Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I forgot to mention that looking at precip totals locations in the N/NW of this region could be looking at around 10-13cm of snowfall tonight, 5-7cm elsewhere.

http://expert-images...011500_1400.gif

And when you look at the zoomed version 6 hours later:

13011506_2_1400.gif

That wrap around even promotes parts in the south of the region towards a potential 8-10cms too. Its actually a fairly substantial upgrade from the 0z

SK

Posted

Off to work now in St Albans. I hope it still delivers some snow there later.

Still snowing here in Epping and notoriously this always does better for snow here than where I work.

Essex set for a fair bit of snow possibly tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Over an inch of snow here, what a surprise!

Posted

Can see me getting called out of work to do an early school run by those charts! Happy days :)

Posted

More snow than I expected when travelling away from St Albans City centre, only main gritted roads are snow-less. Seen a few gritters already, suggesting they're expecting more snow, which ties in with the latest updates. I am enjoying this snow, mainly because it hasn't frozen yet!

Off to work now in St Albans. I hope it still delivers some snow there later.

Still snowing here in Epping and notoriously this always does better for snow here than where I work.

Essex set for a fair bit of snow possibly tonight

We'll try our best to provide you some snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Is that the second band out to the west now,thats supposed to hit this afternoon.?It doesnt seem all that to me,everyones going on about how the second band will be better for today,it looks tiny or am i missing something?

Yesterdays weather sytem was much bigger than that ,i see its slightly more intensive but wont last long?

Please tell me what i am seeing please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just the odd flurry driving in to work, with the temperature at about zero. I'm pretty happy with that tbh. A cm or two is not worth the driving hassle to me. Hopefully there will be somewhat more than the odd cm later and I can justify not driving in tomorrow. wink.png

I'm guessing dew points must be very low where I live, as there was no hint of a frosted windscreen.

Posted

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=24&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Peeps 20-25cm possible according to nae for yoyr region from todays front.... 20cm possible in kent later too! Enjoy!

Posted

Is that the second band out to the west now,thats supposed to hit this afternoon.?It doesnt seem all that to me,everyones going on about how the second band will be better for today,it looks tiny or am i missing something?

Yesterdays weather sytem was much bigger than that ,i see its slightly more intensive but wont last long?

Please tell me what i am seeing please?

Hi floaty, it's the wrap around tonight that could produce a lot of snow for Essex. 8-10cm

Another band moving from the wash across SE parts and across London

Posted

More snow than I expected when travelling away from St Albans City centre, only main gritted roads are snow-less. Seen a few gritters already, suggesting they're expecting more snow, which ties in with the latest updates. I am enjoying this snow, mainly because it hasn't frozen yet!

We'll try our best to provide you some snow!

Haha thanks Saint.

I still go with my thoughts that I don't expect any snow turning to rain/sleet from London North.

Posted

I would post a picture..................but the house roofs, gardens and roads look like they do in the summer here rofl.gifsorry.gif

Bloody fickle Weather Gods!

Posted

And when you look at the zoomed version 6 hours later:

13011506_2_1400.gif

That wrap around even promotes parts in the south of the region towards a potential 8-10cms too. Its actually a fairly substantial upgrade from the 0z

SK

Hi Snowking

I am intrigued by the wrap around you are on about. Can you be a bit more specific as to what area could be affected, eg London?

Edited by Sharpedge

Posted

Lovely forecast from Alex Deakin

Our whole region affected with heavy snow this afternoon (no rain graphics)

He said " SE set for more heavy snow tonight"

People saying north of region is best placed - anywhere in the region could get pasted

Posted

People saying north of region is best placed - anywhere in the region could get pasted

Only going by the latest charts. The sweet zone appears to be the N/W of this region and then Lincs/Notts/Derbyshire. However as ever it will come to just watching the radar.

The wrap around that people are referring to will be near my location at midnight tonight.

fax24s.gif?13-0

This will sink SE overnight bringing more snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

Don't think much will be flying from oxford airport today.. Can't see anyone out gritting.

gallery_18543_1189_650700.jpg

Posted

Only going by the latest charts. The sweet zone appears to be the N/W of this region and then Lincs/Notts/Derbyshire. However as ever it will come to just watching the radar.

The wrap around that people are referring to will be near my location at midnight tonight.

fax24s.gif?13-0

Sounds great mate. Look forward to a good snow day :-)

Jeez, I better go to work

Posted

Anyone with snowfall rom last night should be aware that they will most likely see snow rather than rain. It was marginal anyone south of London so if you do have any laying snow then that should favour snow further.

Posted

Latest 6z NAE starting to roll out... latest precip accumulation charts (until 6am Tuesday) for E.A for today's band are trending to upgrade a little more...

I do like that 12 bang on my area...

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/14/basis06/ukuk/rsum/13011506_1406.gif

Posted

The view outside my window! smile.png

post-15503-0-29678500-1358152292_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

had graupel ,now light snow x

Posted

fax24s.gif?13-0

Hi TEITS as I value your experience could you tell me if it will be a hit or miss for huntingdon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd say we've had about a scant inch. It was weird as the radar was solid pale pink over my place at 3:30 but not snowing. Then got up again at around 5 and it was snowing lightly. Must have kept up the good work for a few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Latest 6z NAE starting to roll out... latest precip accumulation charts (until 6am Tuesday) for E.A for today's band are trending to upgrade a little more...

I do like that 12 bang on my area...

http://expert-images...011506_1406.gif

Cripes! Only Aviemore (18cm) gets more snow than my location which is in for another 12cm!