Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Have had an icicle hanging of the street lamp all day,first icicle in many a year hope I can keep it for a bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Fascinating seeing the snow being whipped off the roofs by the strong wind. I've only ever seen that while skiing in Vermont in the States.

Posted

Still snowing in Cwmbran, trying to keep my self awake in work after an all nighter! I had banked on it being a snow day! Grrrr

Posted

Temp has dropped half a degree in the last half an hour here - now -0.4c - snow seems to be intensifying slightly though sometimes its hard to say as the wind is blowing the dry powdery snow off roofs accross my view. Trains form Pengam through to Penarth were cancelled at 12.30 so might have to make one mans epic journey accross the Rhymney Valley (all 4 miles so perhaps not exactly the length and breadth) down to Ystrad Mynach shortly - a least its still light.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

9cm level snow on the lawn so a reasonable fall, shame there is a slight thaw underway. Further light but sleety snow currently.

0.5c dp -0.4c.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Looks like the NW corner of Wales is getting hammered, blow some it down this way will you? It's has stopped snowing here now more or less (hard to tell with so much snow blowing around in the wind). Hasn't added much in the last couple of hours so around 12-13cm I would estimate. Some much deeper drifts though. Temp -2.0c, dp -3.9c, so looking like an ice day today then, max was -0.7c at 9.00am.

Posted

Well the mountains have ruined it for us here, literally nothing, its just a normal wet day with light snow. Where i am 150m above colwyn bay we have about a cm covering and down the hill and around the coast theres nothing at all

Posted

There's a long chain of showers still forming west of the Bristol channel, these should give S Wales heavy snow > light snow > heavy snow and so on for quite a few hours until they stop forming. good.gif

Posted

Temperatures continue to fall and there are some intensifying showers moving west to east along the Bristol channel so snow depths should increase further!

Posted

Temp has been +0.2c here all morning, but it's now dropped to 0.0 - it's also getting brighter and there is the odd small patch of blue between the clouds.

Damn windy though, and a tad chilly in that wind.

Edited by Buzz

Posted

Snizzle here now! Temp is dropping tho, now -1.6c. Measured 7.5 inch depth on my decking but there has been quite a bit blowing around so true depth probably more!

Edited by Bafan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Took this 3 hrs ago probably a little bit more now but 6 inches anyway :) 1 foot drifts here in exposed placespost-7495-0-75128100-1358515352_thumb.jp

Snow starting to become a bit heavier again here now. Beefy snow showers approaching from the west:)

Posted

Temp plummeting now in bridgend -1 degree air temp -1 degree dewpoint measured 5.5 inches level snow and hopefully pick up a few of those beefy showers heading off the channel and to cap it all work called a snowdaydrinks.gif

Posted

Took this 3 hrs ago probably a little bit more now but 6 inches anyway smile.png 1 foot drifts here in exposed placespost-7495-0-75128100-1358515352_thumb.jp

Snow starting to become a bit heavier again here now. Beefy snow showers approaching from the west:)

Not all that beefy here in PT its still snowing but not that heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Snow streamers coming in off Bristol Channel hitting just to the east of the gower, very heavy snow here now again woo hoo :)

Posted

5 / 6 inches widely at my location with more in the drifts. I could have been in the 'red zone' as far as the Met are concerned!!

Edited by marclt