Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all. Looks like we just had rain here last night. A steady thaw going on now in the sunshine. It looks like a glorious day out there, and I for one am looking forward to spring now. I hate the ice that the aftermath of snow creates.

Temp here currently 5.6c with a light breeze and blue skies. Lovely. :)

Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing.

Posted

I know it probably sounds like a spoilt brat attitude but unless its real cold and ice days I actually prefer milder winter weather. This is why winters like 2009 and 10 in recent memory were great to me because I like the snowand ice to really stick around for a long time where as in my location although of course it was cold and we did get a few good falls the thaw started as soon as the snow stopped really. Least won't have to fork out ridiculous prices for heating in the next week or so. Always an upside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

I have a very important flight on 7th March, I hope any severe blast does not start just before that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Well, we had some rain through the night but no snow. It's thawing nicely now and it's sunny and quite spring-like with lovely blue sky and a gentle breeze.

Enjoy your week-end whatever you are doing. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Glorious sunshine and blue skies. Perfect.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all,

I was fully prepared to look out this morning and see green grass but there is actually a surprising amount of snow still here given that last night was mostly sleety rain with a few big blobs of snow mixed in !

It's not going to last long though it's 3 degrees already and blue sky and sunshine....hopefully the slushy stage will be over quickly like Steve it's my least favourite part.

Unless we are going to be lucky enough to see significant snow in February my chosen weather would be days like today, fresh and dry...

Enjoy your weekend folks good.gif

It's a beautiful day. Snow sparkling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

My 18th birthday party was a disaster due to snoe 12/2/91 just wondering what my 40th has in store in a couple if weeks

Posted

My 18th birthday party was a disaster due to snoe 12/2/91 just wondering what my 40th has in store in a couple if weeks

Yes that was some snow as the following day was my birthday and I was off to Stansted for the college trip to the 'USSR'!!

Posted

7.6c on the Costa Del Southend. And beautiful sunshine.

Anyone for a BBQ?

Edited by Shrimper

Guest bjaykent

Well a very pleasant 7c at the moment, time for a swim in the Thames I think not! debatable which would kill me first the cold or the pollution. Might even clean the car today, forgotten what colour its meant to be. Looking forward to some milder days for a while.dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Snow now melting although warm in the sunshine it feels fresh in the wind.

Interesting article about Sweden, I wonder if we will feel the effects of this if it happens, nice NE

http://www.thelocal....3/#.UQPZXvIoZ8F

GP has said look to the North East and I believe Sweden is to the north and east of us, here's hoping...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

7.6c on the Costa Del Southend. And beautiful sunshine.

Anyone for a BBQ?

You supply the boose and I'll bring the kebabs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Snow now melting although warm in the sunshine it feels fresh in the wind.

Interesting article about Sweden, I wonder if we will feel the effects of this if it happens, nice NE

http://www.thelocal.se/45778/20130123/#.UQPZXvIoZ8F

Wow great pics in there of the December blizzard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

I dont think many people can complain to mch about this cold spell as most saw snow at some point or another some more than others but lying snow all the same , wth last sunday being quite special for the majority, i can understand that after the last 3/4 winters peoples expectations have been raised somewhat, but please remember we had nearly a decade of crap ,snowless winters from 97-07, and we have been fairly spoilt for going on 5 years now again wth most seeing lying snow at some point through the respective winters ..

The key ingriedient in terms of missing in this cold spell was cold itself, yes we had snow ,but for some it was marginal and thawed at quite a rate during the day due to temps mostly above freezing and only hovering around at night so the thaw was constant ongoing day and night although slow , wth no real top up..

So we should be gratefull we got what we did and look forward to the next cold spell, and pray for the Real Beast which in all honesty we havent really seen since 91"

wth the really low daytime and nighttime temps that went wth it that was an Epic cold spell as far as low tempratures are concerned.. for this region.

no im not dimissing 09",10",11",12",, but i never had snow up to my knees and frozen pipes(FOR 8 DAYS} in either of those winters, i did in 91"

Hears to Febuaryclapping.gif

Guest bjaykent

I have a very important flight on 7th March, I hope any severe blast does not start just before that

Just checked weather for that day red warning 15cm of snow an hour all day. Oh no ignore that it was only one of your forecastsrofl.gif I am sure you will be fine. don't let the weather rule your life, he said with an involuntary twitch, must check up the date for my next appointment with the weather addiction psychiatrist sorry.gif

Everyone have fun for the rest of the day.

Posted

Just taken the boys for a walk to Earlswood Lakes and the slush! Surprisingly the lakes were still around 80% frozen with the occasional swan falling in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just seen this on another thread so thought I'd copy it in here, shows that the snow line is right at the southern point of our region.

http://lance-modis.e...6.terra.1km.jpg

Posted

Snowing really hard now; must be at least 5cm in the last couple of hours.

Sorry, just fancied writing that as it beats saying it's dry, sunny and milder, plus it's going to be at least two weeks before I can say it again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I do think these swirly weather things are very impressive. Swirly Weather Thing. I hope my posts are not too technical for some of the newbies on here.

Did you mean Rebecca. Apparently, she only lives 7 miles from me!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Pavement still very icy here,i can see bits of my grass now,