Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013 20:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

and here comes the heavy snow again...being so close to the pivot point should definitely benefit :) already have 3 inches laying so can't complain if don't get too much more :)

Posted

Wont bother looking at Fridays chart after all this hype about everything and nothing has really happened 15 inches the whole country was going to grind to a halt didn't get anymore than sleet wet Snow here rather a tall order??

Posted

and here comes the heavy snow again...being so close to the pivot point should definitely benefit smile.png already have 3 inches laying so can't complain if don't get too much more smile.png

i give Alex on look east credit she did say it will pivot over night , looking forward for Friday for our next big load!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Oooo interesting news. On three counties radio earlier they had a professor on there explaining a " WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN WEATHER WISE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY" and why. Can't give any more details add my mum heard it. But she described it as a MEGA event.

Fingers crossed

Posted

Atlantic trying to push in again? be the same as today will turn to rain, Friday!! forecasters cant get it right for 12 hrs in advance

Mega event I thought today was suppose to be it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Well still nothing haopening here in Luton! :/ don't think we will get anything else now

Posted

Just asked Chris Bell (BBC Forecaster on Look East) if he can post his picture in this thread which shows 15.5cm of snow North of Norwich, hoping he will oblige in a mo for all the doubters, just seen the picture on Facebook!

Posted

Atlantic trying to push in again? be the same as today will turn to rain, Friday!! forecasters cant get it right for 12 hrs in advance

Mega event I thought today was suppose to be it

hope Friday even Alex mentioned it to-night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I am 18 miles NE of Norwich been snowing for 5 hours around 13-15cm here and still snowing as the front is pivoting was not expecting such good totals !!!drinks.gif

NW of Norwich even LOL

North Norfolk done very well out of this, and deservedly so!

Posted

Oooo interesting news. On three counties radio earlier they had a professor on there explaining a " WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN WEATHER WISE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY" and why. Can't give any more details add my mum heard it. But she described it as a MEGA event.

Fingers crossed

Anyone would be foolish to even think about Friday. It would be very dangerous for your health.

Remember what the models were showing for today - 4 days ago? I rest my case ;-)

Posted

Blunt, I understand you may be upset about what you've received today, but you just can't relate the two situations in the same sentence. Today was a surface shortwave feature with embedded polar maritime air diluted slightly by the Atlantic track, heading SE with an internal flow

The POTENTIAL situation being modelled (we should all remind ourselves before we get carried away..by we I mean me...that this is still theoretical) is completely different. Undercutting Atlantic LP pulling in cold continental air.

It would lead to completely different profiles and requirements with regard to snow :)

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Just asked Chris Bell (BBC Forecaster on Look East) if he can post his picture in this thread which shows 15.5cm of snow North of Norwich, hoping he will oblige in a mo for all the doubters, just seen the picture on Facebook!

No doubt, only jesting ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Chris Bell lives 6 miles S of me so if his pics are from his home that would tie in the the 13-15cm here in Hindolveston and counting!!

Edited by TobyT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

got told the band on fri will stall over wales.

So nothing for us lol.

Have to see the met o has me for a flake on friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

The radar shows a little nudge west after entering Kings Lynn. That route south would be nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Glad I didn't get anything actually just feels like a normal Monday just a a bit cold.

Have no idea what the temps are anyone have a link?