Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Lol, or an area of slightly heavier snow eh Jules?!

Nice to see a bit heavvier stuff just before it slips away from us smile.png

Slip away no way buddy I got the snow machine on full throttle at the moment help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's chucking it down with snow here. Simply amazing biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Certainly is, we've had about 3-4cm top up today.clapping.gifsmiliz64.gif

Posted

My definition of blizzard is a period of heavy intense snow, need wind yes for it to be a true blizzard but heavy intense snow could count as semi blizzard conditions?

"A violent snowstorm with winds blowing at a minimum speed of 35 miles (56 kilometers) per hour and visibility of less than one-quarter mile (400 meters) for three hours."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blizzard

I think 6pm it will finish up- maybe slightly later-

depends if we curl around the bottom edge...

the Heavy PPn eastern end is Dartford ( think greenhithe is slightly lighter) western end i guess Nine elms)

Stretches all the way down to central kent- so if you are in say lee green now & the SE postcodes - could be a very productive 2 hours- as well as direct south from that-

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Just been out to measure. 5.5cm. It looks deeper than that. Sadly not deep enough for snowmen or proper snow play :(

Posted

My definition of blizzard is a period of heavy intense snow, need wind yes for it to be a true blizzard but heavy intense snow could count as semi blizzard conditions?

Blizzard = snowstorm with sustained winds >35 mph. So, no, there's virtually no wind so it's not even a "semi blizzard". The fact is we don't have a clue what a blizzard is in SE England. I suspect "semi blizzard" is as meteorologically dubious as "mini tornado".

Posted

Areas of Eastern Suffolk is going to probably cop the biggest dump of the lot in the next few hours, look at that mass in the North Sea heading straight west for them in the North Sea.

That could very well be the Jackpot zone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Got about 6 kentimeters here in Ashford, not expecting to add too much more to that now, forecasts pretty much nailed it IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I think 6pm it will finish up- maybe slightly later-

depends if we curl around the bottom edge...

the Heavy PPn eastern end is Dartford ( think greenhithe is slightly lighter) western end i guess Nine elms)

Stretches all the way down to central kent- so if you are in say lee green now & the SE postcodes - could be a very productive 2 hours- as well as direct south from that-

S

Is that going to shift north towards me?

Posted

Areas of Eastern Suffolk is going to probably cop the biggest dump of the lot in the next few hours, look at that mass in the North Sea heading straight west for them in the North Sea.

That could very well be the Jackpot zone!

Yep NAE had the sweet spot north of Clacton. Looks to be bang on. We may just scrape the edge of it!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

It seems that just up the road in dartford and Bexleyheath they are getting more snow than Medway, what is causing the major difference?

Looking on the radar, the lighter precipitation keeps moving over us with heavier precipitation elsewhere!

Posted

Marked increase in intensity Gatwick way in last half hour. If they were big flakes, whiteout. But if they were big flakes we'd probably have iffy dew points. Will take the small flakes...

Posted

Now this is even more amazing..............The snow is even more heavier biggrin.pngyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifcold.gifclap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Now this is even more amazing..............The snow is even more heavier biggrin.pngyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifcold.gifclap.gif

Cheer up - it could be worse than thisrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yamkin,

At work, near the centre of Croydon, are the council about to declare a state of emergency!

Hope your boys are out there gritting those roads, I'd like to get home later.

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Jesus christ!! if it stays like this (bloody heavy!!) this will cause problems.. actually aint heard a train go past behand me for quite awhile

Posted

Hi yamkin - my in laws live that way. Suffice to say that's always a sweet spot for snow due to that bit of elevation.