Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar

dallas

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

On mobile phone v4 was great and favourites could be saved, no longer able to, also the map is too small and cannot be enlarged. Don't like the mobile version for same reasons, v6 very awkward lo handle due to map position changing as you attempt lo navigate the page. Thanks.

Due to finding the mobile version unworkable I am back to met office radar, just need it to be zoomable, or be able to use v4 on it. Another deterrent is that it is not remembering my details so prompts for log in each time, a real pain on a mobile, and that its not saving my postcode favourites.

Posted

Hi Tony, the login system hasn't been changed and does allow the details to be saved, so it's more likely to be a browser setting stopping them saving, perhaps at some point the 'don't remember' option was clicked accidentally - this can be changed back within the browser settings. 

In terms of V6 on mobile, there's space to scroll on the right hand side of the screen, so swiping down the right end will scroll the page without moving the map. Favourite postcodes are due to be added to the mobile version of the v4 radar shortly :)

Posted

Thanks Paul If I swipe it moves the map away from where I want it. Justnoticed it also lacks accumulation.

Posted

Ok I am getting the swipe mastered! Can only see the one overlay choice though, I like to have pressure and 850s to track movement.

Posted

On the V6 accum is in there on mobile, it'll soon be on the v4 mobile too. Should be a few overlays on the v6 too - clicking should bring up a menu when on mobile. 

Posted

There are overlays but only one at a time, v4 has two, and there is no 850 wind.

Posted

Happy with v6 on my mobile but is there a way for this to open as it always defaults to mobile version? ,Also there is no option asking to remember password on log in. Thanks Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

As I was saying Paul even leaving the radar page on my htc logs me off, let alone the settings do not save. Would prefer an option to default to v6 its quite a process to enter that from v4. Thanks once more.

Posted

Hi Tony, it sounds like you may have cookies disabled on your browser as the settings are saving ok on mobile at this end. Which link are you following to the radar? All as far as I'm aware should take you in to the v6 as default.

Posted

Thanks Paul, cookies active just playing around with bookmarks now...

Posted

...success I think? Did a new bookmark of the v6 tagged to find it, phone on and off, opened the bookmark, hey presto straight into v6 radar. Here is hoping you get 850 wind vector as an option in the near future, best for tracking precip I find. Ta Paul.

Edited by TonyH