Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Time for another thread. Please carry on your rants here I'm hoping to see most of you out of here by next year at least ! myself included. Posted Image

Posted

sorry to see you still in no storm club

I am hoping to get a storm by the end of next week Stu, keep your fingers crossed me lol.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Rant Rant Rant.....

Still no storm in Hatfield for months....so tired of seeing storms everywhere else. Now it looks like Weds storm possibilities are going to be pushing up from France into the extreme south coast but will they come up as far as me...I doubt it....Bored now. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well we had a thundery shower in Norwich a couple of weeks ago which I was lucky enough to film. But, I want a storm that lasts for at least an hour before I consider myself out of the club. Preferably at night.......with bags of CG lightning......and the lights flickering.......and everyone in the street is awake. Oh happy days. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Well we had a thundery shower in Norwich a couple of weeks ago which I was lucky enough to film. But, I want a storm that lasts for at least an hour before I consider myself out of the club. Preferably at night.......with bags of CG lightning......and the lights flickering.......and everyone in the street is awake. Oh happy days. Posted Image

Its the 'No Storms Club' not the 'No Supercells Club'
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I have never seen the No Storms Club have to extend into a second thread in a year before!

2012 must be bad.

Kick me out of the club if you have to as I have had thunder on 7 days this year.

But these were ALL passing thundery showers and no event lasted more than 20 minutes, and each event yielded thunder ranging from only one to seven claps. I have still not had a 'proper' storm lasting an hour or more since 28th June 2011. 'That' day this year was a tremendous disappointment and the prelude to a certain part of the country - which is normally not known for high levels of thundery activity - you know who you are! - to have a chain of excitement in the form of regular thunderstorms while the S.E. constantly misses out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I have never seen the No Storms Club have to extend into a second thread in a year before!

2012 must be bad.

Kick me out of the club if you have to as I have had thunder on 7 days this year.

But these were ALL passing thundery showers and no event lasted more than 20 minutes, and each event yielded thunder ranging from only one to seven claps. I have still not had a 'proper' storm lasting an hour or more since 28th June 2011. 'That' day this year was a tremendous disappointment and the prelude to a certain part of the country - which is normally not known for high levels of thundery activity - you know who you are! - to have a chain of excitement in the form of regular thunderstorms while the S.E. constantly misses out.

Get out and close the door on the way haha!

In all seriousness, I've not even had a proper thundery shower this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Hope you get something thundery soon, CreweCold.

SB.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yup still in here.. I never thought Leeds was big enough for one part of the city to get a thunderstorm but other parts not.. but I guess it is, because that's exactly what has happened so far.

Posted

So typical - just watched the lightning overlay on the NW extra radar. Over the last four hours there was one hell of a lot of lightning to the east of me about four hours again and then and hour later one hell of a lot of lightning to the west of me!!!! What did I do so wrong that I just got the torrential rain? Not even a distant rumble. Huff. Not fair!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

So typical - just watched the lightning overlay on the NW extra radar. Over the last four hours there was one hell of a lot of lightning to the east of me about four hours again and then and hour later one hell of a lot of lightning to the west of me!!!! What did I do so wrong that I just got the torrential rain? Not even a distant rumble. Huff. Not fair!

Same story here!

2012 has been the most dissapointing year for storms in Dorset, 2011 wasnt much better either. Used to get plenty of storms here back in 1990s and early 2000s but hardly any these days... sort it out mother nature!! Posted Image

Posted

Oh dear. The epitomy of sheer irony. Posted Image

Happened to me in September 2008. The floods that occured in Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire. Now I hadn't seen a storm throughout that Summer here in Solihull. But on the day one DID arrive, I was either on my way to, or was already in Exmouth for a weeks holiday.

I only found out when I came back and my youinger Brother said to me, you missed it? I said missed what? He said a thunderstorm on the afternoon you left for Devon.

My initial reaction was, (and understandably...) "AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!"

So I share your pain there QuantumSnow. Fancy a beer or something stronger? I don't care if it's not quite beer o'clock yet but somewhere on the planet, it is. That's my theory anyway. Cheers.

Phil.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still not heard a rumble of thunder since July 2011, definitely the longest in my 52 years!

Posted

Well, after another moan yesterday, I'M OUTTA HERE! Storm from 400-4.30 today. Biblical rain & whilst not continuous thunder, there was enough to make it more than just a thundery shower. Hope Crewe Cold got some of this too, it seemed to be a trough as much as an isolated storm. Byeeeee.

By the way guys, sorry but I've emptied the fridge of all the remaining beer, I need to celebrate!

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well, after another moan yesterday, I'M OUTTA HERE! Storm from 400-4.30 today. Biblical rain & whilst not continuous thunder, there was enough to make it more than just a thundery shower. Hope Crewe Cold got some of this too, it seemed to be a trough as much as an isolated storm. Byeeeee.

By the way guys, sorry but I've emptied the fridge of all the remaining beer, I need to celebrate!

One flash of lightning and close boom of thunder- ordinarily that wouldn't really be enough to get out of here BUT it's good enough for me given the context of the last 15 months or so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This year is by far the WORST year for storms I have ever experienced. Even last year was better. This is just ridiculous! Made even worse by the fact that places so close to here have had amazing storms this year. definitely a postcode thing.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well everyone keeps saying that EA in general is the storm capital of England. Trouble is no bu**er told Mother Nature that. âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Living where i do..i get anywhere between 20 -50 storms per year...just thought i would rub it inPosted Image

Posted

Coventry just had its first proper thunderstorm since I moved here in May last year! The storms of June 28th just missed us here, producing distant thunder and about 5 minutes of very torrential rain. This time the thundershower passed overhead, and I saw a flash of lightning (as well as heard plenty of close thunder) and the rain was again torrential.

While this year hasn't been anything too remarkable for storms, it's been a darn sight better than last year (not that that's very hard -- 2011 was beyond pathetic)... both because I've heard a lot more thunder (including the two most notable events, June 28th and today) and because I went back to visit my family in Canada for two weeks, and saw a handful of storms while there. :)

Posted

Roll call everyone ! is anyone still here? Posted Image ... who got a storm today then ? I got one and am sooo pleased.Posted ImagePosted Image even had a close thunderbolt. So happy I finally got a storm after 7 whole years.Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 5