Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Wouldnt it be great if our climate was rain introduced by low pressure during the night then followed by sunny/hazy conditions during the day! We can only dream!

Yes first recorded day of sunburn GREAT lol.

Not sure of the sarcasm levels there, but rain overnight followed by sunny daytimes, seems the right away around to me.

Edited by Jackone
  • Like 2

Posted

Not sure of the sarcasm levels there, but rain overnight followed by sunny daytimes, seems the right away around to me.

Fanastic sunny warm day yesterday grey overcast doesen"t matter aslong as Saturday Sunday is sunny and warm !

Saturday looks pretty good, with Sunday generally getting worse from the west, seemingly continuing where last autumn left off, of Saturday being the best weekend weather day. 

Of course last weekend was rather a large exception. Posted Image 

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very windy here gusts up to 40mph, 50 near mumbles. Dry with clear spells however.

Posted

winds have been blowing between 75 and 82 mph at capel curig this evening!!! its been a very windy day! comeon summer. allthough im going to tenerife in 2 weeks for 2 weeks. any idea of the long rannge weather for there??

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very windy all day and tonight gusts probably over 50mph frequently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

winds have been blowing between 75 and 82 mph at capel curig this evening!!! its been a very windy day! comeon summer. allthough im going to tenerife in 2 weeks for 2 weeks. any idea of the long rannge weather for there??

Doesnt look warm probably colder than average, with NW/N winds... :L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Dan-Yr-Ogof Caves in Swansea has told the press that he is considering suing weather forecasters ……

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/dan-yr-ogof-caves-boss-2608757

Ashford Price says that the constant inaccurate ‘doom and gloom’ forecasting is affecting his trade. It is reported that “Mr Price claimed a forecast of snow for South and West Wales on Good Friday – traditionally the start of the main tourism season for Wales – led many tourists to cancel their plans but snow never materialised.â€

Bearing that in mind, here is today’s forecast for Wales:

Tropical sun throughout Wales today, with temperatures up to 30/31. Light winds will make for a perfect summer’s day so head down to Dan Yr Ogof Caves where you can spend the afternoon underground in the dark and cold.*

*Forecast may not be accurate

• Like 2

Posted

Another publicity seeker there MK, asour weatherman Derek tweeted the forecast was cold but dry for Easter.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

this winters SSW from the NASA GEOS-5

• Like 1

Dan-Yr-Ogof Caves in Swansea has told the press that he is considering suing weather forecasters ……

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/dan-yr-ogof-caves-boss-2608757

Ashford Price says that the constant inaccurate ‘doom and gloom’ forecasting is affecting his trade. It is reported that “Mr Price claimed a forecast of snow for South and West Wales on Good Friday – traditionally the start of the main tourism season for Wales – led many tourists to cancel their plans but snow never materialised.â€

Bearing that in mind, here is today’s forecast for Wales:

Tropical sun throughout Wales today, with temperatures up to 30/31. Light winds will make for a perfect summer’s day so head down to Dan Yr Ogof Caves where you can spend the afternoon underground in the dark and cold.*

*Forecast may not be accurate

I would have thought caves would possibly be less effected by bad weather than other attractions.

Warm today here in the sun, still cool in the strong breeze.

Another publicity seeker there MK, asour weatherman Derek tweeted the forecast was cold but dry for Easter.

I thought that as well.

Edited by Jackone
  • Like 1

Wednesday night in to the early hours of Thursday morning was the windiest spell of weather I've experienced in a long time. I was staying in a caravan on top of a hill in Llangollen & some of the gusts were easily exceeding 80 mph. I didn't get much sleep as the caravan was rocking so violently, if the caravan hadn't been kept down by stakes driven 3 foot into the ground it would have been blown over due to the sheer power of the winds. Glad to be back home today & its calm with bright sunshine! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Can the GFS be believed? This would be funny if it came off!

http://91.121.16.5/modeles_gfs/runs/2013042112/138-574.GIF?21-12

Posted

So when do we think summer will arrive? (1st June I suppose :-))

Still the trees aren't in bloom here yet and the daffs are still going strong. Tomorrow might be a nive day if the sky clears, but looks like getting colder again come the weekend. More frosts perhaps? 77 air frosts here so far in autumn-winter-spring period, would still not be surprised to see that get to 80.

• Like 1

Posted

This Spring certainly has at least 3 more air frost in it agreed Mike!

Posted

17.9C! Come on, that's more like it. Now how many weeks until we get this warm again?

I would say about 3/4weeks...

So when do we think summer will arrive? (1st June I suppose :-))Still the trees aren't in bloom here yet and the daffs are still going strong. Tomorrow might be a nive day if the sky clears, but looks like getting colder again come the weekend. More frosts perhaps? 77 air frosts here so far in autumn-winter-spring period, would still not be surprised to see that get to 80.

Summer, do we get them anymore?

• Like 1

Posted

Summer, do we get them anymore?

Nope cooling down again looks like my cherry tree may about to break into bloosom 2 weeks late.

Posted

New page on my website check it out!

http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings-1

Also if you want to check what the weather's doing check my blog!

http://cymruweather.webs.com/apps/blog/

• Like 1

Posted

Nice sunny afternoon if somewhat cool and breezy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

post-10685-0-18221500-1367000662_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

Thought that was you doodling Soup!

• Like 1