Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys good event so far. Snow still coming down i got 10-12cm. Anymore on way for brum? And how about the next few days? @bliserd hey man what's it like where u r?

Posted

Still going here, but very fine flakes. Wonder if the radar is having trouble picking it up because it should be ending according to it.

Posted

UW60-594.GIF?18-16

Round two Sunday evening??

METO now showing snow all the way into Wales, GFS however has it an East Midlands event mainly with just flurries, hopefully will keep backing westwards.

It's going to be a nightmare with 2 low pressure centres around, anything is possible from that.

Posted

19th Nov 1996? dont think I got any on boxing day 2000, but did on 28th Dec

i think you are right it was 27th-28th December 2000. i was quite young even then then so wouldn't have the foggiest about the exact date for 1996, but i remember school was called off around 2pm. Was that a rain to snow event?

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It's going to be a nightmare with 2 low pressure centres around, anything is possible from that.

So, Ian, snow made it here easy, around 10cms, my highest amount since '96, very light now though,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Two photos from Bewdley. First, the obligatory ruler view -- maybe take off 0.5 cm for the slight angle, but otherwise it really is that deep! Second, the lane on the edge of town where I went for a walk a little while ago. A fantastic day for snow lovers, this one -- and it's -2.2 °C, so this isn't going anywhere any time soon! :)

isiuQGKzZ5U4C.jpg

iINJE4eqpj29g.jpg

Posted

Doing really well here must be 6" so far but that's on top of last night's inch.

Gonna go down in the history books this winter imo.

20130118_161317.jpg

you think? its been chilly here but up until now theres been very little noteworthy weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow event of 1990 dec 8th got over a foot today's snow comes no where near to that event. Lets hope there's mor.

Posted

you think? its been chilly here but up until now theres been very little noteworthy weather.

If you lived where i live and have watched literally 80% of snow events that have hit other parts of the region, miss this one, you'd understand what i mean, just ask Leicester folk biggrin.png

Posted

A good six, seven inches of snow here.

There will be snow on and off for the rest of the night and tomorrow but light snow, then again you never

know what might happen.

Posted

On Wednesday we were forecast 24-30 hours of snow

I got really excited, in the end we saw 7am - 1pm so 6 hours... What changed!?

Must add still a respectable snow event here but nothing out of an ordinary winter really

Posted

shockingly windy out there, blowing snow around, skies now partly cloudy at -2.0C, might think snow isnt going anywhere, but I doubt all surfaces white in morning, its that windy

Posted

Snow flizzling out across the whole band now...including North Wales, still incredibly fine snow falling here though (I say falling, more like flying!)

However, the north east coasts of England are getting/about to hit with some very heavy showers. Now if a strong easterly can get in...

Posted

Snow flizzling out across the whole band now...including North Wales, still incredibly fine snow falling here though (I say falling, more like flying!)

However, the north east coasts of England are getting/about to hit with some very heavy showers. Now if a strong easterly can get in...

chance of snow tomorrow from north sea, but does look mainly light

Posted

Managed around 13cms here, very nice for something I expected a few cms out of! Wonder how much will blow away in the wind though...

Top up on Sunday? Fingers crossed, this week is turning out to be a memorable one.

Posted

chance of snow tomorrow from north sea, but does look mainly light

Knowing how things are going, there'll be half a dozen trough thrown in dumping tons of the stuff, I love this winter now, even after all that rain and flooding.

And knowing how weather patterns seem to want to stick around for weeks on end nowadays, we could have a chance at an old school 'severe winter'.

Posted

Knowing how things are going, there'll be half a dozen trough thrown in dumping tons of the stuff, I love this winter now, even after all that rain and flooding.

And knowing how weather patterns seem to want to stick around for weeks on end nowadays, we could have a chance at an old school 'severe winter'.

dont really wanna look on model thread, will take enjoyment of this away, but GFS been concering, but UKMO stays cold well into thursday with no sign of mild mush

Posted

dont really wanna look on model thread, will take enjoyment of this away, but GFS been concering, but UKMO stays cold well into thursday with no sign of mild mush

Yeah, the GFS keep putting the breakdown back, I must admit I did look, but I quickly left laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I have to go along with the fact that this will definitely be one wintry event to remember along with the snow events of late-December 2000, 5th January 2010, and 18th December 2010. But having just been outside with a ruler, there is 13cm of snow here now - a tad over 5 inches. Ar yey! :)

Snowfall rating: 95%

Posted

12z another upgrade for snow potential on sunday.

Another 5cm for alot of central parts by monday am.