Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yellow warning issued from the Met Office for parts of SW England;

http://bit.ly/19dEAjD

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

All these posts from Devon put my 5mm for the last 24 hours into perspective!  We've had no rain since 10.00 this morning, but there's a small area heading this way now.  It's still 15.5C out there right now and humidity at 78%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Have just hit 50mm of rainfall since midnight here. Current temperature is 16.5C.

Guest William Grimsley

Yesterday, was a very eventful day. It was breezy, wet and there was 1 thunderstorm with 3 rumbles within 5 miles of, here. High Wind Gust Yesterday: 24 mph 22:04 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 14 mph 20:29 High Rainfall Rate Yesterday: 8.6 mm/hr 09:01 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rainfall Yesterday: 13.8 mm.

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

Has anybody seen the cell over the channel heading along the S Coast? Hopefully, that will make it and sustain it's energy. What is today's likelihood of thunderstorms? I have a feeling that nothing much will happen, here.

EDIT: The cell has died. Maybe something will rattle along the S Coast, today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Afternoon all! Currently cloudy and 17C

It looks likely there's more chances forheavy showers this week.  Cold ELT's begin to move in to the South West on Tues/Weds, so any shower development may contain hail and therefor a chance of thunder again, we shall see!

Guest William Grimsley

Afternoon all! Currently cloudy and 17C

It looks likely there's more chances forheavy showers this week.  Cold ELT's begin to move in to the South West on Tues/Weds, so any shower development may contain hail and therefor a chance of thunder again, we shall see!

Bring it on! Tuesday and Thursday are looking like being very showery. As you said, some of these showers are likely to be heavy with hail/thunder mixed in, here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just for fun; The BBC and Met Office location forecast has the lightning symbol for my area onTuesday, i haven't seen that for years! It didn't even appear during those storms back in July and August (And they were correct :lol:)

• Like 1

Posted

Decent earlier. Cloudy now, but warm enough. It's Beer O'clock.

edit - brighter now. :)

Edited by jtay

Guest William Grimsley

It has been a much quieter day. After a light shower at 00:10, it has been breezy and mild today, here. High Wind Gust Today: 15 mph 05:36 High Wind Speed Today: 7 mph 05:30 High Temperature Today: 16.5°C 12:35.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Overhead Cloud. 13.9c. Dry underfoot. Easterly Breeze 8.6 km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Very dull, grey and damp again today, constant drizzle and not that warm. Currently 15.7C here.

Here's hoping for some more thundery activity this week.

Posted

I had hopes for today when first light revealed some small breaks in medium level cloud. Those hopes were dashed by 08.00 when low cloud developed and since then it's been grim, dull and drizzly at times with a fresh SSE breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

Overhead cloud.  Damp .Misty in parts. Humidity 94%. Temperature 15.9c.

Guest William Grimsley

After drizzle this morning, it has been cloudy and mild today, here. High Rainfall Rate Today: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rainfall Today: 0.2 mm High Temperature Today: 16.9°C 14:12.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

A very grey and misty morning but remaining calm and mild.

current emp 14.8°C rising

min overnight 13.9°C

pressure 1005.6mb rising 0.1mb/hr

RH 92%

dew point 13.5°C

wind 4.1mph NNE

gust 4.8mph NE

visibility  5 miles

Posted

That thin line of showers heading NW from the New Forest between 7.30 and 9am, resulted in me getting absolutely soaked.

Could cleary see the edges to the east and west, as it all passed directly overhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick heads up for members in Cornwall...Some very heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms making landfall on the south Cornish coast, spreading into the rest of Cornwall and parts of Devon over the next few hours

Posted

a quick heads up for members in Cornwall...Some very heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms making landfall on the south Cornish coast, spreading into the rest of Cornwall and parts of Devon over the next few hours

Meto issued a yellow alert at 10.57 which quite amused me because this pulse of rain had been showing on the radar for a  little while. I thought  rain would already have been falling in the extreme SW . Perhaps it caught them off guard as day shift took over? Anyone down Truro way know when the rain actually started?

More significantly however is that Meto have now issued a general alert for the whole of the south coast for Thursday

Guest William Grimsley

More significantly however is that Meto have now issued a general alert for the whole of the south coast for Thursday

Yeah, Thursday is going to be a wet day.

Posted

That thin line of showers heading NW from the New Forest between 7.30 and 9am, resulted in me getting absolutely soaked.Could cleary see the edges to the east and west, as it all passed directly overhead.

I was very glad it aligned where it did as the drizzly edge affected where I was working but it looked extremely dark just to the East. Have just reviewed the radar and I was very lucky!

Posted

Just had a look at Thursday Midday nasty weather that...

Dry here with some brightness. 16.7c .Humidity dropped  to 89%...