Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Think Devon & Cornwall will escape for the most part of daylight time. Hampshire and Wiltshire/Dorset could be a more reasonable proposition.

I agree. The 5 min radar doesn't indicate anything will make it towards Devon. It's gone dark-ish here now, like a downpour is imminent, but we shall see, the shield usually holds strong here. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's sunny and warm at Newton Poppleford Weather, now. The temperature has risen by 2.1°C in 65 minutes from 18.1°C to 20.2°C Posted Image

I'm hoping for some showers, now. Posted Image

where ?  Posted Image

Im currently on holiday on The Isle of Wight. Got caught out in a massive down pour and had to shelter under a tree. First time in my life I have prayed it wouldn't thunder!

Hope your having a good time SR Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

How far west they get will be interesting. Think Devon & Cornwall will escape for the most part of daylight time. Hampshire and Wiltshire/Dorset could be a more reasonable proposition.

Even if I only see some good clouds, I'll be happy. But, looking at the recent radar image, it's going to take maybe a couple of hours for the showers to reach Devon. :(

where ?  Posted Image

Where?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You gotta be kidding me man! I'm like 1 or 2 miles away from that shower over Reading and it's taking a diversion!

I blame the highway agency

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

behave Ali Posted Image

• Like 2

Guest William Grimsley

On the satellite images, the showers look nice and moving rather quickly, but on the radar they look small and mainly light with only 1 or 2 of them being heavy/torrential. I'm just wondering if anything will develop over Dorset/Devon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Thunderous clouds, flash of lightning, no thunder though, muggy and its started to rain here....just saying Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Thunderous clouds, flash of lightning, no thunder though, muggy and its started to rain here....just saying Posted Image

WOW! Really? :D

This is my thoughts on where this line of showers will go.

The black lines going to the W/SW are where I think each part of the line of showers will go.

What do you guys think?

post-15531-0-79790200-1377451601_thumb.j

Guest William Grimsley

I agree. The 5 min radar doesn't indicate anything will make it towards Devon. It's gone dark-ish here now, like a downpour is imminent, but we shall see, the shield usually holds strong here. Posted Image

Damn. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-52336200-1377454612_thumb.j

There is a risk of some showers, thundery showers and possibly a thunderstorm or two for a lucky few tomorrow afternoon, but for the majority of us it looks like a sunny and very warm day after some early morning cloudcover lifts.

The area in red is the area most at risk of a scattering of thundery showers tomorrow. These look like being concentrated in a line on the South Coast or just inland from the South Coast. Inland Hampshire could also see some showers but this area is more likely to be the breeding ground rather than the main recipient. The South Coast of Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, the South Coast of Dorset down into Exeter, Exmouth and Torbay looks the prime area for shower and possible thunderstorm development.

Elsewhere, it's looking like a scorcher. Early morning cloudcover could be present in some locations but with a little patience this should quickly evaporate into a clear, sunny and very warm day,

Temperatures for many of us getting into the mid twenties. I wouldn't rule out nudging just about into the high twenties for prone locations.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

There is a risk of some showers, thundery showers and possibly a thunderstorm or two for a lucky few tomorrow afternoon, but for the majority of us it looks like a sunny and very warm day after some early morning cloudcover lifts.

The area in red is the area most at risk of a scattering of thundery showers tomorrow. These look like being concentrated in a line on the South Coast or just inland from the South Coast. Inland Hampshire could also see some showers but this area is more likely to be the breeding ground rather than the main recipient. The South Coast of Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, the South Coast of Dorset down into Exeter, Exmouth and Torbay looks the prime area for shower and possible thunderstorm development.

Elsewhere, it's looking like a scorcher. Early morning cloudcover could be present in some locations but with a little patience this should quickly evaporate into a clear, sunny and very warm day,

Temperatures for many of us getting into the mid twenties. I wouldn't rule out nudging just about into the high twenties for prone locations.

Get in there! BBC did just say dry though. So, I'm not getting my hopes up but that is slap bang over me that area is! :D

I don't think any of those showers will make it to Devon or even Dorset. But, after what AWD just said, I don't mind.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

It's hissing down!

Guest William Grimsley

That shower is finally making it's way towards Newton Poppleford Weather. It's currently moderate, and I hope it stays that way. I wish it was still the intensity it was when it was over Yeovil.

Guest William Grimsley

Now, the shower has nearly completely died to a light shower. It will hit Newton Poppleford Weather, if it keeps it's intensity, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well a big disappointment today but at least it warmed up after 5pm with some late sunshine. Looks like a much better day tomorrow thank heavens. A BBQ is now planned for Friday night so this will be the last chance for August to redeem itself.

Posted

Weekend was much better than forecast here. Saturday was bone dry & after a cloudy start had some sunny spells during the afternoon, with a high of 22C. Today started with a spell of very light drizzle, not enough to register on the weather station, then this afternoon was sunny & warm too, with a high of 25C : )

Posted

Where's the damned sun?

A really disappointing w/e weatherwise esp as forecasts a week ago were predicting a "cracker"!

Guest William Grimsley

Where's the damned sun?A really disappointing w/e weatherwise esp as forecasts a week ago were predicting a "cracker"!

We've got sun.

Posted

Where's the damned sun?

A really disappointing w/e weatherwise esp as forecasts a week ago were predicting a "cracker"!

Morning cloudcover is melting away from the south;

http://www.sat24.com/gb

We are going to be one of the last places to cling onto the cloud by the look of it. Many southern counties now seeing the sunshine.

Guest William Grimsley

Morning cloudcover is melting away from the south;

http://www.sat24.com/gb

We are going to be one of the last places to cling onto the cloud by the look of it. Many southern counties now seeing the sunshine.

Yeah quite sunny, here. AWD, do you think we could still see some showers/thunderstorms this afternoon/evening?

Posted

Yeah quite sunny, here. AWD, do you think we could still see some showers/thunderstorms this afternoon/evening?

From late afternoon into the evening some scattered showers are likely to develop in Hampshire and down along the South Coast. There is enough convective energy present for one or two of them to become thundery so something to watch. It all depends if they can form and head into the pocket of convective energy at the time the energy peaks.They will be hit and miss though. For the time being and the next few hours into the afternoon enjoy the sunshine though. Development will likely start later today into the evening.
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

From late afternoon into the evening some scattered showers are likely to develop in Hampshire and down along the South Coast. There is enough convective energy present for one or two of them to become thundery so something to watch. It all depends if they can form and head into the pocket of convective energy at the time the energy peaks.They will be hit and miss though. For the time being and the next few hours into the afternoon enjoy the sunshine though. Development will likely start later today into the evening.

Ah that's good as I'm on the S Coast so I might see something. It would be nice to get a thunderstorm the last one was on 02/08/2013 so not that long ago. 

Ok, will watch out and be on to tell you guys what's happening as always. 

Posted

And the sun burns and burns;

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Little cloudcover left to burn away now. Gloucestershire & South Gloucestershire with a bit.

Sunny and warm IMBY now with it only getting better as we progress into the afternoon.

Enjoy!