Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 22nd January 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hammond seems to think it will be more distruptive snow than we have had all week and he rain is for Sunday

Good old John Hammond! One of my favourite forecasters at the BBC, plus he likes the snow!

Posted

I couldn't agree more mate! Even if we see a few hours of snow falling, before turning to rain, it was good while it lasted. Plus its better than having rain all the way anyway, i have 10cm here still so any additional snow will pile on, though expected it to all be gone as we head into next week... :)

Exactly mate.

John Hammond is really ramping a major snow event for Friday including this region, warnings will be updated today he said.

Posted

John Hammond is really ramping a major snow event for Friday including this region, warnings will be updated today he said.

I'm sure he's onto something, but as a pure guesser, I can't see it as he paints it currently. Love to be proven wrong though :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

New thread time.....

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

here you go.....

locking this one now !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Ok, just applied visual test here in Anerley, looking ENE from here you can normally see the lights on Shooters Hill, I'm pleased to say they've faded from view, which suggests some heavier ppn falling between here and Bexleyheath, will keep a close watch on lamppost now.

Anybody on from Bex/Heath/ Dartford way?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I wasn't on line last night, but we had the lightest of dustings (on the top of cars only) when I got up this morning in Bexleyheath.

On the train to London, I noticed that Welling, Falconwood and Eltham seemed to have got the main snow showers - about 1/4cm covering on the ground/roofs