Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted

Ok. :DI can't say for next weekend yet but for this weekend I can. This weekend it is going to only rain on Sunday.

Good lad. Romsey show this Saturday. Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It looks like it's going to be a wet afternoon, here. The rain is needed, here. Posted Image

your obsession with heavy rain is bizarre William! Posted Image

rain showing up on radar over Wales and the west country heading this way this morning (should be a nice pleasant drive up the M5 for me shortly, not!) and then this afternoon/evening looks like a soaker for pretty much all of us ensuring that friday is a pretty miserable day Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

1.2mm from yesterday's rain and 2mm  so far today from this pre-frontal rain.

I see the NAE is showing the possibility of 20 - 25mm of rain falling in some Southern counties  by midnight, the GFS lowers the totals as you move West, with higher ones in the South East. Should be fun to monitor. :)

Posted

Judging by the radar I've a feeling that there could be as much rain, and possibly more, in the next 12 hours (just starting to rain) as in the 27 days since Saturday 17th August. In those 4 weeks there has been just 16mm!

Edited by Andy Bown

Guest William Grimsley

Judging by the radar I've a feeling that there could be as much rain, and possibly more, in the next 12 hours (just starting to rain) as in the 27 days since Saturday 17th August. In those 4 weeks there has been just 16mm!

Yeah, today could see the most rainfall in a day since 14/05/2013. Rainfall 14/05/2013: 13.2 mm. Posted Image

It is light rain, here. Rainfall Rate: 1.0 mm/hr Rainfall Last Hour: 0.4 mm Rainfall Today: 2.0 mm High Rainfall Rate Today: 6.8 mm/hr 08:44. Posted Image

the GFS lowers the totals as you move West, with higher ones in the South East. Should be fun to monitor. Posted Image

What? Lower further W? That seems odd.

Edited by William Grimsley
merging posts....the server's just canne keep up with you William!

Posted

The GFS is progging a large-ish area of strong PVA/Vortmax lobe around the South East, so the rain may pep up from around the IOW across to East Anglia as the front moves across, it will depend if the front engages with it in time though, that's why some precip models have put higher totals around those areas.

Edited by Mapantz

Guest William Grimsley

The GFS is progging a large-ish area of strong PVA/Vortmax lobe around the South East, so the rain may pep up from around the IOW across to East Anglia as the front moves across, it will depend if the front engages with it in time though, that's why some precip models have put higher totals around those areas.

I think there should be a decent rainfall amount though, here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think there should be a decent rainfall amount though, here?

Well I have just come in from work outside and I can confirm it is very moist outside Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

piddling down currently.........not a lot else to add to be honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The wettest day for a long time here today. Persistent moderate rainfall for the past few hours.

The next 5 days or so aren't looking much better either. I reckon inbetween now and this time next week, a lot of us will have reached our average monthly rainfall totals already.

• Like 1

Posted

The wettest day for a long time here today. Persistent moderate rainfall for the past few hours.The next 5 days or so aren't looking much better either. I reckon inbetween now and this time next week, a lot of us will have reached our average monthly rainfall totals already.

Yeah - Just had a look ahead, the ECM and UKMO show a developing shortwave on Tuesday from the large low pressure that will effect most of us on Sunday/Monday, this could bring a batch of quite heavy rain with it. The GFS does it's usual trick of beefing it up, bringing gales to the Southern half of the UK. 

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Well I have just come in from work outside and I can confirm it is very moist outside Posted Image

:rofl:

It is moderate rain, here. Rainfall Rate: 4.4 mm/hr Rainfall Last Hour: 1.0 mm Rainfall Today: 3.2 mm. :D

The wettest day for a long time here today. Persistent moderate rainfall for the past few hours.

The same story too, here.

Posted

The BBC and MO have this heavy rain until around 11pm here, going by the radar, i can't see it. I think it'll be dry by the time i head down to the pub! Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Mapantz, on 13 Sept 2013 - 19:31, said:

The BBC and MO have this heavy rain until around 11pm here, going by the radar, i can't see it. I think it'll be dry by the time i head down to the pub! Posted Image

Definitely for me!

Well, it has been a rainy evening and it is light rain, here. Rainfall Rate: 1.6 mm/hr Rainfall Last Hour: 0.4 mm Rainfall Today: 4.8 mm. Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

11mm here but it's now heavy drizzle.  It shouldn't be too long before it clears, then a dry walk to the pub! Posted Image

28mm for the month, 576mm for the year.

PS: It's quite breezy here at the moment. 

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

5.8mm here today so not that much in comparison.. seems much went north of here as this system was further north than forecast earlier/yesterday like many of these type of systems seem to for some reason.

Seems very hard to get decent falls of rain recently, highest daily total all summer was 8mm and nothing over 10mm since 14th May, even seen trees showing presumed drought stress in some places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

17.6mm here, I wasn't anticipating for there to be this much rain.

Me neither.. Still pouring in Newbury and has been since 7pm...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A hearty 17.4mm here making it the wettest day since May 28th so the wettest day since I came back from Spain on June 09th.