Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Supposedly been under steady rain for the last half an hour. A few spots at the most in reality - most of it isn't reaching the ground.

Thanks, I guess it must high based cloud and something's up in the mid levels, which is currently leading to evaporation. Hopefully AWD can advise?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-96357200-1377113931_thumb.j

For most of us, a sunny and very warm day ahead. However, a few of us could see an added bonus.

The area in red are at risk of some scattered afternoon thunderstorms which could be on the lively side too. This includes areas north of the M4 into the Cotswolds and Oxfordshire. These thunderstorms could contain hail and become organised into the afternoon with frequent lightning and thunder for some. As ever, not all places in the red area will see them. Could be worth keeping the camera nearby though.

Elsewhere it's a case of clear blue skies for many of us with prolonged sunny spells and just some convective cloud building later in the day.

Temperatures should reach the mid twenties for many of us.

Guest William Grimsley

Supposedly been under steady rain for the last half an hour. A few spots at the most in reality - most of it isn't reaching the ground.

Really? we had light rain which was shown on radar at Newton Poppleford Weather.

I wouldn't be suprised if we do get some thunder tonight as the sky has that unstable, thundery type look to it at the moment.

I was thinking the same thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really? we had light rain which was shown on radar at Newton Poppleford Weather.

I was thinking the same thing.

Yup. Quite possibly different atmospheric conditions over your way. Have had threatening enough skies, with a sort of thundery look to it but very little rain. Spotting again now.

Guest William Grimsley

Yup. Quite possibly different atmospheric conditions over your way. Have had threatening enough skies, with a sort of thundery look to it but very little rain. Spotting again now.

Ah right. I see. Yeah same here, yeah Newton Poppleford Weather has recorded 0.2 mm of rainfall, today. Yeah at Newton Poppleford Weather we've had constant light rain for the past 15 minutes with drops the size of £1 coins.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well its been a good day here so far and better then I was expecting with temperatures of 26C and hazy sunshine.

Dissapointed we are going to miss out on storm potential though.Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Dissapointed we are going to miss out on storm potential though.Posted Image

We're not missing out that much, nothing's really happened today.

Posted

Beautiful beautiful day! 27C with almost clear skies, bar a few bits of altocumulus castellanus and floccus. 

Guest William Grimsley

Beautiful beautiful day! 27C with almost clear skies, bar a few bits of altocumulus castellanus and floccus. 

Altocumulus... Lovely stuff! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Gorgeous weather..26.6c. Light breeze with little cloud... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Indeed, perfect weather as long as the overnight Temps get to cool the house down enough, I'm happy for it to not get too much above what it is now.

An above average month once again, in terms of mean Temperatures looks quite probable, given the final week looks largely dry, settled and warm to very warm.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Beautiful late afternoon here - been at the local for a few blackthorns over last couple of hours and must say, very enjoyable.

Posted

Temperatures hit 26.1C here today when the sun came out, a lovely day to find out my GCSE results. It looks like the next week will be quite warm and sunny too, apart from Saturday.

Was the sun shining on you? indeed was hot in Swindon, i had to jog from the big tv screen to bus station... as my bus was in a 2 mins, and was rather hot after but made the bus :)

Was the sun shining on you? indeed was hot in Swindon, i had to jog from the big tv screen to bus station... as my bus was in a 2 mins, and was rather hot after but made the bus Posted Image

I think it must have been. A few A*'s, a couple of A's and a few B's. Can't say I'm dissappointed. :)

• Like 2

Posted

I think it must have been. A few A*'s, a couple of A's and a few B's. Can't say I'm dissappointed. :)

That's amazing :O congratulations! Better than me!!!
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice to be in the sunnier part of the country today. Beautiful still, clear evening again - feels not too dissimilar to many evenings in July and earlier in the month.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-50529100-1377198264_thumb.j

More cloud around tomorrow compared to today, but some good sunny spells present too.

The area in red will see some showers, possibly thundery, break out ahead of a weakening band of rain tomorrow afternoon. This includes Cornwall, Devon, West Somerset, Bristol, BANES and parts of Gloucestershire. Some will miss the showers and just see increased cloudcover.

Elsewhere, an increase in cloud amounts will be noticeable but some good sunny spells should also be present. It should remain dry until late in the day though.

Temperatures likely to reach the mid twenties for many of us, high twenties for some of us. Very warm bordering on hot.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

More cloud around tomorrow compared to today, but some good sunny spells present too.

The area in red will see some showers, possibly thundery, break out ahead of a weakening band of rain tomorrow afternoon. This includes Cornwall, Devon, West Somerset, Bristol, BANES and parts of Gloucestershire. Some will miss the showers and just see increased cloudcover.

Elsewhere, an increase in cloud amounts will be noticeable but some good sunny spells should also be present. It should remain dry until late in the day though.

Temperatures likely to reach the mid twenties for many of us, high twenties for some of us. Very warm bordering on hot.

That looks good for Newton Poppleford, tomorrow. Hopefully, Newton Poppleford will see some showers maybe thundery showers. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Evening all ,lets hope some of us see some thundery action later tomorrow ,the synoptic situation is looking good ,but timing of front moving in from west will be critical .so i think its a case of tuning in to tomorrows updated charts and radar and satelite view later in the day .i might push the boat out and have half a thatchers now im off  antibiotics ,and perhaps a cheese and onion sandwich ,but no crisps ,box is empty .cheers gang Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Evening all ,lets hope some of us see some thundery action later tomorrow ,the synoptic situation is looking good ,but timing of front moving in from west will be critical .so i think its a case of tuning in to tomorrows updated charts and radar and satelite view later in the day .i might push the boat out and have half a thatchers now im off  antibiotics ,and perhaps a cheese and onion sandwich ,but no crisps ,box is empty .cheers gang Posted Image

Yes, I will be watching the weather very closely tomorrow, too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I hope we do get something tomorrow now because some areas away from us seem to be getting their fair share of lightning.

It just won't be fair if we don't get anything.

Posted

I'm content with the fact that our miniscule chance of anything today resulted in a beautifully sunny and verging-on-hot day. Looks like tomorrow could also be a decent day until later in the afternoon. Fingers crossed for some activity, perhaps something similar to 2nd August?

Guest William Grimsley

I'm content with the fact that our miniscule chance of anything today resulted in a beautifully sunny and verging-on-hot day. Looks like tomorrow could also be a decent day until later in the afternoon. Fingers crossed for some activity, perhaps something similar to 2nd August?

02/08/2013? :O I wish! That was a cracking thunderstorm! :D

• Like 1