Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 3rd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Out of no disrespect your post made me lol ...Quote "Terribly exciting" What that the temp shot up by 1c from 16c to 17c about 5-6pm then back down by 1c,

And that's Terribly exciting Posted Image Can't wait to see what you say when we have 6" of snow .....Posted Image

Have you heard of irony? If not look it up in the dictionary!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Lol. 6" of snow exciting. Exciting is 15ft drifts and blizzards, that was this past March in the Peak District :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Have you heard of irony? If not look it up in the dictionary!

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning or an expression.......or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast.

err... methinks you were the second one.... Now that was exciting Posted Image

Anyway didn't mean to cause offence Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Horrible night's sleep, one of the worst of the 'summer'. Hot, humid lots of sudden torrential bursts of rain on the conservatory roof that kept me awake.

Over the weekend the temps at night should be down to a much more bearable 5-6'c, but the days will still be warm.  

Posted

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning or an expression.......or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast.

err... methinks you were the second one.... Now that was exciting Posted Image

Anyway didn't mean to cause offence Posted ImagePosted Image

None taken. Any snow is exciting, more is better!

Posted

Oh what a surprise, cloudzilla has suddenly appeared on the charts for Sunday now to Posted Image  really is a joke our climate, WHY can't we get ONE sunny day, even last Sunday was grey till half 12!

Posted Image

Posted

None taken. Any snow is exciting, more is better!

Another coldie....Can't be bad Posted Image... I look forward to reading your posts when we have 2ft of it then (If only) Posted Image

Oh what a surprise, cloudzilla has suddenly appeared on the charts for Sunday now to Posted Image  really is a joke our climate, WHY can't we get ONE sunny day, even last Sunday was grey till half 12!

Posted Image

Yes crap here too! Your not the only one Posted Image Looks like it's going to hammer it down here though Posted Image

Oh ! just as i say that the skies have opened up Posted Image

Posted

I'm honestly so fed up with the current setup now, constantly looks decent on the face of it be it sunny warm days or convective thundery possibilities like this week and then in reality we can get the past 3 weeks, I was excited at the prospect of such warm charts thinking we were in for a pretty special late September/first half of October with consistent 17-21c sunny days, always seem to downgrade last minute from high pressure being right over us to WSW winds over the top of the high feeding in the gloom here.

Rant over :lol:

Posted

Finally the first signs of brightness all week here appearing now, quite a number of showers this afternoon driven in on a surprisingly gusty WSW wind although brief and nothing particularly heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

*sees some patches of blue sky outside now* So long cloudzilla. And don't come back! (unless you bring thunder and some proper extremely torrential rain with you next time). Posted Image

Posted

Ironically today is the brightest it's been all week, slightly fresher last night with a low of 12.5c.

As you can see, there's actually a few dots of blue in the sheet :lol:

post-2546-0-97001600-1380973164_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The other way around here. It has been warm with plenty of sunshine up to about an hour ago but has now clouded up considerably.

Posted

Stayed miserable & grey yesterday, felt much chillier to which shows how mild it's been.

Hazy sunshine this morning with little in the way of low cloud to ruin things, got quite cool last night under clearer skies, low of 7.0c, currently 13.4c.

Posted

Hi everyone! Posted Image

Sorry for not posting the past few weeks. Unfortunately my poor old Dad suddenly became very ill at the end of August, and for a few days I thought I was about to lose him altogether. Thankfully he seems to be on the mend now and, fingers crossed, he will be discharged from hospital very soon. Despite being a self-confessed weather geek, for the past month or so the weather has been the last thing on my mind.

So then, have I missed anything exciting? Is it still cloudy in Telford? Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Bish Posted Image Glad to hear from you....... Sorry to hear about your father Posted Image  I wish him well......Regarding missing anything exciting! well just one answer to that, One big fat ((((yawn))))

Just dull dull dull that was september but hopefully things are looking up this week with a northerly coming towards the end of this week Posted Image

Its still along way off yet! But all the talk atm is this winter is looking promising for us coldiesPosted Image

Winter 2013/2014 Forecasts/Hopes/Discussion Thread .....as being quite good for this..... 100+ pages so far... Much better that the Model Thread MethinksPosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated Posted Image

It's funny, when I was last posting regularly back in August, Isolated Frost had just started up his 'Snow and Ice in the Northern Hemisphere' thread and there was barely a white pixel to be found, whereas now almost half of Siberia already seems to be under snow! Posted Image

lol at the Winter 2013/2014 thread already passing a hundred pages, amazing stuff

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

27c today.....lovely.....

In mijas southern spain.....:)

Its 20c in somerset....where i am atm

17c tomorrow....in the high peak then max 11c, 7-8c brrrrrrr esp in wind....,heating on thursday onwards..... :) bring on my first winter in peak district.... Probably saying that will be no recorded snow and 10c above average..... Hope its the other way..... 10c below average and 10 foot of snow......;)

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Here, for the last 20 mintues or so, we have light-moderate drizzly showers and simultaneous sunshine resulting in a persistent weak rainbow to the west.

• Like 2

Posted

I am glad to read that your Dad is on the mend Bish, I'm sure you have must have found it very stressful.

Temperature down to 6.8C now.

• Like 1

Posted

Slightly disappointed that we had no frost. Minimum of 4.7C. I think the wind was the spoiler. Still, many things in the garden get to live another day!