly incorrect and/or imflammatory posts.....as busy as this thread is and will be, let's try and keep things on-topic and friendly....thanks! Posted Image

The guy appears to be a troll. Not everyone has a say on what street furniture exists next to their homes or what their neighbours put on their land.

Lesson with trolls - don't feed them.

I think its time the mods stepped in and got this thread back on track.

believe me we are trying !
  • Like 5

Posted

I know it's really difficult to predict but can somebody say if Shrewsbury is going to be in the calm of the storm, or could we see,some high winds and strong gusts...I'm off work on Monday and toyed with the idea of going by train to Cardiff bay and stop in st David's hotel to watch the storm, but I'm worried about not being able to get home Monday afternoon..we're all watching excitedly but please people be sensible and stay safe..

I'm wondering the same thing as I've some travelling to do Monday morning , more likely to have a wet one but avoid the full the force .

• Like 1

Posted

Ian Fergusson mentioned a tightening of the isobars in the western flank of the low as it moves through, and talk of it being an issue across Somerset/Dorset (and a few others i've forgotten .. Is this what they are concerned with?NMM 6KM win gusts, note the lighter patches in the red? I'm wondering if their hi-res models are showing the same thing? Maybe slightly further North by a few miles?post-15177-0-81332900-1382809554_thumb.p post-15177-0-09086000-1382809561_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Ian Fergusson mentioned a tightening of the isobars in the western flank of the low as it moves through, and talk of it being an issue across Somerset/Dorset (and a few others i've forgotten .. Is this what they are concerned with?

NMM 6KM win gusts, note the lighter patches in the red? I'm wondering if their hi-res models are showing the same thing? Maybe slightly further North by a few miles?

Posted Imagenmm14.png Posted Imagenmm12.png

By the looks of things the strongest winds do seem to curve round the low.

Posted

Really hoping for the whole thing to take a drastic shift North! Not had a good day of gales around here for a long while and seems as my neighbour is reluctant to chop down his 40ft Conifer trees, This storm could be a blessing! Posted Image

However by the looks of its current predicted track, Monday will most likely be a rainy affair for us Derbyshire folk. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Really hoping for the whole thing to take a drastic shift North! Not had a good day of gales around here for a long while and seems as my neighbour is reluctant to chop down his 40ft Conifer trees, This storm could be a blessing! Posted Image

However by the looks of its current predicted track, Monday will most likely be a rainy affair for us Derbyshire folk. 

Yep, last night it looked like further N and W could be affected by a secondary batch of severe gales. Doesn't look as likely this evening! Damn. Not had a decent storm here in what seems like an eternity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok peeps....several reminders now to keep things on topic and friendly.....some of you are taking the proverbial......off-topic disagreements and squabble can be sorted out by using the private message facility, or there's the option to report posts that contains info against forum guidelines, and lastly there is an 'ignore' facility that makes the ignored user's posts invisible, so please, in the interest of the forums sanity, think before posting  .....thanks everso.....Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: really cold or really hot ! extremes

Don't stop posting â˜ºï¸ I've had rude posters to me too because I'm not am expert or said something they didn't agree with but most people are friendly here 😉 so head up, keep the interest and you will learn more.This is a thread to discuss weather blah blah blah it's not necessarily just a place to discuss tohe science behind it, I'm still learning that side, if people can't be patient, sod them...

Thank you for your reply 😊, terrified of being jumped on ! Lol , I'll hibernate for a while and then post in the regional thread where it seems friendly 😊, thanks for your comments x
  • Like 6

Posted

Thank you for your reply , terrified of being jumped on ! Lol , I'll hibernate for a while and then post in the regional thread where it seems friendly , thanks for your comments x

don't be silly! keep posting- especially as you have a front row seat to this storm!

if anyone jumps on you, this knight will come to the aid of a damsel in distress!

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

This storm is looking nasty, I am hoping it will bugger off south into France but I fear the south are gonna get hammered. 

Take care everyone Sun/Mon, high winds are VERY dangerous to be out in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

I think where I am is one of the areas that could get the strongest winds,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Would we be expecting lighting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

This is likely to be quite severe, best not to underestimate so use tomorrow to prepare and in the event of power loss (quite likely) be sure you have torches etc  don't use candles; please everyone stay safe...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Getting a Tad worried here now on the Isle of Wight..Could i say i need to batten down my hatches or is it still to early and could it track furher south like some have been saying..Some updates and information on this Low would be very very much appreciated guys.

Posted

Would we be expecting lighting?

not if we get power cuts lol Posted Image

i assume you mean lightning, in which case its possible but there are thundery showers forecast for tomorrow morning, so you never know... Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Getting a Tad worried here now on the Isle of Wight..Could i say i need to batten down my hatches or is it still to early and could it track furher south like some have been saying..Some updates and information on this Low would be very very much appreciated guys.

Hello Tom!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Too far north here for gales but rain will probably be the issue come Monday.