Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Pretty much slowing down now, very fine, now and again a decent size flake will fall, an amazing day will measure final depth as soon as it properly stops but must be towards 8cm now

Posted

Never let it be said you cannot make an Igloo with 7cm of Snow. And a good old Patriotic Snowman as well with the Golden Jubilee furnishings

post-24-0-71431700-1358710729_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-09460700-1358710753_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-63550600-1358710781_thumb.jpg

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Never let it be said you cannot make an Igloo with 7cm of Snow. And a good old Patriotic Snowman as well with the Golden Jubilee furnishings

post-24-0-71431700-1358710729_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-09460700-1358710753_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-63550600-1358710781_thumb.jpg

Paul S

Love this!!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Surrey has earned every right to be talked about in the same breath as John Pike and Steve Murr

He said that the precip would back build and head back west again and looks like he has called it spot on

Even though the main front has moved off & the back edge is clear to the south & west- there seems to be enough energy to keep things going along the thames down into Slurrey-

Currently watching the blob over the estuary trying to suck it this way-

S

Posted

Still going here, but look like its on its last legs 10.6cms here.

The flashes I saw I don't believe where trains as there was a bang straight after and it was a ball of light at fairly low level, there 2 only seconds apart and we both saw it, seen plenty of train flashes and it was nothing like that, I thought it was an electrical explosion, but deep down I really haven't got a clue.

Posted

Time for a silly question, BB...Why have you only got one chair?

Ha! We have multiple chairs but only one that's in direct eyeline of the lamp post

Posted

because of the snow and cloud would the sparks from the trains going over the rail be reflected back

Third rail arcing, and believe me that will be horrendous tonight will reflect massively of the low cloud base and light up for miles. As skies clear the reflection will go and there will be less visible over such huge distances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Better look out of your window because the ppn which was moving away from our areas has actually pushed back and the snow is getting heavy again good.gif

Posted

Is the ppn out to the SW of Cornwall the stuff that could impact the SE tomorrow? It looks like it's getting itself organised quite nicely at the moment...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

School is open tomorrow cant go sledging with my daughter, bet it is the one only open in Essex

We usually find out our school is closed when it's about 8.30am. We never get early warnings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

still snowing in peckham rye- goodness knows what time it started this morning, but long before my vicious hangover and i awoke

did a rough measurement on a wall about 2 hours ago and there were at least 10cm then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well,what a day.Just come back from WHL where got a fully deserved draw with last minute goal against United!!2nd half played in blizzard and even around streets of WHL there is 2-2.5 inchs on ground and still going strong up there.As we came round M25 snow got lighter and it is tapering off here at Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders with temp of 0.1(got max of 1.2 today).Mind you there is about 11cm here so much better than Friday(shame i missed most of it!!)

COYS

Posted

Surrey has earned every right to be talked about in the same breath as John Pike and Steve Murr

He said that the precip would back build and head back west again and looks like he has called it spot on

You're not serious are you? This snow's getting to some people's heads!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

few points to make...

1. congrats to the 'authorities' for keeping all the major transport routes working so well. people are quick to criticise but you can bet there will be no news headlines full of praise...

2. If someone had told me to expect 20+ hrs of continuous snow between 8am last Friday and 8pm tonight, I'd have expected to be digging myself out.... Bit disappointing to only have had 6 inches!

3. Will we see more snow this week???

Posted

Hi all,

Yesterday. there were 'joke' photos being posted of a road dug out from VERY deep snow. I have gone back but it is taking too long to find one. If anyone can post one or tell me where to find one, I'll be grateful. Thanks

This?

post-10751-0-67326200-1358711408_thumb.j

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

You're not serious are you? This snow's getting to some people's heads!

He said that it would back build and that easterly s would shift that stuff from Belgium over to th south east, given the extraordinary scenes in Wallington and Croydon tonight and the fact the western edge had cleared those areas an hour ago how is he wrong?

The front is back building and looks like the stuff from Belgium is traveling through the estuary so more several inches of snow likely tonight IMHO from Croydon westwards to about Guildford

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Just measured in the places kids haven't ruined it lol

16 cm wow

What a brilliant snow day

Posted

The precip is definitely back building and heading west

If that stuff over Belgium arrives down the estuary could well be another 20cm from Kent to west Surrey