Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Snow finally stopped here lasting longer than predicted.

Posted

post-16459-0-92771800-1358769522_thumb.jpost-16459-0-38520200-1358769572_thumb.j

Couple from the front and back gardens. Not measured it yet tho!

I thought they were having heatwaves in Australia.

Posted

Temp is -0.5c with a dew point of -1.5c with more snow falling,but it will clear away pretty soon now.

Have you looked on the radar in the SE corner? looks like an area of ppn is moving NW that will hit lincolnshire to leeds later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Just want to say theres a lot of posts this morning that i really want to like, but with being up all night and getting far too giddy with the snowfest i

seem to have been very frivolous with the like button until a pop up told me i had reached my daily quota, by 6:30am.

Great posts this morning hearing of everyones totals, and amazing pics showing local views of the snow, its been an awesome morning and i've really

enjoyed it so thankyou everyone good.gif The likes are on me.

Now its bed time, got work tonight and 22hrs on snow watch has done me in. Laters lazy.gif

Posted

Have you looked on the radar in the SE corner? looks like an area of ppn is moving NW that will hit lincolnshire to leeds later?

Definitely something to keep an eye on that is for sure.

Posted

Just want to say theres a lot of posts this morning that i really want to like, but with being up all night and getting far too giddy with the snowfest i

seem to have been very frivolous with the like button until a pop up told me i had reached my daily quota, by 6:30am.

Great posts this morning hearing of everyones totals, and amazing pics showing local views of the snow, its been an awesome morning and i've really

Now its bed time, got work tonight and 22hrs on snow watch has done me in. Laters lazy.gif

I'm not that bad that I'd sit up for 22 hours on snow watch :) good night! er, morning, er afternoon!! good.giflazy.gif

Posted

Now that's hardcore, glad you got lot's of snow good.gif

Posted

Couple of pics:

first a measure...

then of course a snowy scene...

height makes so much difference in this cold spell to the depth of snow only a few cm on south coast here but the hills behind my house at only about 300 ft at least 6 inches which is for great sledging 'same for everywhere it seems

Posted

Bloody hell! And I thought I liked the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Good afternoon folks ! Well that was a good snowfall - were'nt it ? Main band cleared here after leaving 12cm on the drive. Hoping that something comes over us later this evening BUT really we must not complain..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Morning all... good 12-14cm of fresh snow here over the past 12 hours so I'll see if I can post pics on my phone showing things here. Gotta say I love it when its like this, all the trees and bushes covered in it!

Oh and when are you buying everyone those free drinks adam-lufc? Champagne to celebrate for me I think lol!

BBpost-7351-0-71522200-1358771585_thumb.jppost-7351-0-68549400-1358771640_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

HaHa, i like to make the most of it and get a good fix, it could be another year now or perish the thought, another two. Thats frightening thought to go to bed on.

Cheers everyone, and thanks again good.gif

Posted

height makes so much difference in this cold spell to the depth of snow only a few cm on south coast here but the hills behind my house at only about 300 ft at least 6 inches which is for great sledging 'same for everywhere it seems

yeah, a bit of elevation always helps :)

I should have added that the tree in the background where I measured actually overhangs slightly, so that may have shielded it too!

Posted

Morning all... good 12-14cm of fresh snow here over the past 12 hours so I'll see if I can post pics on my phone showing things here. Gotta say I love it when its like this, all the trees and bushes covered in it!

Oh and when are you buying everyone those free drinks adam-lufc? Champagne to celebrate for me I think lol!

BBpost-7351-0-71522200-1358771585_thumb.jppost-7351-0-68549400-1358771640_thumb.jp

oh yeah, forgot about that. since I've got him on ignore, I forfeit my drink though, only fair I suppose

nice pics!!

Posted

Hi all, just calling in to report the snow depth for Wakefield, which for me is 10cm.

Did better than expected! Was expecting maybe 3cm at the most.

Doesn't look like we'll be seeing much melt til Thurs at least.

Cheers!

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Mod-heavy snow again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

What do you guys think are the prospects for the rest of the day???

Clearing up, no more snow. Just cold nights

Posted

Coming down again here

Temp dropped from 1.1oc to 0.8oc

dripping has stopped and slush where people have walked seems harder