Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still thick here, but some green patches now appearing on them hill exposed to the wind. Fully expecting this to still be with us in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well, I had no idea what it was like as 9am this morning, but the landscape is vastly green again. A few snow patches in gardens, and one of the fields behind me house is totally covered still, and there are snow piles in people's drive ways.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Looks like it could be another bad week for TESCO. After the recent debacle with the horse meat burgers, tests have now

found that their Welsh lamb contains human DNA. laugh.png

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Looks like it could be another bad week for TESCO. After the recent debacle with the horse meat burgers, tests have now

found that their Welsh lamb contains human DNA. laugh.png

eww :)

Posted

The River Aire in central Leeds has burst its banks - not surprising really, but it's started to fall again. There was a lot of water around recently, it sounded like there was monsoonal rain yesterday morning, but it was only all the water running down my roof and into the drains thanks to snow melt.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

The porter brook in sheffield was high yesterday. Not overflowing but a raging torrent compared to its normal flow

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like the end of the week should see high pressure close to the south west which i suggest may not be bad for us in Yorkshire because the Pennines should deal with some of the cloud and so i'd expect spells of sunshine and a reasonable 5-10C.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

MAJOR Hail Lightning / Thunder storm here. Came from nowhere, got visibility down to 50m and lightning every minute.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have to say, I don't mind Atlantic-driven spells when they are wild like this- unpleasant to be out in perhaps, but certainly not boring! Just been underneath a squall line with some very gusty winds and heavy rain.

Posted

Some of the minor roads over the moors are still blocked by drifts but I'd expect they should get to them tomorrow.

It's been cold and windy again today but since the squally rain (6mm) it is getting milder at 5.4C now.

Posted

Just had a flash of lightning here with some thunder

Ditto

Posted

Oh no, we're missing the storms already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Very interesting story about 1953 floods high tides storm surge for us in lincolnshire just been on inside out

Posted

100% when I left for London this morning and about 75% in the garden now and more than this in other parts of the village.

A lot of this is down to location, a N-S fairly deep valley, quite well protected from the wind and rain the past couple of days.

This morning the cover extended about 3 miles to the South and maybe 2 to the East and hard to tell to the West and impossible to see North. But tonight driving back (yes it's dark, but the moon was out!)there was almost nothing until dropping down into the village.

An interesting location this, so keen to see what's left when I wake up.

Wife said there was thunder about 6 pm as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can see what looks like a heavy hail shower just to the north, which is producing a fair number of sferics according to the N-W radar, though haven't heard any thunder from it yet.

Posted

For the past week the GFS has said wall to wall sunshine this afternoon.. it's just stopped raining!

Posted

My snow pile has eventually disappeared! Recorded temp of 13.9C last night at 19.30!

Some very squally showers about today. Had a real heavy one about an hour ago and sure i heard a rumble of thunder. The anemometers knackered on my station but my wheelie bin ended up 3 doors up the street. Nearest Met station at Fylingdales recorded a 56mph gust and Bridlington 54mph.

More showers incoming now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Just has some very strong gusts, knocked the power out for the whole town for about 10 mins or so.

Posted

I didn't catch any rumbles of thunder in the end, but there have certainly been some squally showers about and there was evidence of lightning-related interference with radio signals.

Very windy at the moment- windiest it's been all day!

Posted

We had two intense lightning strikes, seemed to explode just above your head..earpopping pressure ! And the thunder made the house shake... Brilliant!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/30/basis12/ukuk/prty/13020112_3012.gif

Just into the zone any further south and nowt.Wonder what the wrap round may bring later?