Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Anybody else noticing a sudden ballooning of shower activity in the last forty minutes heading westwards off the N Sea towards the length of the Scottish east coast?!

Mmm been watching for an hour or so and it just keeps growing, although not sure how far inland it will get.

Posted

Anyone order a sub 0C blizzard?

ukmintemp.png

prectypeuktopo.png

ukwind.png

Hi Lomond Snowstorm

Yes that will do fine takes me back nearly 40 years 9 feet drifts covering the front windows of the house!!! Coming home in the car from the rail station between two 6 foot walls of snow and just blue sky above us Couldn"t see the countryside very strange.

All I had then were radio forecasts and my grans Paper with the fax chart in it. Times change but still just as unpredictable almost, except some of the experts on here are almost making it predictable and they are to be congratulated.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Mmm been watching for an hour or so and it just keeps growing, although not sure how far inland it will get.

Yes, I'm watching it too. Strangely little was mentioned on the BBC forecasts and Matt Taylor on the national forecast suggested and I quote "rain or sleet flurries" in the east of Scotland in the morning with snow showers in the Borders.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Anybody else noticing a sudden ballooning of shower activity in the last forty minutes heading westwards off the N Sea towards the length of the Scottish east coast?!

It seems to wax and wane a bit, but certainly in a waxing phase at the moment. Some really quite beefy stuff popping up now. Flow over the mainland is still basically northerly although more like northeasterly at the coast so it'll be interesting to see whether it can make it this far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

-1c here and -1.5c but feels reassuringly cold..... snow cover frozen and everything nice and dried oot......just need mair snaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

nae snaw so far and nothing for tues/wed :( BUT LS posting those blizzard charts what can I say but wow! I wonder.....

Posted

Watching the blob with interest... Nothing quite like now casting huh.. watching the traffic cams it hasn't stopped snowing over the Tyrebagger this evening, but we've had nothing on the west side.. in fact more thaw if anything.. this is our local climate separator working in reverse, it's well known that the weather can often be different on either side of that stretch of the A96.. but it's mostly the other way around :)

Hailstones here now!!!

you have Kilmalcolm as your location, but say you're 1m inland Aberdeenshire, is that North or South of Aberdeen or closest town please :)

Posted

nae snaw so far and nothing for tues/wed sad.png BUT LS posting those blizzard charts what can I say but wow! I wonder.....

It'll never verify though.

.Or will it?!.........

Posted

Just had a shower of ermm .... ice dust? - probably the best way I could describe it. Everything looks like its been covered in glitter now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Just had a shower of ermm .... ice dust? - probably the best way I could describe it. Everything looks like its been covered in glitter now

Fairy snow?! Now I'm jealous! girl_devil.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Currently Blobcastingwacko.png

Seems next blob will pop up anywhere!

blobby watchmr%20blobby%20dec%202011.jpg

Posted

The radar looks very messy with lots of blobs and the band in the north sea should deliver snow for favourable areas - .i.e Aberdeenshire, Angus, parts of Fife, maybe parts of the Borders. A lovely starry night, the decaying shower brought no snow here but a patchy and thin area of cloud cover spread southwards across Glasgow.

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

how far do the knowledgable think this expanding band of ppn will get west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

how far do the knowledgable think this expanding band of ppn will get west

I doubt it'll get as far as Falkirk, but further blob action overnight into tomorrow is likely to appear so who knows!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Just looking at some of the members photos (especially the recent Scarbourough ones with the snow on the beach) look like proper snaw! You know stuff you can really lie in! Looks lovely help.gif

I doubt it'll get as far as Falkirk, but further blob action overnight into tomorrow is likely to appear so who knows!

I really shouldn't but think I will stay up to see where the southern blob heads to. At the moment it's making steady progress west, could be interesting for the Lothians and Borders later on.

I went snow hunting this morning and ended up stranded. To cut a long story short the car broke down and I thought I had run out of petrol, only for FatherInLawCatch to come to the rescue with petrol which went into the petrol tank the normal way and then started pouring out of the bottom of the car. Major embarassment saved for me!! Pity the car seems to have a serious problem though :lol: