Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 00z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

ppn seems to have stooled on the front and bunching up!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

There have been some reports of a drop in temp as the ppn approaches - I would expect Cardiff and Bristol to be snow - we've already had snow showers earlier and temp and dew points are down from then. Maybe the uppers not quite cold enough - certainly looks all snow over Exmoor:

220113.png

Thanks for including my area Kumquat, because you have said that I hope you get snow too!

Posted

ppn pepping up on the right hand side of the band going back into channel islands - is this supposed to wrap around as the low spins?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Hey there. Is there something building around the Birmingham area that is appearing on radar? It seems to be heading in the region of lincs and east yorks.

Also that area of ppn in the south west. Is that to stay down in that neck of the woods or head north or north east?

Posted

Hi Lincstim - I noticed that ppn on the radar "Growing" out of nowhere on the radar over Birmingham! The SW stuff isn't supposed to go too far north but what we are seeing now isn't what was forecast. The models were all showing different for this event down here and this ppn is way ahead of schedule. Here's Ian F's last tweet that highlights the uncertainty even from the Met O:

Latest from Ian on twitter Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

W COUNTRY One last tweet: given showery precipitation is already nearly at Chard up to Taunton, frankly ANYTHING could now happen overnight! also followed by latest mod frames already some way off-base even at 00z. Nowcast gig all-round hereon in...tricky one for the Exeter folk.

Posted

Hi Lincstim - I noticed that ppn on the radar "Growing" out of nowhere on the radar over Birmingham! The SW stuff isn't supposed to go too far north but what we are seeing now isn't what was forecast. The models were all showing different for this event down here and this ppn is way ahead of schedule. Here's Ian F's last tweet that highlights the uncertainty even from the Met O:

Hey Kumquat,

Am I right in saying that this band of PPN approaching from the SW is supposed to stall and then pivot? Before heading south again? It seems that the precip is a little more NE than expected, putting us in a very good position I would have thought?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Im bloody knackered and thought about going to sleep but with the front now so close to frome i just want to see one massive deluge within 20minute window.

Posted

Well here's hoping your areas get what you want from this front. And then please pass it our way ;)

It just seems to be on a similar path to that ppn (that's appearing our of thin air which I really don't understand as this is all very new to me) over the brum area. It also seems to be moving at a fast speed !!!

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

Well here's hoping your areas get what you want from this front. And then please pass it our way tease.gif

It just seems to be on a similar path to that ppn (that's appearing our of thin air which I really don't understand as this is all very new to me) over the brum area. It also seems to be moving at a fast speed !!!

I dont think its going to reach that far north, Im afraid.

Posted

No I really don't either! I'm just more bemused about that area around brum appearing out of nowhere. How does this occur I'm very new to looking at weather

Posted

Hey Kumquat,

Am I right in saying that this band of PPN approaching from the SW is supposed to stall and then pivot? Before heading south again? It seems that the precip is a little more NE than expected, putting us in a very good position I would have thought?

Not sure BB sorry.gif I don't think things were progged to move in this fast so I'm not sure if it's a Brucy Bonus before tomorrow's "event" or what? I don't think there's very much clarity at all on this one!. May get a nice dusting out of it in our neck of the woods quite soon though!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Panayiotis, January 22, 2013 - Wrong thread
Hidden by Panayiotis, January 22, 2013 - Wrong thread

Raining here now, mixed in with some flakes :( hope it turns to snow later!

Posted

Not sure BB sorry.gif I don't think things were progged to move in this fast so I'm not sure if it's a Brucy Bonus before tomorrow's "event" or what? I don't think there's very much clarity at all on this one!. May get a nice dusting out of it in our neck of the woods quite soon though!

Would be brilliant if this was just a nice little taster before the main stuff arrives. Yeah not far away now, potential for a few cm's :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Weird, radar has snow over frome but nothing falling from the sky.

Posted

Sky looks a snowy colour here though nothing falling yet.

Surprised Mark, looks like it's right over you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Heavy rain/sleet here, more rain than sleet!