Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Ian, I can tell you where that northern limit will be...... Penkridge.

They all speak of their snow shields, but there's none so powerful as the Wildwood shield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Mmm, well I'm well into the amber warning, it's only got to push in a bit more and I'm in the red warning, won't be able to sleep tonight will be glued to the iPad :-/)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

They all speak of their snow shields, but there's none so powerful as the Wildwood shield.

That's 3 of us, we're going to need our own thread at this rate.

Posted

It’s very difficult to say, particularly as the GFS doesn’t agree with the METO/ECM and of course it’s the GFS that spews out all the good forecast data for such events.

But if it goes the ECM/UKMO way and based on past experience of such synoptic I would think 15-20 cm is widely possible in the South Midlands with perhaps less in Birmingham/Wolves/Leicester/South Shrops areas depending on where the Northern limit is.

Yeah i think your right just seen the forecast on beeb they said 5-10 ms all over the midlands maybe 15-20 cms in some parts of the higher ground think if your in The SW midlands get ready for a BIG snow event

Posted

Hopefully stoke will get some pasting

Chess, unfortunately we look to be too far North and East both for tomorrow and for Monday.

Posted

the bbc graphics are well annoying for stoke. Ive never take them face value as they only give an indication rather than specifics but it shows stoke being snowless all day tomorrow with perhaps a few flurries in the evening rush hour.

We all know thats not going to happen. What you think Ian?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Can only suggest that that is based on old information ? All warnings will apparently be removed (for the region) with the exception of Hereford & Worcester and South Shrops.

You have to be on a wind up. I am being cautious about this event because Leicester could miss out by 20 miles or we may get a decent covering. I am by no means writing it off yet though, how you can say all warnings will be removed barring Hereford and Shropshire I have no idea. Who gave you this information?

Posted

You have to be on a wind up. I am being cautious about this event because Leicester could miss out by 20 miles or we may get a decent covering. I am by no means writing it off yet though, how you can say all warnings will be removed barring Hereford and Shropshire I have no idea. Who gave you this information?

Well the updated snow map on met office has all west mids to expect 5-10 cms and 15-20 over higher ground i think east mids looking at 2-5 cms

Posted

Andy they haven’t removed the warnings because they want to play safe with the frontal zone. Think about it – it’s only a frontal system like any other that you see throughout the year – it will have cloud ahead of it, lighter PPN at the edges and a core of heavier PPN.

Now unless the frontal zone is abnormally huge i.e dual centred low, which it doesn’t appear it will be, then if the heaviest and most persistent PPN is expected to be in SE Wales, then the only places in our region where there will be PPN is Mid Shrops at the Northern limit, with Hereford, Worcs, and Glos all in the PPN zone.

the bbc graphics are well annoying for stoke. Ive never take them face value as they only give an indication rather than specifics but it shows stoke being snowless all day tomorrow with perhaps a few flurries in the evening rush hour.

We all know thats not going to happen. What you think Ian?

I would question whether North Staffs will see anything, by the evening rush hour the front will already be heading BACK SW.

Posted

On the weather on Midlands today, Shafali mentioned that the snow could be falling at a rate of 3-5cm per hour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Many parts of the Red Warning area are likely to have 20-30 cm of snow with strong southeasterly winds causing blizzards, severe drifting of lying snow and thus severe disruption. The public should avoid all non-essential journeys

jus nudge that north east were in business biggrin.png

The red warning area seems to be very small and specific. Given the uncertainty that there's been all week, and which has continued today, I can't see the basis on which they're able to confine it just to this small area (which is largely mountainous I accept).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Light snow falling on the Malverns where I am. Temp 1.2oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looks to be trending south this, wouldnt be surprised if overnight this dosent reach northern parts at all, 12Z's will shift this south, not west but south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im actually laughing at the negativity in here now. YOU ALL WILL HAVE SNOW.

Posted

I would question whether North Staffs will see anything, by the evening rush hour the front will already be heading BACK SW.

Oh dear! i hope your wrong.

We will see snow that's almost nailed on but to see 5cm above is a huge ask under current indications.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Ian brown is right unfortunately, snow for all West midlands away from Staffs and Shrops

If that happens I'm.done with this crap of a town :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I pray you are both wrong

So do I, but I feel it will trend miles south on tomorrows 00Z's, bbc/meto etc

Posted

So do I, but I feel it will trend miles south on tomorrows 00Z's, bbc/meto etc

The community as a whole would appreciate it if you backed up your ideas somewhat- rather than just blind guessing which is what it looks like you're doing right now. (I'm not saying your wrong- I'm just encouraging you to support your view.)