Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

After the shocking Dec 2010 who would of thought the following Winter months would give us some fantastic mild weather to enjoy, in fact February was like a pre 2008 Winter month Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sunshine and showers looking likely on Monday.

Typical September weather really although quite scarce over recent years.

Posted

mild dull day yawwwn.

And the forecast for the next five days?

Meh.

This says it all really:

post-2612-0-85368500-1380010709_thumb.jp

Actually, it is a teensy bit brighter today.

Posted

quite a warm day dont like it though as the sun isnt as high up at this time of year so it doesnt get my garden as good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see the sun was delivered on time.

Just a shame that it was obviously delivered to the wrong address and what I was hoping to be cutting the grass in bright sunshine turned out be thick cloud and even the odd spot of rain.

17c and 80% humidity certainly feels warm and muggy though.

Posted

A bit of a waste of an easterly but other than that, what a fantastic days weather.

16.6c here, could be better but it beats the damp cloudy crap of earlier in the week and long may it continue.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Take a look at this interesting headline: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436109/Scotland-braced-for-worst-winter-in-decades

It says

''Experts warned of a shivering weekend ahead with the first long-range forecasts warning of “record breaking snowfall†next month. Heavy wintry showers are expected to cause widespread chaos with below-average winter temperatures possibly lingering until February.

The long range forecasters blamed the position of a fast-flowing band of air known as the jet stream near to Britain and high pressure for the extreme conditions which will include strong winds and blizzards.''

“There is also a high-risk scenario that we will experience a scenario similar to December 2010 or much worse at times especially in January. This is likely to produce major disruption to the public transport network and school closures.â€

Just found it out on tomorrow's papers, sky news.

Chance of that is gonna happen: 0%. Hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Take a look at this interesting headline: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436109/Scotland-braced-for-worst-winter-in-decades It says''Experts warned of a shivering weekend ahead with the first long-range forecasts warning of “record breaking snowfall†next month. Heavy wintry showers are expected to cause widespread chaos with below-average winter temperatures possibly lingering until February.The long range forecasters blamed the position of a fast-flowing band of air known as the jet stream near to Britain and high pressure for the extreme conditions which will include strong winds and blizzards.'' â€œThere is also a high-risk scenario that we will experience a scenario similar to December 2010 or much worse at times especially in January. This is likely to produce major disruption to the public transport network and school closures.†Just found it out on tomorrow's papers, sky news. Chance of that is gonna happen: 0%. Hope I'm wrong though.

The Express wheels this story out every autumn so one year they will be right I suppose.I haven't seen it myself but no doubt the usual suspect of James Madden will be quoted and he is currently shouting about a winter which will put the other record breakers to shame.The Jury's out until April and, although highly unlikely, this maybe their year but based on as little science as they've probably used, I'm going for an average one. Safest way really but I won't sell many papers with that.
  • Like 1

Posted

temp 13c here feels a lot colder though in the wind

We're at 10.7c and that's probably the limit for today.On top of that it's been drizzling on and off throughout the day up here.A thoroughly miserable day really and typical for that no mans land period between summer and winter.

Posted

Not been in here for awhile, winter must be knocking on the door :)

Persistent drizzle pushed on by a keen north easterly wind lining up a ribbon band of precipitation which looks like it will stay for awhile.  Get one of these lows in the North Sea come mid-winter even we might do okay from it with regards to wintry stuff.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

They (Daily Express) are now predicting rain and gales until end of this year now.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436541/UK-weather-Now-it-s-going-to-rain-heavily-till-Christmas

They are so indecisive. They don't know what to predict this winter.

Maybe we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Posted

They (Daily Express) are now predicting rain and gales until end of this year now. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436541/UK-weather-Now-it-s-going-to-rain-heavily-till-Christmas They are so indecisive. They don't know what to predict this winter. Maybe we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

High pressure to the north, southerly tracking lows dumping plenty of rain across the country.All they need now is the temperature to drop by several degrees and their worst winter in 100 years is on the cards.I'll wait until later in the week when they forecast record high temperatures for this winter before i get the sledge out.
  • Like 1

Posted

Crap weather? There is always the chance of a major storm or two. Mild weather isn't always crap. I do agree with you that the weather is quite crap because obviously there is no storms or record flooding to forecast. The weather is just too quiet.

Storms don't even have to form from an ex-hurricane. A perfect storm could form from an ordinary atlantic low if the certain conditions are perfect.

Posted Image

Edited by pip22

Posted

Crap weather? There is always the chance of a major storm or two. Mild weather isn't always crap. I do agree with you that the weather is quite crap because obviously there is no storms or record flooding to forecast. The weather is just too quiet.

Storms don't even have to form from an ex-hurricane. A perfect storm could form from an ordinary atlantic low if the certain conditions are perfect.

Posted Image

still crap quiet weather even you agree.

Posted

still crap quiet weather even you agree.

I blame the crap and mild weather on the El Nino. It maybe has something to do about it.

example: Winter of 2006-07. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Ni%C3%B1o

Edited by pip22

Posted

Never did the phrase Red sky at morning, shepherds warning seem more true than today.

The most amazing red and orange colours at sunrise followed the heaviest rain and strongest winds we've had around here for several weeks.

Coincidence that Northwest Tonight are on about the dawn colours just now.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Currently got lightening and thunder in liverpool

Posted

This is from BBC NW news on 2nd December 2008 on the snowfalls that struck parts of the region

I'm pretty sure that we got a decent dumping from that event, over 6 inches but that the 2nd round never really materialised and the threatened depths up here were actually no more than about 3-4 inches max.Either way though, after so many winters of mild mush this was the start of a period where we started to believe that heavy snow and perishing cold were not actually extinct.

Posted

hearing thunder here. Its raining pretty moderate and its got really dark here right now.

Update: Very heavy rain here. getting scary.

it is gonna clear now and it is going to be a great rainbow as the sun sets.

Edited by pip22