Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

There is so much twaddle posted on here at times. Let's get some positivity and excitement in here people!

Exactly! If there's a slight downgrade it 'rubbish' 'typical' 'as usual' and 'we will get nothing'. If there is a slight upgrade or it stays the same, they don't mention anything! Hmmmmm...

Posted

Any snow I get tomorrow will be a welcomed bonus as I was not expecting this front so quickly after Monday. Let it snow as much as it wants, either way I'm happy with it feeling like winter finally, after the dross of December. :)

Posted

Positive - I booked Friday off last week - just coincedance.

Just wondering at what point the School will decide wether to close.

BBC and Met office currently showing light snow for this area NOW and next few hours.

Cant see any , and sky doesnt look ready yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

I dont think they'd remove the west mids warning even given the reduced snow forecast on the 0z, far too touch and go for that. The 0z nae is an upgrade compared to the earlier run, although still not as good as yesterday's runs. Still too much uncertainty to call, however based placed in this region remains Hereford and worcestershire.

Sorry that should've said 06 nae is an upgrade on the 0z.

Posted

Just mentioned on the TV forecast that the warnings will be upgraded and that a red warning is looking very likely for some areas! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well same as usial then. As i said i wouldnt get excited regarding this soacalld event. Reading the model thread i was rite not to get excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

The snow will arive how much is uncertain. Events like this are hard to predict where and how much snow will fall and we won't really know untill its actually arrived. To much negativity

Posted

Just mentioned on the TV forecast that the warnings will be upgraded and that a red warning is looking very likely for some areas! :o

Did the bbc mention that?

Posted

As usual it goes tits up,

Confused how something that hasn't even started can go tits up!! The models are useless, many a time they predict nothing for us to get something & vice versa!! BBC weather this morning showed NOTHING for here, sunny spells IIRC. The models in December were saying Arctic weather, what happened?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well, it's snowed here! There was a very thin dusting earlier, and the odd flake in the breeze as I was standing around at Kidderminster station an hour ago. Tomorrow is another day. Ahem. :p

Posted

Snow picked up a bit, but all the laying snow from last night has melted! Temp hovering around freezing. Nowhere near as cold as I thought it might be at this stage.

Posted

Snow starting to move east now through Wales, expect some flurries/light snow west of Birmingham this afternoon/evening guys.

Currently 0.5c here and the fog's finally gone at last.

Posted

Piers corbyn has updated to say double the amount of snow farcasted on t.v !

Corbyn has a very bad name on Netweather. If you get the chance, search the archives and see what experienced members (unlike me!) have to say about him.

Kind regards,

Mike.

Posted

Temperatures are a little higher than i thought!!it was meant to be -1 all day but some areas are closer to 1!!maybe means the front might be pushing east a lot more than originally forecast!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!!!

Hi First post on here - have been following the convo quite a bit and getting vert excited about tomorrow's potential. Schools on my area (Hereford) have been put on alert and it is now currently snowing. Here's to tomorrow!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

looking at the met mobile site there's a yellow snow alert for w.midlands conerbation yesterday it was an amber alert.

Posted

Many parts of the Red Warning area are likely to have 20-30 cm of snow with strong southeasterly winds causing blizzards, severe drifting of lying snow and thus severe disruption. The public should avoid all non-essential journeys

jus nudge that north east were in business :D