Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 06z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

06z looks like it has slightly shifted eastwards but not too much. It's probably being more progressive considering its the 6z!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by Beasterly

Posted

Thought it worthy of a post.

Very nice!! Sun has finally bucked up here too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

06z gfs pushes everything east by 50 miles or so.

ah just like I said it would, the last few days the 06z has done that, only for the 12z to edge back westward again!

Posted

It's getting there, but I'd still like a couple more westward shifts yet just to make it a tad more comfortable.

How do you think we feel! Lest start chanting West West West.

Been a long time lurker and don't often post as don't have much to add to the conversation. Just spare a thought for us in the far Southwest still looks like we are heading for rain!

Hold on to the roller coaster!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Beasterly, if it has shifted it i noticed it keeps it as snow and no rain even if it goes further east.Nice.

Posted

Still looking OK for you guys away from South and Western coasts:

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Those of you who follow Ian on twitter will notice that he's hinted at light snow on Thursday evening being a possibility now too.

Similiar to the NAE.

Edited by AWD

Posted

06z looks like it has slightly shifted eastwards but not too much. It's probably being more progressive considering its the 6z!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Looks excellent! Nice dark pinky red over alot of us in Wiltshire Somerset Bristol Dorset Gloucester Hampshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Hi, I;'ve seen a few comments re the 06Z re eastward shifts, and the 12Z will shunt it back westwards, was just wondering if there's anything different from the 06z and 12z model runs?? Cheers guys....

12z is generally a little more reliable due to having a tad more data input to it.

Been a common theme of late for the 06z run to be eastern biased, only for the 12z run to correct west again.

Not saying it will happen this time, it might not, just saying that's been the scenario recently.

Posted

12z is generally a little more reliable due to having a tad more data input to it.

Been a common theme of late for the 06z run to be eastern biased, only for the 12z run to correct west again.

Not saying it will happen this time, it might not, just saying that's been the scenario recently.

Lovely, cheers AWD....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

What is it with Devon and Cornwall? I think I am morphing into the green eyed monster

Don't worry, if it happens it will happen. Model forecasting systems are just that, they forecast the weather, they are no crystal ball. And with the 2 biggest forecasters in the country being the BBC and the Met Office are not even sure I think in reality this is going to be a now casting event.

I am not getting excited or disheartened until friday. If I look out of the window and see tarmac, I will be disheartened, if I see snow, excited!! There is my weather forecast for the day rofl.gif

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Looks like possibly snowing for 40 hours in Wilts....that is pretty epic if it happens. 15 cm seems a small amount!

Posted

Eastward movement of front, but still keeps the sw under the precip, so it doesnt really matter, trend seems to emerging to push the cold air back into devon etc pretty earlier during friday night which will help to keep the sw under snow.

Totals of 15-25cm widely on the gfs again so i would expect given this and the nae that evertthing is raised to an amber alert and precip totals maybe increased.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

GFS high res highlights the south east flow well, important for us and will reintroduce colder dewpoints etc,

Rmgfs721.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

prectypeuktopo.png

Looking good for a vast whiteout, away from the extremities.

As ever, like AWD says, I await the GFS 12z and other suites with interest but even then we are still t+48 or further away, guys n gals.

I'm far from saying it won't happen but it will be a whole lot different to that currently projected.

Stick with NMM and NAE and Fax Charts withinn 24 hours of the event (tomorrow afternoon I guess) which will show the expected positioning of the fronts too.

Anybody with plans getting out and about within this region should watch the aforementioned forecasts before making any arrangements for travel. This has the potential to dump a whole lot of SNOW it seems, possibly more than the accumaltive 9 inches originally suggested by the GFS 12z on Friday. (Once again I refer you to the last two paragraphs on the original as mentioned)

http://forum.netweat...20#entry2490164

However, as we know, simply a few inches can bring disruption, so take care and stick to these regionals for updates.

I'll still be lurking around and watching the latest as it unfolds.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

even on the coast I think that will fall as snow as there could well be lying snow already from duruing the day and the temp drop overnight when thats falling will probably see it as the white stuff

Posted

Looks like possibly snowing for 40 hours in Wilts....that is pretty epic if it happens. 15 cm seems a small amount!

I quite agree, something doesnt add up when the meto forecast is for 12 hrs of heavy snow but only 5-15cm..... Heavy in my book is at least 2mm an hr if not alot more....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

West west west!

Where you located?

Please can you update your profile to show your location. Especially useful when the precipitation starts falling.

And of course, welcome aboard netweather towers. hi.gif

Posted

As ever, like AWD says, I await the GFS 12z and other suites with interest but even then we are still t+48 or further away, guys n gals.

GFS 12z will be the teller :winky: I have high confidence for our area to the East of you lot, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get a belter in the S and SW too!

Posted

GFS high res highlights the south east flow well, important for us and will reintroduce colder dewpoints etc,

Rmgfs721.gif

Absolutely noone should be complaining about that particular chart, that is dreamland synoptics. acute.gif