Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angelici Magiovinium

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire....

link to the previous one here....

Everyone is waiting with anticipation. I think it's got to a stage now where it's sit and wait for the next 24-48hrs.

snowing again in outibridge and wing getting up.things look great on the radar chart to

Light Snow in a increasing breeze here in Rotherham, should be an interesting drive to work at Ecclesfield.

coningsby lincoln

it hasnt warmed up as such and later lincoln will recieve a lot of snow esp tonight and tom

Morning -2 here in bingley with fairly light snow and 3cm on ground. Good luck all, off to work now n keep watching that radar lol.

Scunny not as cold, -2 at best over night.

Hoping that we get snow today of some sorts

Scunny not as cold, -2 at best over night.

Hoping that we get snow today of some sorts

you should have light snow moving in anytime now from the north sea,be it light.later today will see it intensify

Yes lookalike the front will make it over our region from about 4pm today, although will fragment and weaken as it pushes north we could get some nice surprises if it mixes with some of the convection coming off the sea!

*looks like!

It's is very lightly snowing here in Skelmanthorpe.

Must admit to being slightly disappointed that we had 7hrs of snow last night which has left nothing but a dusting. Can't help but feel its going to be another wet squib today with an other pathetic amount to show for hours of snow by tomorrow. Just seen the BBC forecast and as the front moves over us it shows it breaking up. Typical.

looks pretty good to me?snow today,tom and a larger spell of snow moving up from the south east sunday.

looks pretty good to me?snow today,tom and a larger spell of snow moving up from the south east sunday.

Are you right in the bottom of outibridge or up the hill?I will follow your snow progression as it marches throughThurgoland and towards me.good.gifEdit; having looked at rain today we should get hit at the same time

It's is very lightly snowing here in Skelmanthorpe.

Must admit to being slightly disappointed that we had 7hrs of snow last night which has left nothing but a dusting. Can't help but feel its going to be another wet squib today with an other pathetic amount to show for hours of snow by tomorrow. Just seen the BBC forecast and as the front moves over us it shows it breaking up. Typical.

No need to panic yet NAE looks fine

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=30&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

What time do you expect the heavy stuff to hit sheffield? Band seems to have picked up speed - any chance it could stall a bit over sheffield / Yorkshire?

to me from looking at the NW radar it seems that the band is making big progress already!

3.00am

post-1104-0-73012800-1358492497_thumb.pn

6:50am

post-1104-0-24909000-1358492505_thumb.pn

Are you right in the bottom of outibridge or up the hill?I will follow your snow progression as it marches throughThurgoland and towards me.good.gifEdit; having looked at rain today we should get hit at the same time

im at the top end of outibridge.looking good later today and rite threw the weekend

Light snower shower here over the past 30 minutes leaving a dusting on cars etc. Main snow band looking quite beefy and should give most of us a good covering later on. With a temperature of -1 it feels positivily spring like compared with previous mornings.