Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thick fog here in Falmouth & Penryn since late this afternoon. Drizzle at times too. Quite often the visibility improves and worsens very fast, awkward for driving earlier, flicking between dipped/full headlights etc often. Warm and muggy though but sadly it seems the fog is going to cling to the S coast.

Why is it clinging to SW Cornwall so much and not elsewhere along the S Coast as such?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Low cloud and drizzle here to start the day.

Not what I was expecting, although admittedly I haven't been looking at model output & forecasts lately.

Hope it clears soon as I was under the impression today was going to be one of the, if not the best, days of this warmer spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Low cloud and drizzle here to start the day.Not what I was expecting, although admittedly I haven't been looking at model output & forecasts lately.Hope it clears soon as I was under the impression today was going to be one of the, if not the best, days of this warmer spell.

Yes.

Its not been a very good start so far has it?

Posted

Yes.

Its not been a very good start so far has it?

Just been listening to radio 5live ......forecaster on there has just said that central southern England could stay gloomy for most of the day.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Thick fog here in Falmouth & Penryn since late this afternoon. Drizzle at times too. Quite often the visibility improves and worsens very fast, awkward for driving earlier, flicking between dipped/full headlights etc often. Warm and muggy though but sadly it seems the fog is going to cling to the S coast.

Why is it clinging to SW Cornwall so much and not elsewhere along the S Coast as such?

Trust me, it is. lol

It was drizzling all day on Saturday, yesterday was overcast all day until the drizzle returned last night and today is overcast with some drizzle in the air once again. I have to go back to May i think, to find three consecutive days that were overcast and drizzly. It really has been slit-your-wrist weather!

Currently, it is 17.5C

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

I can think of no worse weather than this! The pressure is high yet we're getting more rain via the drizzle (nearly 2mm in m gauge from overnight & this morning) than sometimes under low pressure when rain bands whizz through and showers avoid the area leaving bright sunshine instead!

I had really hoped today would be warm (very warm!) and sunny allowing for doors/windows open, sitting out after work and drying washing on the line. Instead there's just 2 windows slightly open, no way am I sitting out and the tumble drier is in use!

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

It was a warm and breezy day yesterday, here. High Temperature Yesterday: 19.9°C 13:10 High Wind Gust Yesterday: 10 mph 22:46 High Wind Speed Yesterday: 4 mph 23:10.

Guest William Grimsley

After drizzle this morning, it has been a mild and breezy day today, here. Rainfall Today: 0.2 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Temperature Today: 17.3°C 15:49 High Wind Gust Today: 17 mph 15:07 High Wind Speed Today: 7 mph 15:05.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

3rd day in a row we've had grey skies, no sun.

So much for the warm, sunny weather being predicted last week for the weekend just gone and early part of this week.

Roll on Autumn proper.

Posted

Sun finally emerged at 4pm .....now clear blue sky!.... (a couple of hours of weak sunshine rather than the scorcher I had been promised just a few days ago)

Anyone looking forward to the fog tomorrow morning??

Posted

Sun finally emerged at 4pm .....now clear blue sky!.... (a couple of hours of weak sunshine rather than the scorcher I had been promised just a few days ago)

Anyone looking forward to the fog tomorrow morning??

No! But at least with fog there is generally clear sky above so the sun can burn through from mid morning onwards!

A shame the drier, clearer air couldn't have arrived 4 or 5 hours earlier but now a beautiful late afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Sky is just clearing on what has been another pants cloudy day all day. quite wet this morning too.

mild though at around 16c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Sky is just clearing on what has been another pants cloudy day all day. quite wet this morning too. mild though at around 16c

Roll on Winter
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Brighter. Clearer on the hillcrest.. Foggy in the valley.16.4c.Humidity 98%.

Guest William Grimsley

It has been foggy/drizzly and warm today, here. Rainfall Today: 0.2 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 0.0 mm/hr 00:00 High Temperature Today: 20.2°C 15:22.

Misty start but the cloud broke up to give blue skies, warm sunshine and some nice Cirrus clouds. 

Temp currenetly at 18.6C Posted Image

Yes, there is some lovely cirrus clouds and altocumulus clouds, here. :D

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

There is a small band of rain moving into W and S Devon, now. It's nothing much. But, there is a heavy bit of rain S of Plymouth heading this way, here.