Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Only a few spots of heavy rain here from that cell, however it really developed as it pushed west from here.

It also seemed to spring up from nothing clearly they are expecting further heavy showers to develop.

Edited by Jackone

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Joking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

One or two big spots of rain, felt quite thundery today but nothing really happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Animation showing the weather across Wales over tonight and tomorrow! Enjoy. http://cymruweather.webs.com/animation

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

It's been a great weekend in Cardiff weatherwise, not too warm, not too cool, mostly sunny with a light cool breeze.

Posted

I have to say I'm getting a little confused with comments like "the unsettled conditions are set to continue" in the BBC monthly forecast & doom & gloom by some in the model thread. What unsettled conditions? We just had a lovely weekend and a dry week forecast. Pretty good for May I would say. Conditions looks benign at worse with maybe more cloud than perhaps some would like but surely it could be a lot worse.

I'm thinking the setup this spring is completely different from the last few years i.e. no early heat wave, no record rainfall. So I’m very optimistic on our forthcoming Summer. It seems some can’t see and end to our run of poor summers but that run will end and I still don't see any reason why it doesn't end this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Today was disappointing in this neck of the woods. Cloudy, and as a result without the sun, the breeze had a definate nip to it.

I have to say I'm getting a little confused with comments like "the unsettled conditions are set to continue" in the BBC monthly forecast & doom & gloom by some in the model thread. What unsettled conditions? We just had a lovely weekend and a dry week forecast. Pretty good for May I would say. Conditions looks benign at worse with maybe more cloud than perhaps some would like but surely it could be a lot worse.

I'm thinking the setup this spring is completely different from the last few years i.e. no early heat wave, no record rainfall. So I’m very optimistic on our forthcoming Summer. It seems some can’t see and end to our run of poor summers but that run will end and I still don't see any reason why it doesn't end this year.

Not bad here either, sunny for most of the day, of pretty warm as well. (too nice for the office, should have been off this week not last week.)

For many on this site, not this thread, westerly winds are good and easterlies are bad, as that favours where most live.

Posted

That's a great site by the way. Thanks!

Thank you! 

Posted

Another cool, cloudy meh sort of day with a chilly breeze and spots of drizzle. 12c max.

Posted

Animation for tonight and tomorrow across Wales available at http://cymruweather.webs.com/animation 

Posted

You can check the latest forecast for today (Wednesday) and Thursday at http://cymruweather.webs.com/

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

So wintry showers forcasted  for the Mountains for Thursday nice for the end of May!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Stinking Hellebores! I am so not impressed with this weather, hail, wind, rain, repeat and rinse. If this is shhh (whispers) globle wurming you can stick it where the sun don't shine, which today is mostly over my house .......Grrrrrr!

Posted

Glad I didn't take any notice of Bill Giles 20 years ago when he was prattling on about Mediterraenean summers...planting olives...France turning into a desert yadda yadda.

Longest day is less than a month away and here we are...rain with wet snowflakes mixed in and the temperature at a "roasting" 4.1c and a 1c windchill! Posted Image

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Disgusting weather for late May. We've currently got hail and the temp dropping fast. There hasn't been one evening this year where past six pm It's been comfortable to sit out in shirt sleeves....absolutely dire and only due to get worse I fear.

Posted

five consecutive pleasant days. 2 rubbish days and then another couple of pleasant days over the weekend. I can take that.

• Like 2

Posted

Weather for next 24hrs across the sub-regions of #Wales are now updated on the website! Check here for more info! http://cymruweather.webs.com/

Posted

Yes this cool theme continues right across Europe with bike racing called of in Italy in May due to heavy snow ,and with the jet stream stuck way south no end in sight to this cool/cold outlook.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22652522

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Finally back in Bridgend for the summer! Feel cool though at 12C and a fair amount of cloud around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Second day of appalling weather.  lasted til 4:00pm wearing woolly hat and mittens, two fleeces and puffa before the heating went on.  Blowing a hoolie once more and cheapo tomato placky greenhouse is probably in the land of Oz right now!