Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Evening, classic Alpine storm breaking out. This is Reith just down the valley from here. Been a sunny hot day with a max of 27C at 1100m ( my location ) but locally 30c down the valley. Storm clouds quickly formed and can hear thunder but still dry in the village but can see rain falling on the local mountain top. Could be another late evening of watching  lightning flashes. Hope its good as last nights.

D0E7E924-2C90-4CB0-8777-52721FA10DD2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this for breakfast with a view! New for this summer , trip on the Alpbactal Gondal. Room with a view. Hot and sunny start this morning after last evenings storms.

 C

 

20369547_1555591221158789_7999143094396097084_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

View from the terrace. Stunning morning in Inner Alpach, temp approaching 80f at 10.30am. Looks like the hottest day of the summer so far.

C

2896_83069871554_4176588_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wind this morning and under a high pressure ridge, so possibly a no storm day. A bit hazy but already feels very hot and temp should be in excess of 30c for much of the Tirol today. Best weather of the summer here I would say. Loved the storms on Sat and Sun night.

 C

1299836950-Alpbach.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carinthian, we've all stopped replying to you out of extreme jealousy,  as we sit here in the dismal UK under frequent cloud and rain. :girl_devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ravelin said:

@carinthian, we've all stopped replying to you out of extreme jealousy,  as we sit here in the dismal UK under frequent cloud and rain. :girl_devil:

Ravelin, those charts for the British Isles are just not fair. Another crap summer for most of the North lands. Yes, super hot today, I think somewhere in lowland Salzburgerland /Voralbourg should have reached 37C this afternoon. Temp still 31 c in village, off to meet the wife from work and down a few scoops of pure ice cold lager in local hotel bier garden. Wish you were all here.!

C

 

 

 

 

 

 

here !

 C

Edited by carinthian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely warm sunny start to the day. Last night min was 21c . Should reach 30C again in the village (1100m) and locally 36C in the valley.

 C

6AA5D785-FEE3-42FD-B529-AB479AEB279A.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Lovely warm sunny start to the day. Last night min was 21c . Should reach 30C again in the village (1100m) and locally 36C in the valley.

 C

6AA5D785-FEE3-42FD-B529-AB479AEB279A.jpg

Incredible temperatures Paul - and I'm really enjoying all your pics. Wow, what a week to be in the Alps. Looks like the 850 hPa 20C isotherm is flirting with Austria all week! Lucky you! :)

But maybe not so lucky for the glaciers! I've just grabbed this image from the Kitzsteinhorn webcam - and at 08.57 in the morning it's already 14.6C up there!!!

59817b7c306c8_Kitzsteinhorn02Aug08_57.thumb.jpg.76288aad4b9adebd82b73c99f2e59167.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Incredible temperatures Paul - and I'm really enjoying all your pics. Wow, what a week to be in the Alps. Looks like the 850 hPa 20C isotherm is flirting with Austria all week! Lucky you! :)

But maybe not so lucky for the glaciers! I've just grabbed this image from the Kitzsteinhorn webcam - and at 08.57 in the morning it's already 14.6C up there!!!

59817b7c306c8_Kitzsteinhorn02Aug08_57.thumb.jpg.76288aad4b9adebd82b73c99f2e59167.jpg

Hi Malcolm, the local weather Tv stations excited by the recent hot sell and with a few great lightning shows thrown is as well , it has been great weather wise to witness. The tirol can be surprisingly hot and at times hotter than even Karten . Up to this week some of the highest peak still held snow cover but seems to be diminishing during this hot spell. The scenery around here is just pristine Alpine but the picture shows just how much the village has grown since I first met my wife here in 1976. Found a nice hostelry that sells my favourite Austrian brew , Gosser Bier which is very welcome in this weather !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunny morning after a cooler night. Temps rising quickly now up to 23c in the village. Have reports of some exceptional high temps in the Italian Alp side on the news.

 C

05505_5982d314-8618Vid.mp4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Sunny morning after a cooler night. Temps rising quickly now up to 23c in the village. Have reports of some exceptional high temps in the Italian Alp side on the news.

 C

05505_5982d314-8618Vid.mp4

Hi the video download is a life web shot on our local mountain The Wiedersbergerhorn. Off to take a trip up there later this morning. The view looks rather nice and a bit more refreshing up there than down in the village.

 C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical abundance of flora in full bloom on most of the buildings in and around the village. A bit more cloud today but still feels very warm. Alpbach is a chocolate box Tirolean village and well worth a visit in summer or winter , especially now with the extended Ski Jewel linking several villages and providing extensive ski-ing for all levels with ultra modern ski lift systems in place.

 C

alpbach-bauernhof-mit-blumenbalkon.jpg

Edited by carinthian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blissful pictures Carnithan. If I won the lottery, I'd be over there to live in a shot! My mother's side of the family lives on the Swiss/Austrian border, I lived there as a child and also for a year before coming to the UK to live. I have very strong sentimental feelings when I see landscape images like that amazing. Now to put my lotto numbers in for tonight...  

Edited by Styx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Styx said:

Blissful pictures Carnithan. If I won the lottery, I'd be over there to live in a shot! My mother's side of the family lives on the Swiss/Austrian border, I lived there as a child and also for a year before coming to the UK to live. I have very strong sentimental feelings when I see landscape images like that amazing. Now to put my lotto numbers in for tonight...  

Just for you Styx, my village in winter wonderland.

 C

alpbach-dorf-winter-neu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There we have it, a cloudy start with low cloud and feeling cooler. 12c lower than mid week. A few showers in the forecast. Has been a fantastic week weather wise but all good things must come to an end.

c

 

7FDC27D2-9BD1-4CE6-AEC7-75B3585BCB46.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First day in Austria and we had this storm come over is!!! Absolutely amazing, split in two later on... in swatzenburg. 

Maybe more to come later too.

fantastic. 

 

IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

IMG_2283.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the photos Salop Watcher. Where are you staying ?

 C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 07:56, carinthian said:

Lovely warm sunny start to the day. Last night min was 21c . Should reach 30C again in the village (1100m) and locally 36C in the valley.

 C

6AA5D785-FEE3-42FD-B529-AB479AEB279A.jpg

I just love after the bleak winter colours how green the valleys get in a normal summer.

At the same time how beautiful the flowers are esp the traditional hanging baskets with the geraniums etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I just love after the bleak winter colours how green the valleys get in a normal summer.

At the same time how beautiful the flowers are esp the traditional hanging baskets with the geraniums etc.

Hello Seaside 60, just like this. Alpbach heritage village. Worth a visit, summer or winter.

 C

alpbach-dorf-web.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am pleased to report one of the Net Weather forum members have booked to stay at this stunning little resort of Filmoos in Salzburgerland. At a height 1000m als it nestles under the magnificent Dachstein Mountains and its glacier. Mostly popular with the British , although not very well known and a bit of a quiet corner away from the ultra modern high level ski resorts. A bit of a old school Austrain Resort with lots of charm. Stayed there once some years back at The Alpenkrone Hotel. The family should really enjoy the mountains of Austria in winter on what I think is their first trip there .

 C

Stunning Image - Filzmoos, Salzburg Austria 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big change this week to more cloudy and gradually turning cooler conditions after the intense heat of the previous week. Anyway a picture of one of the villagel hotels. This one has a nice local bars with a great range of draught beers and  particularly nice beer garden and patio with B/Q , great spot on warm evenings to relax and drink Gosser Bier with a cheeky cigarette. Think about it all the locals seem to smoke, but all very calm and with peaceful easy feeling . 

 C

467195_521751644550591_1742833619_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 09:29, carinthian said:

Well I am pleased to report one of the Net Weather forum members have booked to stay at this stunning little resort of Filmoos in Salzburgerland. At a height 1000m als it nestles under the magnificent Dachstein Mountains and its glacier. Mostly popular with the British , although not very well known and a bit of a quiet corner away from the ultra modern high level ski resorts. A bit of a old school Austrain Resort with lots of charm. Stayed there once some years back at The Alpenkrone Hotel. The family should really enjoy the mountains of Austria in winter on what I think is their first trip there .

 C

Stunning Image - Filzmoos, Salzburg Austria 2.jpg

Yay, that's me, a very excited Netweather forum member really looking forward to going there in February! Thank you so much to you @carinthian and to @Blessed Weather for all the advice about Austria; got me thinking I might need to make visiting the Austrian resorts an annual event to get around them all:) I am sure I speak on behalf of other forum members who are very pleased indeed with your Austria updates now you are back there; especially after yesterday in the south east which is one of the longest wettest days we have had in quite some time - we all need some alpine eye candy to cheer us up this 'summer'. 

On that matter, I just checked the Jungfrau webcam to find what appeared to be a light covering of snow: https://panocam.skiline.cc/lauberhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schwarzenberg is where I'm staying in the bregenzwald (not sure that's 100% right spelling) 

its was lovely the first few days with two nights of long extended Storma with cg within a few miles. Too good to last as the heat has gone and today was vile with torrential rain and 14 degrees max! Like October back home! 

Still having a fantastic time, will put up some more pictures later. 

IMG_2486.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Yay, that's me, a very excited Netweather forum member really looking forward to going there in February! Thank you so much to you @carinthian and to @Blessed Weather for all the advice about Austria; got me thinking I might need to make visiting the Austrian resorts an annual event to get around them all:) I am sure I speak on behalf of other forum members who are very pleased indeed with your Austria updates now you are back there; especially after yesterday in the south east which is one of the longest wettest days we have had in quite some time - we all need some alpine eye candy to cheer us up this 'summer'. 

On that matter, I just checked the Jungfrau webcam to find what appeared to be a light covering of snow: https://panocam.skiline.cc/lauberhorn

Angela, think you are getting hooked with the snow , mountain thing. Like checking out mountain top web cams in the summer!  I love snow and stare skywards for hours on end waiting for it to arrive when the season starts.

 C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...