Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Had a small shower .Drying  up again. Humidity is 89%. Temperature is reading 15.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Only 14.2c here as I type this. What has caused these conditions to be so far removed from what was expected. Posted Image

god knows what's happened today....was supposed to be 22c with decent sunshine and the odd heavy shower, instead we have 15c, a very chilly breeze & slate grey skies with occasional drizzle more akin to early november rather than end of august!

Posted

god knows what's happened today....was supposed to be 22c with decent sunshine and the odd heavy shower, instead we have 15c, a very chilly breeze & slate grey skies with occasional drizzle more akin to early november rather than end of august!

I have experienced days like this many times on the back end of LOWs where it turns out grey and cool as opposed to the bright/warm conditions that were forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I have experienced days like this many times on the back end of LOWs where it turns out grey and cool as opposed to the bright/warm conditions that were forecast.

Makes you wonder why they just don't forecast a grey day.

Posted

Sun just coming out here so clearer skies seem to be moving east to west when I thought the sunnier weather would come from the west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sun just coming out here so clearer skies seem to be moving east to west when I thought the sunnier weather would come from the west!

Indeed, things are now looking up, bar the odd isolated shower, its a getting better type of day now. Up to 18.2c now, it may even reach 20/21c at this rate? BBC News 24 still insistent that 22c will be reached quite widely. Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Very cloudy and breeze here. Can see a few tops to Cumulonimbus clouds in the occasional gaps in the clouds, though. A few heavy showers are starting further E now.

Edited by William Grimsley
behave, we know where you live, it's in your profile. I like your website, William. It is impressive.

Guest William Grimsley

Excuse me, I accept no editing of my posts. Thank you.

Anyway, after this cloud has cleared from the NE a few clouds (now starting to bubble up) will move towards SW England and may give a few showers later this afternoon/evening. 

Guest William Grimsley

":p behave, we know where you live, it's in your avatar. Your website is impressive too."

That doesn't stop me posting what I want to post, I'll keep editing my posts. Thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Now reached 20.3c in the sunshine here in my location. Slowly but surely, things are indeed improving. A similar day is expected tomorrow, in fact, at least according to the BBC it was, a cloudy start but a gradual improvement come mid-morning onwards. Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Now reached 20.3c in the sunshine here in my location. Slowly but surely, things are indeed improving. A similar day is expected tomorrow, in fact, at least according to the BBC it was, a cloudy start but a gradual improvement come mid-morning onwards. Posted Image

Yeah, some sunshine is pushing in from the NE, now.

• Like 1

Posted

"Posted Image behave, we know where you live, it's in your avatar. Your website is impressive too."

That doesn't stop me posting what I want to post, I'll keep editing my posts. Thanks.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. Just a few posts that don't mention your location in every sentence, would be good. What is it doing with you now, is it warming up? Might need it to get to the magic 21c or so before any showers kick off, I reckon.

Yeah, some sunshine is pushing in from the NE, now.

Ha, ha beat me to it. Good stuff.

Guest William Grimsley

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. Just a few posts that don't mention your location in every sentence, would be good. What is it doing with you now, is it warming up? Might need it to get to the magic 21c or so before any showers kick off, I reckon.

Well, that's fine but I'm doing that anyway by saying "Devon" or "E Devon" or "SW England". Don't think you're funny because you're not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Excuse me, I accept no editing of my posts. Thank you.

Anyway, after this cloud has cleared from the NE a few clouds (now starting to bubble up) will move towards SW England and may give a few showers later this afternoon/evening.

"Posted Image behave, we know where you live, it's in your avatar. Your website is impressive too."

To save any possible confusion for any members on posting guidelines, here's an excerpt from the NetWeather Forums Terms & Conditions...

..."9. Netweather.tv includes discussion forums that allow interaction between users and NET-WEATHER forecasters ("Forums"). While NET-WEATHER does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users ("the Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use use of the Forums and you waive moral rights that you have in regard to the Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by NET-WEATHER on a Forum."

cheers,

AJ Posted Image

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Ha, ha beat me to it. Good stuff.

Yeah...

To save any possible confusion for any members on posting guidelines, here's an excerpt from the NetWeather Forums Terms & Conditions...

..."9. Netweather.tv includes discussion forums that allow interaction between users and NET-WEATHER forecasters ("Forums"). While NET-WEATHER does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users ("the Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use use of the Forums and you waive moral rights that you have in regard to the Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by NET-WEATHER on a Forum."

cheers,

AJ Posted Image

I understand, AJ. But, I was only mentioning my location in a post, I wasn't being stupid, saying bad words or anything bad was I?

Guest William Grimsley

Might need it to get to the magic 21c or so before any showers kick off, I reckon.

2 intense showers have already got going across S England. One near Portsmouth and one SE of the IOW.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah...

I understand, AJ. But, I was only mentioning my location in a post, I wasn't being stupid, saying bad words or anything bad was I?

not at all WG, but worth baring in mind that the forum team are here to enhance the interactive experience here on the forum so it's worth taking their suggestions on board, so to speak.......if you have any queries, then please pm one of the forum team who will be more than happy to help Posted Image

...and with that, back to the weather, and yes, I can actually see some sunshine! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yeah...

There's no reason to KEEP on posting your location in every post, i get fed up of reading it constantly.

If you simply post about observations to your SW or NW etc .. i only have to move my eyes 1mm to the left and i know exactly where you are.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

not at all WG, but worth baring in mind that the forum team are here to enhance the interactive experience here on the forum so it's worth taking their suggestions on board, so to speak.......if you have any queries, then please pm one of the forum team who will be more than happy to help Posted Image

...and with that, back to the weather, and yes, I can actually see some sunshine! Posted Image

thanks AJ, I understand that so ok I will in future. Thanks very much Posted Image

... nothing here yet. :(

There's no reason to KEEP on posting your location in every post, i get fed up of reading it constantly.

If you simply post about observations to your SW or NW etc .. i only have to move my eyes 1mm to the left and i know exactly where you are.

Yes ok. But, if I was on holiday for example, then I would put my location. Would that be fair? :D

Posted

thanks AJ, I understand that so ok I will in future. Thanks very much Posted Image

... nothing here yet. Posted Image

Yes ok. But, if I was on holiday for example, then I would put my location. Would that be fair? Posted Image

popping out for a family walk shortly so should feel pleasant out there, chances though of a rogue heavy shower or two.......

Guest William Grimsley

popping out for a family walk shortly so should feel pleasant out there, chances though of a rogue heavy shower or two.......

yeah did the Exe trail, today (The River Exe Cycle Trail). Was pretty chilly cycling in the cold wind. I wish we did it later this afternoon, now. :D

Posted

yep, was out with the missus sorting out the horses down at the stables and it felt horrible out there, breezy & drizzly....much better now though with some warm sunshine!

Posted

And one of the things we don't want on this forum is people trying to smart or sarcastic - this applies to everyone.

Sun out nicely here and 22  degs now, autumn this morning quickly flipped back to summer at lunchtime.

Guest William Grimsley

yep, was out with the missus sorting out the horses down at the stables and it felt horrible out there, breezy & drizzly....much better now though with some warm sunshine!

hopefully that should be arriving here soon.

And one of the things we don't want on this forum is people trying to smart or sarcastic - this applies to everyone.

What are you referring to Moisty?

That was a bit of an unexpected turnaround.

Up until 2:30 this afternoon temps here were below 17C.  The sun came out, and now around an hour later it is touching on 23C. Feeling quite pleasant outside now.

Edited by Sainsbo
  • Like 1