Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shuggee

West Midlands Regional Discussion

Sleet shower here. Come on. Turn to snow. Oh please!

Anyone any idea how long these showers will be going for as we

desperately need the tempratures to drop?

Going by the nae 12z up until 9pm roughly until winds would be to northerly to push them into midlands. More likely to be of snow after dark. :) we had 5cms earlier however I think we,LL be down to about 3 by time its dark with little left on roads and pavements

Just had hail, temp should keep dropping now with a bit of luck

Rain here in Heath Hayes, Cheshire gap showers are rubbish!

Sleet Shower in wolverhampton now, turns briefly more snowy when the wind picks up before going back to predominantly rain only seconds later. Temp dropped 1C to 2.5C in 5 mins.

Was expected more of a thaw, but most of it is actually still around. Didn't rain much and the sun is out now and even that's hardly melting anything. The only thing that's melted is the roads. I'd say we've lost a cm, that's it. Hope this freezes so it stays looking like winter for a few more days.

Nearly all of the snow gone now, the heavy snow from half 10-12 didnt even stick it was to wet, need the sun to come out and dry everything up so we can hopefully catch a shower later

Quite a bit of snow left at work (Corley 500ft asl) but Bedworth's snow cover has thawed quite a bit.

I'm confident that we'll get a top-up later though, the showers are really converging now and as others said, a trough would easily get across the Midlands.

Actually, the thaw's slowed drastically now the sun's gone in, I can see the showers to the northwest.

all we seem to be getting is crappy rain. Any snow chances for brum guys?

I would have hoped the showers would be snow by now.

It seems that we will get nothing out of these showers as it

is still too mild.

As expected a thaw, was great while it lasted, remember ppl, this yesterdays cold blip and snow a bonus, cold spell dosent really start until tomorrow

Poster on North West thread just posted a NAE chart showing a cheshire gap

streamer this evening as snow. Hope this is right.

Just rain now in stoke will turn back to snow tonight? Make that sleet

Stafford town centre, virtually no snow, only in flower beds etc, lot of sleet today, but heavy rain I think later today

What an awful soggy day it has been for us West Midlanders. I was hopeful when it started snowing again this morning that the BBC had over estimated the rain, but i think they were right on the money.

Looking at the charts/models for Friday it does look promising for this area of the country. We could be seeing significant snowfall in areas.

All our snow has been washed away and melted. High tops (Clee Hill, Long Mynd) still white though. Heavy rain showers with spectacular rainbows a short while ago.