Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Clipping beech hedge round garden today.Not a great job in warm still  humid conditions with thousands of spiders and flies disturbed. Usually I can rely on breezy cool conditions at this time of year for this job.

Posted

Medditteranean blue skies here today with a maximum of 17c and a fresh SE wind.Ideal for dutch hoeing garden and killing the weeds ,ground very dry for time of year.Two more calves born today getting a wonderful start because of this weather. Trees starting to look magnificent in their autumn colours.

• Like 3

Posted

What a cracking weekend for the end of September,18 C and blue skies, with a few clouds to keep HC happy.... Posted Image

FRB this afternoon...

post-2849-0-85161500-1380488819_thumb.jp

Talking of clouds, here is a cracking shot the other day of a cold front arriving just of the coast of Cape Town

post-2849-0-03664100-1380488819_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

Just been checking another expectant cow we brought in this evening to the steading to keep an eye on and we have the most fabulous starry night with a very recognizable Plough and a very clear Milky Way.  Really good for the end of September.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Peeps! Another stonking day forecast, lovely starry skies here last night, been a while since I've seen that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Breezy, cloudy but dry here in Dyce at the moment.

Had a fabulous weekend though in Glen Affric. Topped out at around 17C both days and with light winds it felt very pleasant. On Saturday there was some cloud around and it was a little hazy, but after a misty start on Sunday it was a glorious blue sky day.

The bramble bushes are absolutely laden with fruit this year, more than I've seen for a long time, and our 6-yr old had a great time picking them (as did daddy). Now we've just got to figure out what to do with them all. If we can successfully freeze some then they are destined for sauce for the venison at Xmas. The rest...apple & blackberry crumble...maybe even an attempt at making jam? Any other good ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Breezy, cloudy but dry here in Dyce at the moment.

Had a fabulous weekend though in Glen Affric. Topped out at around 17C both days and with light winds it felt very pleasant. On Saturday there was some cloud around and it was a little hazy, but after a misty start on Sunday it was a glorious blue sky day.

The bramble bushes are absolutely laden with fruit this year, more than I've seen for a long time, and our 6-yr old had a great time picking them (as did daddy). Now we've just got to figure out what to do with them all. If we can successfully freeze some then they are destined for sauce for the venison at Xmas. The rest...apple & blackberry crumble...maybe even an attempt at making jam? Any other good ideas?

I make blackberry & apple jelly some years but it's best not to make huge quantities as it seems to lose its taste quicker than most.  Should be plenty of recipes on the interwebby...

We were just north of Affric yesterday and yes it was a splendid day although pretty hazy.  It almost seemed clearer higher up, about 800m or so I think.  Certainly autumnal though, I had my woolly hat on when we stopped up high, first time since spring. 

Another cracker today too, furthest I'll get will be coffee on what's left of the lawn...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Windy but dry day, not particularly warm feeling, but reached 18c all the same. Just thinking aboot last year, we could not buy 20C, yet this year nearly everyday since June has been above this. My back garden has finally dried to a point the grass looks like a green carpet (Thanks SS) Raspberries and Strawberries were plentiful, and as stated earlier the brambles are astounding this year, freezer is full and not even made a dent along the railway here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

I don't know why Perth is being the grey mud cloud of misery lol! The highest it got to yesterday was 15C here. Again today it's grey and 12C at the moment. Is there anything more interesting coming up one way or another over the next little bit? 

Posted

Another almost coudless day with blue skies and a fresh to strong SE wnd coming down off the hills. Me and young Mr. Northernlights pruned Grandpas shrubs  this afternoon sweat pouring off us. Maximum of 17c. Cows and calves lying flat out in the sun into the fifth month today what a spell of weather. Even the grass is still growing and the turnip crop just keeps on improving with every sunny day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

13C and just very cloudy and grey here. I may as well just copy & paste that every day at the mo....

maybe if you were under the rainbow things would look different ?

• Like 1

Posted

maybe if you were under the rainbow things would look different ?

quite true - I need to change my perspective! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Bright and very gusty today in the north, would have been a good drying day but possibly not just here due to erm local difficulties... still windy tonight, howling in the flues.

Tomorrow looks ok but then the wet stuff makes life interesting (possibly avoiding the OTR area of interest in Perthshire), probably very interesting indeed for some unlucky parties.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

OI! Who nicked the sun! We've had four fab sunny days up here, warm too. Now we're back to normal, cloudy and dull, rain on the way. I guess the telescope can stay under wraps for the time being then........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Dry, cloudy, quite windy ..... ZZZzzzzzz....

Brambles are all frozen for now as we don't have the time to do anything with them quite yet. Totaled out at 1.9Kg from a length of bushes of about 20ft long and there were still plenty left on them, both ripe (many we just couldn't reach without a set of armour) and in the process of ripening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Very steady rain her in Alloa atm. Unusual dry air this morning, very still but no dew on the car window and then the rain jst started as if a switch had been flipped. Wondering what the forecasted high next week will bring for us, cloud and more cloud maybe?

Posted

Been a damp and very dark day.

Looking on the radar its looking like some beefy showers coming across Ayrshire and Dumfries way? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Just back from a two week tour of Panama (wee vid attached) and now I wish I was there again considering it's pee'ing doon ootside, and feeling cold Posted Image

seahp.MOV

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
  • Like 3

Posted

Brambles are all frozen for now as we don't have the time to do anything with them quite yet. Totaled out at 1.9Kg from a length of bushes of about 20ft long and there were still plenty left on them, both ripe (many we just couldn't reach without a set of armour) and in the process of ripening.

It's apple and bramble crumble season... Posted Image

Posted

A bit dull but breeze still kicking up the dusty soil. Can see some very wet weather just to the west of us though. Very warm first thing this morning at 14c currently 17c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or snow, nothing in between.

Aberdeen.

Still fairly warm, around 12c, no wind but wet all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

It's apple and bramble crumble season... Posted Image

Aye, we have quite an apple harvest.

Some on one tree are massive, like water melons or something. I'm concerned they could knock out the wee yin if she was passing underneath when one dropped off.

• Like 1