Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

If friday's huge band of precip is snow I dont know whether to be happy or not. On the one hands, lots of snow ! on the other hand, so much for my new car being delivered!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

GFS downgraded the warming for the weekend! dropped by 9c!

I've gotta be honest mate, the models are changing Friday/Saturday's forecasts every run. One run it's a snowfest, the next run it's flooding...

I'm expecting it to be rain i'm afraid :( I'd love to be wrong though. Just can't see the Atlantic being held off enough for us to have another dumping of snow.

Posted

Local radio say we're in for significant snow Friday afternoon/evening. So, thats confirmation. No snow Friday. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Snow thawing quite a bit this morning in Nottingham sad.png BBC East Midlands weather forecasted snow for us on Friday, but personally I think it'll be rain or a snow to rain event. We never normally fair well when it's marginal and the mild is coming in! I hope I'm wrong though!

Would loved to have had some of what they got in Somerset and Wales last night, wow, it was teaming down. Lucky, lucky peeps!

Really not looking forward to the weekend and seeing everywhere without the snow and ice! Hope it is just a brief mild spell and the cold returns quickly...

Posted

Temp +1.5c last night now @ +0.1c and a little sleet.....Thaw continuing. This is one of the crappiest cold spells ever here.,

Posted

Snow thawing quite a bit this morning in Nottingham sad.png BBC East Midlands weather forecasted snow for us on Friday, but personally I think it'll be rain or a snow to rain event. We never normally fair well when it's marginal and the mild is coming in! I hope I'm wrong though!

Would loved to have had some of what they got in Somerset and Wales last night, wow, it was teaming down. Lucky, lucky peeps!

Really not looking forward to the weekend and seeing everywhere without the snow and ice! Hope it is just a brief mild spell and the cold returns quickly...

If you look at the ecm model am pretty sure that suggests quite a bit if snow for most of england friday into saturday!!so fingers crossed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

If you look at the ecm model am pretty sure that suggests quite a bit if snow for most of england friday into saturday!!so fingers crossed!!

Will definitely be keeping everything crossed Shaky and hope it is still about on Saturday so I can get out with my camera! drinks.gifgood.gif

Posted

Latest BBC forecast giving out significant snow for much of us on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Light snow in Earl Shilton. Temp +0.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Had a fabulous walk in the snow at home yesterday (near Tutbury) fields & fields with nothing but animal & bird foot prints & deep snow drifts. The snow was a dry as heaps of sugar, it was actually dazzling me wow ! woke today to a little extra dusting but at work now in Tamworth & pretty heavy snow now falling. I don't want to think about the mild arriving at the weekend to take it all away.............cray.gif

Posted

Light snow here in Newark, looks like some temporarily moderate snow is on it's way too, just hitting Nottingham now.

Posted

light snow falling here in the centre of Nottingham, didn't expect that today

FC

Posted

East Midlands

Further snowfall is likely as another weather front moves across the UK from the Atlantic. 2-5 cm is possible quite widely with 10 cm or more locally and over high ground. Strong winds will also lead to drifting, particularly over higher level roads in the north.

The public should be aware of possible disruption, particularly to travel.