Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 28/08/13 00z ------------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes not too bad here actually in Falmouth with sunny spells. Just a couple of showers earlier.

Guest William Grimsley

There were 2 showers when I was in Dartington at lunchtime which were moderate and 1 is now sat on top of here. I'm waiting for it to get heavier or even produce thunder! Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

I was watching that stuff on radar too, a couple showers formed over south Devon recently gradually moving this way which I can see to the SW now.

My station is recording a dewpoint of 6-7c, and Exeter Airport 4c, odd to have the best convective potential for a while with the driest air for ages here..

Dry air? :rofl:

It's very black to the SW, WSW, W, WNW and NW of here. A few showers are getting going to the SW of here but nothing for here, at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

There were 2 showers when I was in Dartington at lunchtime which were moderate and 1 is now sat on top of here. I'm waiting for it to get heavier or even produce thunder! Posted Image

unlikely in your location Will......chance of the odd pulse type thundery shower on the north and west coasts of devon and cornwall, lighter showers elsewhere with east of devon and cornwall predominately dry........as was forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very very nasty downpour here. Thunderstorm just out at sea a little near Lizard point.

Edited by Blizzards

Guest William Grimsley

Very very nasty downpour here. Thunderstorm just out at sea a little near Lizard point.

Lovely. I can see that very clearly on the radar.

A line of clouds (1 or 2 giving intense downpours) are moving this way and look very threatening. :D

Posted

Thunder and lightning in Falmouth and Penryn now. :D

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Thunder and lightning in Falmouth and Penryn now. Posted Image

I wish. Posted Image

There is some lovely cumulus congestus clouds in a line to the S and SSW of here going up fast! Posted Image

Edited by shuggee

Posted

Mental conditions here. Extremely heavy rain for over 15 mins now, hail thrown in and the odd flash and rumble to boot. Just driven up the very steep old hill in Falmouth. Serious river like

Conditions there.

Guest William Grimsley

A line of cumulus castellanus clouds has now formed to the N of the cumulus congestus clouds producing heavy rain. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

One hell of a shower just developed overhead, here! The drops were the biggest I've ever seen! They were splatting onto the ground at the size of £2 coins! Rainfall Today: 0.8 mm. :D

• Like 1

Posted

The fire service are pumping water off the moor in Falmouth due to

Flooding apparently. Now passed over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can't believe how light the ppn on the radar is just south of here as the skies are jet black and very thundery looking!

Guest William Grimsley

There are very black skies to the S of here now as an approaching heavy shower is moving in. This looks like it might have the potential to produce thunder. There are lots of cumulus congestus clouds and cumulonimbus clouds around, too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Distant thunder can be heard here at the moment, not yet raining.

Edited by George

Guest William Grimsley

There were 4 flashes of lightning and 4 rumbles of thunder to the S of here about 20 minutes ago! :D

Yay, thunder coming closer

I was getting excited now it's stopped. :(

Guest William Grimsley

Not so fast William, just seen a flash

Yup!

1 more flash of lightning and 1 more rumble of thunder to the S of here 10 minutes ago! :D

Posted

Pouring in Falmouth again now. Radar shows a band of heavy but very slow moving rain beginning to pass over. Not as torrential as over but a prolonged spell now beginning.

Posted

Quite a surprise at around 19.15 when we were eating dinner. We'd just watched Ian's forecast which spoke of some heavy showers but no mention of anything thundery when a sudden downpour including quite large hail was followed by a close flash of lightning and deep booming thunder. It was a one off flash and bang and the sky cleared quickly thereafter. There was also more rain in 10 minutes than fell overnight/early this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hell of a hail storm!

Pictures courtesy of twitter friends :-)

post-15543-0-22258900-1378501718_thumb.j

post-15543-0-08912400-1378501771_thumb.j

Edited by Mark Neal.
  • Like 5