Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

wow the rain yesterday couldnt see when i was driving and then the thunder and lightening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Models are firming up on the path of Monday's severe weather and it looks like rain is definitely going to be the bigger concern in our part of the country than wind.

It will be windy and possibly quite stormy for a while as the winds veer NW when the depression clears the east coast but the worst certainly seems to be midlands' southwards and unless things change it will be no different for us than a typical autumn gale.

For once I'm hoping that this will be a southern event as I've had a few runs in with high winds in the past and dislike them more than probably any other type of potential "exciting" weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Models are firming up on the path of Monday's severe weather and it looks like rain is definitely going to be the bigger concern in our part of the country than wind.It will be windy and possibly quite stormy for a while as the winds veer NW when the depression clears the east coast but the worst certainly seems to be midlands' southwards and unless things change it will be no different for us than a typical autumn gale.For once I'm hoping that this will be a southern event as I've had a few runs in with high winds in the past and dislike them more than probably any other type of potential "exciting" weather.

Only change this morning is that, if anything the storm centre is slightly further south and less deep so we should certainly escape the worst of the winds.It will still be windy at times and almost certainly a wet drive to work in the morning but it's looking more likely that this is a southern event.

Posted

Only change this morning is that, if anything the storm centre is slightly further south and less deep so we should certainly escape the worst of the winds.It will still be windy at times and almost certainly a wet drive to work in the morning but it's looking more likely that this is a southern event.

Typical

Posted

Typical

IMO they can keep it and TBH it was always going to be that way.However some on the storm thread are starting to throw toys from prams now as current thinking is that it's being pushed even further south and that the downgrades may effect the vast majority darn sarf.Everyone to their own I suppose but I can't understand the fun in wishing for an event that could cause a major loss, be it financial or even worse.

Posted

Quite agree, I lived down south in 1986 and remember the devastation it caused, whole areas of woodland just flat, no power, blocked roads.  Give me a couple of feet of good old snow any day!!

Posted

IMO they can keep it and TBH it was always going to be that way.However some on the storm thread are starting to throw toys from prams now as current thinking is that it's being pushed even further south and that the downgrades may effect the vast majority darn sarf.Everyone to their own I suppose but I can't understand the fun in wishing for an event that could cause a major loss, be it financial or even worse.

I didnt want the damaging winds just a bit of interesting weather.

Posted

I didnt want the damaging winds just a bit of interesting weather.

You'll get the interesting weather tomorrow or possibly even today if these showers and thunderstorms get going.
  • Like 1

Posted

Typical

We were never in the firing line in the first place. We were very likely to miss the worst of the winds and that was evident quite a while back.

Posted

Quite agree, I lived down south in 1986 and remember the devastation it caused, whole areas of woodland just flat, no power, blocked roads.  Give me a couple of feet of good old snow any day!!

I remember a really bad storm in early January 1976 that completely flattened fences and sheds immediately around where I lived and took hundreds of slates from the roofs of ours and neighbouring houses and then during the Burns Day storm watched as a huge advertising hoarding missed my car by inches and wrote off the one on the other side of the road.These were genuinely frightening experiences and the reason why I dislike high winds.As you snow any day for me.

Posted

You'll get the interesting weather tomorrow or possibly even today if these showers and thunderstorms get going.

Oh scared of lightening puts me on edge lol. I dont like to be out in it but also feel on edge inside so i tend to stand at the front door with it open obviously.. it makes my neighbours laugh anywsy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Yeah it has here and the crazy neighbours are up in their conifers chainsawing the trees down!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wind seems to be gradually getting stronger here. Sky darkening - maybe we in for a bit of thunder. I do like a good storm !!⚡☔

Posted

Thought the winds eased of but now their back gusting quite string at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I know Davemac82 wont want to hear thisPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image , but yet again, a southward correction has occurred, scuppering severe weather, for anyone not up on what you need to see, just before the winter start (and yes I know this is an atlantic storm and totally different setup to a continental flow with high pressure to the North), but as a rough guide we need to see any scandi / Icelandic high very far North with the southern flank of any low no further south than Cumbria at 7 days out and about Derbyshire with 5 days out, we want to see it over Birmingham 48 hours out (this specifically applies to the GFS but not exclusively), just a guide for newbies who want to see a belting Easterly deliver for this region in winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Just been up the garden to do the animals and what a surprise, hardly any wind and just a little rain - much better than I expected, I love extreme weather but not when it's dark!!

Posted

Raining but not as bad as i thought it would be no thunder or lightening either which is good as i dont like it .

Posted

Looks like our part of the storm went pretty much to plan.

Little in the way of wind but plenty in the way of rain.

TBH i think the Met O handled this storm well and although some in the region didn't get what they wanted, they certainly got what was expected.

Back to the present and the clearance has brought some cooler air with it.

Currently 7c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

We did escape the storm but we didn't escape the rain. As I type it is really heavy here now.

Edited by pip22

Posted

We did escape the storm but we didn't escape the rain. As I type it is really heavy here now.

Dry here but cool at 6.2c.

Possibly looking at a touch of grass frost at this rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Posted Image  deleted...

Edited by pip22