Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Way isee it is like this ,yes we may get a day of snow fri eve sat morn, but judging the forward movement from the atlantic ,tempratures will continue to rise and the snow will melt fairly quick especially in kent, so i would prefere the system to take a more southerly route and go down in france and hopefully the cold will build back to our north and pull in the NE wind, which will be better in the long run for extended cold and snow prospects..

Just the way i see it...

Posted

Looks like the wind turned the right way for East Kent to catch a shower streamer, It's snowing here in Dover with a cm or two covering.

Posted

Just off to work, and I am not saying what I am going to do to the car after my last dismal effort.

Just don't get into any scrapes!

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Send it this way Guys

Waaaa I am surrounded, Great Wakering and Central Southend has snow - Blow it this way guys! good.gif

haha, ive only had a light dusting, not on the moderate scale as Southend is supposed to of had, lol......

Posted

Fog clearing now and can see some higher based clouds must be whats out in the estaury.

Btw whoever said they could see little sparkling flakes earlier would suggest googling

Diamond Dust - Has happened quite a few times since 2009 more especially in the Midlands!

Quite the rare phenomenum! Might not be but you never know!

Posted

I'll believe it when I see it.

GFS this morning again slightly West so snow not quite reaching us.

EH???

Are you not in this huge pink blob of loveliness???

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

Very informative and easily understood read, Steve. Thanks for taking the time to post.

CD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

rofl.gif I think you're best bet is a day off and some serious lamppost watching.

Eh????? Are you for real?????

I think after the weekend disappointment most here have had that is a fair statement.

There was talk of 15 cm of snow coming and then as each day got closer it got less and less and warmer and warmer until we......well we know what happened.

Admittedly this time it's more promising at a shorter time frame but there is still plenty of time for that front not to get to the SE.

Fingers crossed it does and spends a week here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

rofl.gif I think you're best bet is a day off and some serious lamppost watching.

Eh????? Are you for real?????

well maybe not quite true just to many let downs in the past getting to me I think coast

Posted

Is it going to start snowing heavy on friday afternoon/Evening in the East, because the last thing I want (as much I love snow) is to be trapped in my college lol

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=will-it-snow;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

EH???

Are you not in this huge pink blob of loveliness???

prectypeuktopo.png

Just about.....but then I was in several of those just over a week ago too and as I look out at the green grass I dwell on what could have been ;-)

Guest bjaykent

Very informative and easily understood read, Steve. Thanks for taking the time to post.

CD

absolutely agree, a great post. Those showers look like they are coming in at a nice angle into the estuary.

Posted

One comment that keeps being repeated is the previous snowfest at no point am I aware did s Mur or JP or coast for that matter ever claim 15 cm. we got wet snow some got a bucketful. The dp were far to Hugh and there was a horrendous warm sector in it.

This one is far more exciting as per Steves post could be epic but needs to be the right way for it to come off. The roller coaster and train continues to barrel down here. I for one will be watching the mod thread very closely today as we move into the t48 hr period

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Way isee it is like this ,yes we may get a day of snow fri eve sat morn, but judging the forward movement from the atlantic ,tempratures will continue to rise and the snow will melt fairly quick especially in kent, so i would prefere the system to take a more southerly route and go down in france and hopefully the cold will build back to our north and pull in the NE wind, which will be better in the long run for extended cold and snow prospects..

Just the way i see it...

Totally agree with you. Most models show snow turning to rain in the SE, to avoid that the fronts need to keep further south leaving us in the very cold air. If we are to get 10 inches of snow only for it to start melting 12 hours later I'd rather it just rained to be honest, nothing worse than a slushfest! Anyway, could all change so I'll shut up now lol ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Exactly my point

I would much prefer the cold to stay than have a snow to rain weekend

But as Steve said its looking good at the moment from this mornings runs

So not as worried now

12 z gonna be exciting

Posted

One comment that keeps being repeated is the previous snowfest at no point am I aware did s Mur or JP or coast for that matter ever claim 15 cm.

Too far away with too much uncertainty to make any bold claims for snow depths! Be content that there is a high probability of snow for most of us during Friday and Saturday from the current output.

So we are what? 48 hours away now... So still time to change but looking good guys... All we need to pray is that the temps don't rise on Sunday because we could be in a serious snow feast if it all comes out on top... Would pretty much shut down London (not good) (for us those it's a bloody good time to start getting the party ready)