Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Another lovely day in NE Fife. Temps down a tad on the 24c reached both Monday and Tuesday but 22c not to be sniffed at!.

Great start to September. Pity it looks like going downhill from tomorrow.

Posted
  • Another glorious harvest day windy sunny and a maximum of 23c .  Fantastic straw all baled into mostly round bales with a few old fashioned small square bales. A marvellous sight  good bedding secured for the winterpost-2744-0-11411400-1378328021_thumb.jp 
Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

using a prehistorically slow internet connection this week (thanks, BT!) so unable to look at charts very much but even the coming weekend in the Highlands seems to be rather uncertain. We will be camping in north-west Sutherland so looking forward to whatever comes our way (<Steppenwolf anyone?>) except the wee flying fooks.  Boy, they're one good reason to look forward to cold weather!

have especially enjoyed NL's recent updates: raw stuff to get immediate updates on the harvest - 5*+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sorry HC, but forecast for the weekend was looking reasonable before the wife and I decided to take the caravan to Aviemore for a couple of nights. As the week has progressed the forecast for Sat/Sun has got steadily worse. Oh well, the caravan is waterproof and has a heater so we'll survive. Forecast for the NW (Lochinver) still looks not too bad, but maybe a tad chilly for camping (been there, done that, still do occasionally) so take plenty of warm stuff.

On that note, the downward trend has begun here in Aberdeenshire this morning. Cool, cloudy and ever so slightly damp. A big change from the last few days, which have been glorious.

Posted

Met-O weather warning for rain on Saturday is now extended well into the south-east of Scotland. Wellies on stand-by.

On the plus side I saw a snowplough out on the road today, it's coming.....

The French beat us to it - this was on July 10th! 

• Like 3

Posted

A much fresher start to the day at 10c.Turned into a fine September afternoon with 18c maximum. Very clear with a great view over the Firth to the north to Tarbet Ness lighthouse.post-2744-0-04282700-1378410413_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Another lovely September's day with fine, light blue skies and some scattered white clouds and high cirrus clouds. An autumnal evening just now with Glasgow airport recording 4C not too long ago - coldest temperature since June 1st. It's good to have that autumn chill back after a pretty decent summer.

• Like 2

Posted

First reports of icy roads in north Highlands this morning; overnight minimum here was 3C, coldest since er lets see... early June! Sharp showers belting through too which would undoubtedly be wintry up top.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Beautiful colours in the sky to the west this evening....ipad camera doesn't really do it justice....and sadly its now raining heavily.

post-18260-0-05925000-1378494231_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Looks just about certain that it's snowing on the highest tops this evening. Was +0.3c at the CairnGorm Summit AWS at 9pm. Missed the Sunset, but it was apparently spectacular on the West Coast, particularly looking down Loch Linnhe. This was from 2800ft on Meall a' Bhuiridh, looking towards Ben Nevis which is just right of centre in the field of view, but in a cloud under the right most glow breaking through the clouds.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=513983908675864&set=a.293673214040269.68548.190945080979750&type=1&theater

Posted

Evening all. Quick ask what St Andrews can expect the morn, as off to the airshow @leuchars. Currently pishing it doon. Not seen this much rain for a wee while now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Looks like this pulse of rain ebbs NNW cheggers, wet start to the day and drying out as the morning progresses.

Some cloud around, the yrno map run indicates some clear skies from around 11-mid-day through the afternoon before more rain in the evening.

http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=65.00146&lon=19.54158&zoom=3&laga=nedb%C3%B8rskyer&proj=3575

Am very Jealous ! Nothing better than hearing the noise an Avro Vulcan serves up !

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 2

Posted

Looks like this pulse of rain ebbs NNW cheggers, wet start to the day and drying out as the morning progresses.

Some cloud around, the yrno map run indicates some clear skies from around 11-mid-day through the afternoon before more rain in the evening.

http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=65.00146&lon=19.54158&zoom=3&laga=nedb%C3%B8rskyer&proj=3575

Am very Jealous ! Nothing better than hearing the noise an Avro Vulcan serves up !

Cheers. Was playing golf at Kingsbarnes on Tuesday and there were plenty of Typhoons and C130 out on practice. My first time so looking forward to this.

Posted

Good grief what an utterly crap morning back at home! Ms HC off in a kayak so not bothered but I'm abandoning any idea of going up a hill. Tomorrow perhaps. Autumn with a vengeance. 

New winter tyres looking smug in the garage, they'll be in use very soon.

Absolutely slagging it down; won't have to water my baby cabbages today!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Good grief what an utterly crap morning back at home! Ms HC off in a kayak so not bothered but I'm abandoning any idea of going up a hill. Tomorrow perhaps. Autumn with a vengeance. 

New winter tyres looking smug in the garage, they'll be in use very soon.

Same here with fresh NE wind driving the rain and currently 9c. As you say autumn with  a vengeance

Posted

Can't get the sound on that clip but I agree there's not many more satisfyingly brutal sounding aircraft. My Airfix model was a favourite too. 

• Like 2

Posted

In contrast a pleasant day here in NE Fife, with mostly sunny skies - should be good for the airshow at Leuchars. The ESEly breeze means it's much cooler than earlier in the week (14c) but with a dry day forecast for tomorrow the weekend is looking an awful lot better than I was expecting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Can't get the sound on that clip but I agree there's not many more satisfyingly brutal sounding aircraft. My Airfix model was a favourite too. 

The sound on this one is astonishing, really get a good idea of the Vulcan 'Howl' as it's fondly known. Have you tried opening in You Tube rather than the embedded one?

• Like 1

Posted

Airshow was great, blue skies from about 10:30am onwards. Some cloud rolled in n mid afternoon, but nothing to write home aboot.

The Typhoons must be a close second for noise then.... 

Kids still shaking after this.

• Like 2

Posted

Smashing warm sunny morning today, different time~space locus to yesterday. 

2nd brood of swallows bombing around - I reckon they'd outmanoeuvre a Vulcan but they're mebbe not quite as noisy. Glad it's them & not Vulcans around the fruit trees tho!

• Like 2

Posted

Unbroken sunshine, though with an easterly breeze it's not warm, though pleasant enough with some shelter. 13c.

Posted

Fine sunny morning here after a cool start at 5c currently 18c. Hardly any wind so just above us as were stacking small bales of barley straw we could hear the haunting calls of three buzzards who had found a thermal and were circling above us. Thy were almost invisible to the eye so must have been fairly high up. Very clear with superb visibilities. Grass and neeps doing well after Saturday mornings heavy rain.

• Like 3