Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Lightning to our sw here. Boyfriend was sat outside and strangest thing happened, I heard a rush and whoosh sound, i was sat indoors. Was a very heavy burst of fat rain drops for a few seconds, was so brief! Left rain drop marks on patio.

Most odd !

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightning to our sw here. Boyfriend was sat outside and strangest thing happened, I heard a rush and whoosh sound, i was sat indoors. Was a very heavy burst of fat rain drops for a few seconds, was so brief! Left rain drop marks on patio.Most odd !

Had that too. A very intense burst of rain that lasted about 1 second then "normal" rain.

• Like 1

Heavy ish rain here now, a few rumbles and lightning. Can't tell what type as we live in a park and surrounded by trees. So sky obscured.

Cells firing all over the Channel maybe the met taking down thier warnings did us good ;)

channel storms will sweep up towards SE London & NW kent

Add west London to that too ;)
  • Like 1

Nice little storm just passed through here in SE25 heading towards E London and Essex now:

post-1052-0-46682700-1375485875_thumb.pn

Much Lightning Nick?

Casting my eyes out that way from greenhithe- didn't see much flashes- although its a good 10-15 miles

S

Much Lightning Nick?

Casting my eyes out that way from greenhithe- didn't see much flashes- although its a good 10-15 miles

S

Not particularly frequent, but a few close cgs, storm moved through pretty swiftly.

What passed this morning. So pleased to have seen this!

Fantastic photos!

Feeling a bit peeved myself, as I've heard that the cloud structures were superb where I live, but unfortunately I wasn't there and had to observe the storm from a truly lousy location and could do nothing about it! :(

• Like 1

got alarms going off now

that rain overloaded my gutters and made the bedroom window leak

looking at the radar got a feeling things are starting to shift and we may have to start looking south west to west

feels like it has got warmer now as well