Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Perseids Meteor Shower 2013

Posted

Very bright shooting star about 10 mins ago, seen to the north of Ursa Major but coming from the direction of Perseus. Moon shouldn't interfere too much this year, so hopefully a decent show.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel8er/9431815710/

you need to watch this its amazing a time lapse video of the perseids and the milky way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.

Looking forward to these this year as always...

Activity the most from the 10th, then the peak on the 12/13th.

*fingers crossed it's not cloudy*

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

In town so I need to see at the peak, hoping the weather will play ball this year too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather,sun,clouds,hate rain .

I shall be in the scarborough area during the perseid's peak nights.where is the best place to look for them ie north,west etc?

Posted

I shall be in the scarborough area during the perseid's peak nights.where is the best place to look for them ie north,west etc?

More to the east I believe, but if you have an android phone there is a free app called Google Sky.  Not sure if it's available on I-phone but if  not there is a similar free app for that as well.

It's superb for sky watching.

Posted

More to the east I believe, but if you have an android phone there is a free app called Google Sky.  Not sure if it's available on I-phone but if  not there is a similar free app for that as well.

It's superb for sky watching.

Thanks for replying BlueBreezer54 ,i shall look those up Posted Image .hope i get a good view of the Perseid's  this weekend.Posted Image 

Posted

But it is looking good for tonight for many:

post-6667-0-29865200-1376306396_thumb.jp

Posted Image

22.00hrs

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Cloudy here too, was hoping the breeze would "blow it away", still all could change by tonight.

Posted

Been outside in my reasonably-good-for-this-type-of-thing-garden (it's in a valley bottom) and in ten minutes saw.... 2! Pretty bright they were, tho'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Where should one be looking ? East ?

Last year I think I walked  1 mile down the road less light pollution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Stood outside for 20 minutes and saw nowt.....though caught one in the corner of my eye the other night.

Posted

still cloudy here Posted Image

Out at 22.28 instantly met with a biggy...left a faint trail. Looking WSW. Then about half a dozen in the next ten mins. Peak expected after midnight into the small hours.

Anyone else seen a small dot, no plane, far too high up! Swift moving..general SW to NW direction, occasionally brighter then quite faint. Lasts for no more than 30secs, then out of sight? Not kidding either...second time tonight, almost same trajectory? No expert but could it be a satellite? Keep good look out :)

Posted

Out at 22.28 instantly met with a biggy...left a faint trail. Looking WSW. Then about half a dozen in the next ten mins. Peak expected after midnight into the small hours.

Anyone else seen a small dot, no plane, far too high up! Swift moving..general SW to NW direction, occasionally brighter then quite faint. Lasts for no more than 30secs, then out of sight? Not kidding either...second time tonight, almost same trajectory? No expert but could it be a satellite? Keep good look out Posted Image

Probably was a satellite. If you want, next time, note down the exact time and rough trajectory and have a look at Heavens Above, which details most of the naked eye satellites:

http://www.heavens-above.com/?lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seen a few meteors and also the ISS pass by and very bright it was so about 15-20mins ago. What a treat. :D

Posted

Anyone else seen a small dot, no plane, far too high up! Swift moving..general SW to NW direction, occasionally brighter then quite faint. Lasts for no more than 30secs, then out of sight? Not kidding either...second time tonight, almost same trajectory? No expert but could it be a satellite? Keep good look out Posted Image

Yep seen it and wondered what it was myself!

Glad I went back out, have seen about 15 so far. Wish I was somewhere rural like the Lake District or Peak District though!

Yep seen it and wondered what it was myself! Glad I went back out, have seen about 15 so far. Wish I was somewhere rural like the Lake District or Peak District though!

Again, quite a show..some faint others less so, nice one about three mins ago, looking SSW. Good night to be stuck up a mountain :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Again, quite a show..some faint others less so, nice one about three mins ago, looking SSW. Good night to be stuck up a mountain Posted Image

My housemate has never seen one. I told her to come out and have a look but she couldn't be bothered. Some people eh!

I was fortunate enough to witness that freakishly bright one that occurred in March? last year. That was incredible and was seen right across the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Again, quite a show..some faint others less so, nice one about three mins ago, looking SSW. Good night to be stuck up a mountain Posted Image

Just had a fag in the garden and seen that one myself looking SSW twice and then after ten mins,....... Nothing!!! Oh well at least i seen a couple Posted Image